Reviews for Advent of the Individual
JGKing chapter 10 . 4/17/2010
Though simplistic in structure and short of vivid details, your story is rich with imagination and intelligence.

I personally find this fictional work, among all others, absolutely fantastic! It is clever, yet simple to understand. Short, but it has no need for descriptive elements. This story is as unique as the characters depicted in it.

My hat is off to you!
OreganoTomato chapter 10 . 3/18/2008
first of all, i love the story! it left me with a very surreal feeling, and it wasn't overly technical (as some robot stories tend to be); definitely a thought-provoking read. out of curiosity, was it meant to be a religious allegory? the enlightened rising of a repressed people led by a distinctly inspiring individual, John's dying so his people can live, not to mention the name John Baptaine...
SpawnMeister666 chapter 10 . 10/12/2006
This is a strange tale, and one that I'm not sure how to take. It seems unfinished, although I'm sure that's deliberate on your part.

The characters are a little too impersonal to really care about, and the constant writing of numbers with the robots is distracting.

The pace is a bit off, and it seems that for the most part this was written with a "I'm not sure where this is going but I'll get there eventually" kind of attitude.

Not your best work unfortunately, but certainly not your worst either.

Spawny
Arkash chapter 2 . 9/6/2005
Very interesting exploration into artificial intelligence. Very well done chaper.

Typo: "You ma take comfort in knowing..." Did you mean "may"?

Good Job! *_*
ice flyer chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
I really like how you use numbers..it characterizes the world very well. Planner what ever the number is seems like a great character - you've written the thoughts definitely in a not-human way but it's just..I don't know what I'm saying but it's well done. Good job! :)
Hi'iaka chapter 10 . 8/19/2005
No! It's not over yet, is it? Continue? Please?
Grunge Rocker chapter 9 . 8/19/2005
Maybe you could write somekind of sequel to pick this story up?

Maybe you could save John from utter destruction, somehow?

And BTW - you would be surprised at just how similar this is the actual story of Jesus Christ.
Grunge Rocker chapter 10 . 8/19/2005
Aw... this was such an interesting and attention-grabbing story. Why did you have to kill him off like that? You could have kept him alive and done something else with him. Now, we'll never know whether or not the gathering of the Unique robots will ever last or not. We'll also never see John become anything other than just scrap parts for some other robot. I really wish you would do something about this; It ends just a tad too tragically!
DragonLady chapter 7 . 8/17/2005
How does a robot know what "crazy" is?
Steve chapter 4 . 8/15/2005
Well written. Please continue.
DragonLady of Avalon chapter 4 . 8/14/2005
_ Very fascinating story. I kinda expected Planner to run into a human.
Cirex chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Hello,

I liked this first chapter. It was pretty interesting, how Planner is curious about origins and colourful things, so to speak, when none of his peers think they matter.

I spotted absolutely no typos or gramattical errors (that I know of) so good job there. There was one time where Planner used a contraction though(most of your robots don't seem to use those).

Anyway, good job! Hope you continue.
Arkash chapter 1 . 8/4/2005
Hey,

This is an interesting piece. Maybe Planner is evolving?

Good job! *_*