Reviews for magazine remedy
rosieroo chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Hey there! I'm Rosie from a website called A Drop of Romeo and I'm happy to say that you're story has been added to our site under the category of 'poetry'! Here's your review:

Rosie Thinks: This poem will truly make you ache for the girl portrayed. Everything about the poem - the words, the format, the techniques - has been utilised by the author to create an image of the horrors of eating disorders. It focuses predominantly on anorexia and bulimia, and it gives you a no-holds-barred insight into it. It is an astonishing insight into an ugly topic.

The imagery she uses is beautiful and emotive. It makes you truly think about her situation and the message the author is trying to convey. The poem truly came to life in my mind through the techniques she has used. Not only has lackluster created beautiful images from the words, but the poem is visually appealing as well. She has manipulated the format to add further depth to the poem through italics, parentheses, stanzas and bold.

To sum it up quickly, it is an honest, raw and eloquently written poem that will leave you feeling stunned and lost afterwards.
punctured.lungs chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Love it.
Pinkliquor chapter 1 . 6/21/2008
Raw and bony. Like this girl you've portrayed
for keeps chapter 1 . 10/21/2006
Wow, when I finished reading this my jaw was hanging open. It is so incredibly amazing, very honest and powerful. Eloquently written- really paints a scene in my mind.
Sheets chapter 1 . 4/16/2006
You capture it so beautifully...
just a teardrop chapter 1 . 1/27/2006
gorgeous. really beautiful, i love it.
AboveTheSalt chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
amazing. like a story in poetry. great descriptions.
TropVraiTropVrai chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
love down parts of the path to the alcohol and may be going backjust... loved it
Plinky chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Wow, this is really good. I love the way you use bold and italics to emphasise letters. And the bit that said ' .touch'. I thought that was really good. You are amazingly good at creating an atmosphere. Great poem.
myno chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
i asked the question in my poem 'selfdestruct' "does life come in a size zero?" and this poem brings that to mind again. As a recovered anorexic myself i can relate. As someone who now has a realistic and healthy image of beeauty, this poem is faintly sickening in it's masterful portrayel of the twisted state of mind anorexia throws one into. lovely take on an ugly topic.
Maxwell K chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
isnt throwing up someting else than anorexia, but being an idiot i reall y have no clue lol! Well since im the 37th review ill probably be lost in the crowd and this probably has been repeated over and over again, but i truely really love this poem!
agirlnamed-aly chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
Powerful with a strong, meaningful message.

Great work.
beti213 chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
oh man. this is absolutely gorgeous and I love it and the imagery and... wow. so full of pain and also revelation. don't change it a bit. *adds to favorites*
Moonbeam Elegance chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
absoloutely unique...i love it.

moonbeam e
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Reads like a death sentance like the scene will never change. It's fantastic.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »