Reviews for So Much to Learn
3rd Bookworm chapter 10 . 11/12/2012
All that and the awful, incredibley gorgeous heels!
Love this story.
EmmBee95 chapter 3 . 11/8/2012
You have exellent writing skills- it seems so realistic. The first paragraph of this chapter, I'm at loss for words to describe how brilliant you are in representing your characters.
displacedfemale chapter 33 . 10/31/2012
So I loved this so much! I wouldve reviewed every chapter but didn't think you'd appreciate getting 33 notifications over the course of 2 days.

I loved the idea of this piece but worried that it'd be one of those 'smooth sailing' fics but very much true to reality the muck hit the fan in a big way and it took some working out to get everyone to a happy place.

I was kinda worried for a minute there that Jack was gonna go off to the UK leaving everything up in the air with Tally, I'm glad you decided not to have her follow him over here to England, I feel it would've taken some of the realism away from the fic.

Oh and I certainly didn't see the whole Sam being gay thing coming, I was attributing the fallout to both guys being interested in Simone, I like that you broached that subject and I think you did a really good job, touching on the stereotyping and the difficulties of having someone close to you admit they're gay, without being offensive or insensitive.

Oh and since you mentioned pash rash somewhere around the middleish I think it was, I've been trying to think of an English equivalent and I don't think I've ever heard of one, either its too cold for it to have a visible effect or folk just haven't ever picked up on it to the extent that it needed naming.

I really loved this and can't wait to read some of your other work!
F.H.W chapter 32 . 10/24/2012
Wow... This story blew me away.. Its not like those dramatic stories where cliches are just... So cliched. This one actually has a big dose of reality.

I was expecting the usual car accident or drunken rape thing to happen to Natalia after Matt and Jack fought but it didnt come. That was a good thing though:) too much cliche is bad for you:)

Your characters turned out very realistic. I'm curious, did you base these people on yourself or a friend? They were portrayed really imperfectly. Natalia is really insecure, judgemental and selfish but i can understand where she's coming from. And through the story, she really grew up.

This story was really a wondrous read and the ending was soooooo touching :') Thank you for writing this story:)
whatthegreencarrot chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
[He lifted his eyebrows unbelievingly. "I bet not many of those sycophants we share that lecture with would have helped me out. I'm Adam by the way."] I think that disbelievingly might sound better, although either option could be used.

["Hey man is it 11 already?" Adam asked, seeing Micky too but not seeming to notice that Micky and I were glaring daggers at each other. Or maybe he did notice but wisely decided not to mention it.]
Comma after "hey" and "man." The "Or maybe he did notice but wisely decided not to mention it" might sound better as "Or maybe he had noticed, but had wisely decided not to mention it."

["No." Said Micky curtly. "It's 11:30, the band has been waiting near the fountain." He paused significantly then added, "You know, where we agreed to meet."]
The "s" in "said" shouldn't be capitalized, and the period after "no" should be a comma.

["Oh you were pretty good, apart from some crappy guitar playing." I added glaring at Michael who, as my slight sunk in, looked like he was going to sock me one.] comma after "oh."

["Adam we better go." He growled starting to move towards the door but Adam hung back.] comma after the first "Adam" and a comma after "but." Sorry, I'm a real comma freak... Ha.

[After glancing past him to where Micky was glowering at me I smiled prettily up at Adam and said sweetly: "Yeah, maybe I'll see you there. Thanks for the smoothie."] comma after "glowering at me."

Ah, well, I suppose the trick is to just insert commas like crazy. I'm betting that one out of three times, the comma placement will be right if you throw commas everywhere... LOL. Good chapter, though. There were a few more paragraphs with commas missing, but it's late, so here's a goodbye.
DragonFaeLynn chapter 33 . 10/13/2012
Some of these chapters actually got me to tear up a bit. Favorite one yet! Hope you're writing another one. I'm definitely keeping tabs on updates! :)
Nilora chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story and want to thank you for sharing it.

The voice you use in the beginning left me jealous (because I'm not able to write that good even if I've tried) and relly impressed since it was so perfect for hooking me and making me see Talia as a friend whitin a chapter or two. I still don't know if you changed Talia's voice through the story or if I just get used to it.

Anyhow; thanks for sharing your story and entertaining me!
findingneverland chapter 33 . 10/9/2012
Hello Jess,
My name is Ruth. I'm 17.
I stumbled across your story on another site - Wattpad - because some girl on there was having her merry time plagiarizing stories she found here on fictionpress and had uploaded the first 6 to 7 chapters of your book over on her wall... she's since been reported, her profile removed, and some dear soul took pity on me and sent me scurrying over here to finish off reading the rest of your [insert the most complimentary, admiring adjectives you can think of, and then times them by a billion, and mere words like, BRILLIANT, INCREDIBLE, AMAZING, MIND-BLOWING, and SPECTACULAR will still fall short] story... I've only just finished and only now has my heart stopped racing.

I wish I could put this all simply so I don't come off as entirely moronic - or at least pathetic, writing a review the length of a novel - but I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself. This was seriously THAT good.

I've read hundreds upon hundreds of books in my lifetime and have amassed a small, ever-increasing apathy towards poorly written ones, ones with no plot, one relying too heavily on clichés, ones with under-developed characters, and so on and so forth. I'm a bit of a writer myself (hard to say that without a bit of derision since it sounds pretentious, so I'll just go for, I write. I love it. Can't say I'm much good at it but I've been studying, I've been soaking up, I've been reading, I've been trying. I expect I'll improve with time) so studying the successes and mistakes of fellow thrivers has been interesting and in the past few months, I've picked up on so much, I'm fairly bursting with it all. Developing characters, establishing symbolism and thematic elements, creating a fairly intriguing plot, avoiding clichés, and so, so much more. I've tried my hand at a romantic story- was passable, nothing special, very cliché, redundant under-developed characters, SO unrealistic that I laugh when I read it over. The results weren't pretty but they weren't hideous - I'm not THAT self-defacing, lol. ANYWAY - my point with *that monologue (I'm not usually this much of a ranter...) was, I've had my fair share of stories, have finally begun developing opinions about them, discerning between the good, the great and the bad, and you, my dear, have decidedly fallen into the GREAT slot.

Wattpad's 14 year old Justin Bieliebers, One Directioners, and the like, have brought startling new meanings to the word cliché, and I tend to want to bawl when I think of the direction today's literature is heading. Nevertheless, I've stumbled on a few good stories, enjoyed them, learned what I could from them, and walked away, somewhat wiser. I've stomached the redundancy, the predictability, the sheer BORING-ness, and still tried to find the silver lining. A love story about big brother's best friend? I thought, well, alright, it'll be interesting to see how this writer tries to bring some originality to a fairly old love story cliché (of course, you wrote this a bit before Wattpad so this probably wasn't as cliché five years ago as it is today) but ... I've never been more stunned. Or pleasantly surprised. It's so amazingly done, it hardly seems cliché at ALL. It isn't, actually. Just the bare-faced concept of it but you wrote it so well, you did away with the idea within the first 3 chapters...

Character development. A simple concept. But something you've grasped so firmly, so decisively, and executed so PERFECTLY, that I am STILL in awe. One of my favorite aspects of the story too, mind you. It was like they were REAL, breathing creatures, staring up at me from a black and white computer screen. The plot too... Oh gosh, now that I've finally got on with reviewing the book and my brain fails me for words. I'm speechless - besides the fact that I've found words to tell you I'm speechless lmao - and somewhat giddy. I truly loved this book. In every way. It's been a while since I've been so entirely sucked in - actually, I told my sisters today, "I don't think I've EVER been this sucked into a story," and they gave me skeptical looks because my [unnatural, by their definition] obsession with books has always been a bit of case of notoriety for me. So for me to make that declaration - big thing here, people. I just finished One Day by David Nicholls... I thought it brilliant, I loved it, it was clever, and written amazingly - still. It didn't suck me in like this.

Dang it, this long wordy thing and I can't even find the words to express how amazing I think it is, what a talent you have, how much I wish this were published so I could treasure it on my bookshelf beside my worn, dog-eared classics. Each character was developed so wonderfully - so consistent! (I CAN'T get over this apparently lmao... so many stories today seem to lack this - this elusive, glorious concept of character development... Ugh, it infuriates me... and alright, I'm done) It was so much more than a love story: it was a story of friendship, of sibling-hood (executed marvelously, btw), of loyalty, of moving on, of growing up. This book BREATHES... I had to TEAR myself away when called on for chores (at my age too - pshh!) and it was almost painful to leave off for as few as five minutes. When the secrets began unraveling, my heart was POUNDING. That hasn't happened in ages! lmao. Usually, I get the idea, like "well, alright, this is meant to be suspenseful... let's just wait for the totally predictable plot twist to come along and oh! gasp. There it is...") It was painful, it was real, it was tangible, the emotions... And when he said "I told him I love you"? I nearly burst into tears ... and that, again, hasn't happened in ages. I rarely get so emotionally tied into a story these days (another sad fact - one I'm constantly trying to remedy)

Anyway. In trying to explain how I don't have words to explain, I sort of did explain, but naturally, I don't feel like I've done this book, these characters (who I'm literally going to miss, like old friends!), even you, justice but words have never seemed so *mere* lol (if that makes sense) I'll just say this... don't ever change. Don't ever stop writing. Don't ever do away with this book (seriously. If you randomly decide to take it down or scrap it, I think I will literally cry) Don't ever think this book isn't wonderful. It is. One of those books that you wish you could go back and discover all over again, just so you can feel those first thrills, those first wonders, those first rushes of giddiness. Your characters were my favorite parts, and I don't shy from saying that Jack was by far my favorite - for obvious reasons. I have a thing about serious, mature, sensitive guys with messed up pasts. But it was more than blind infatuation (think Twilight - yes, back in the 14 year old days, I was a twi-hard) It was a literal *liking of Jake's character, of Talia's, of Matt's. Their chemistry and camaraderie. I wanted to float through the computer screen and plop down on their couch, just so I be a part of them. For all of Talia's flubs, occasional idiocy, selfishness, and strange affinity for buggering everything up (not entirely her fault, but you know. You sometimes want to smack her, sometimes hug her - that just about sums it up) I still loved her, still wanted to weep with her over the dissolution of everything, still wanted to leap for joy when Jake heard her out and decided to forgive her. It made me feel so much and even, made me happy. For once, I wasn't wishing "Oh, I want this to happen to me," I was living the story. And I loved every second - even the painful ones.

So there. I've tried summing it up. Don't know if I've succeeded. I don't want to walk away from this page, this story, but at the same time, I have to try and sort out how I'm going to gain access back into the real world. Sort of feel like I'm out here in space and now I have to make my slow, relentless descent back to earth. *sigh*

Now all that's left is thankfulness. Thank you for writing this book, for sharing this story. It was wonderful. I wish I could read it again and again and again. For once, I have nothing critical to say, no bit of advice to pass on. It really was perfect, every angle you can think of, you conquered. It has officially won its place in top five best books I've ever read. Maybe even top three. (Though funnily enough, every book I've ever read, ever described as perfect, is nowhere to be found in my clouded fuzzed out brain, so I'm going to say it is in my Top Two Favorite Romance Books of All Time. There. That's a feat, eh? ;)

I'm done now. If the length of this epistle has bordered on ridiculousness, I apologize. Again finding words... wasn't easy.
Goodbye for now. I'm going to see if you have any other stories that I can lose myself in.

Your newest-greatest fan,
Ruth
Ranmyaku no Tenshi chapter 16 . 10/6/2012
pash rash stubble burn in the US (or at least in the pacific northwest)
missyb1988 chapter 33 . 10/4/2012
Fantastic read, amazing job with the characters and the story line. I felt the chapters were abit long but thats nothing, I really liked it and you've got a great imagination, you kept me guessing with the simone sam and mickey thing which was good :)
Fallen Midnight Angel chapter 23 . 9/30/2012
OH GOD! Micky IS pregnant!
Fallen Midnight Angel chapter 20 . 9/30/2012
MICKY'S PREGNANT! :3
cherelleallen.17 chapter 33 . 9/24/2012
I really enjoyed reading this story over the past 2 days. It was really engaging. You developed the characters well and I could feel myself emotionally attach to them whilst reading. I was moved by the epilogue. I was strangely glad that the hadn't lived the happy ever after from where the last chapter left of but that they had managed to build something together after their own ups and downs. I enjoyed it so much that this is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review and say 'Thank You!'.
This.Sophisticated.Name chapter 13 . 9/16/2012
So, I am an American. :D yayyy go freedom! jk
And I want to confirm stereotypes.
1. Do all hot Australian guys talk like Hugh Jackman in the movie Australia.
2. Do you guys drink tea like we drink energy drinks and Mcdonald's frappes?
3. Do you think we all talk like rednecks and gangstas?
And just for fun, what tv shows do you guys watch?
oooo this is soo much fun.
btw, I love your story.
G4M3R chapter 11 . 9/10/2012
That Haley had intruded their finest moment! I was really hoping they would kiss. Even just once before she intrudes. Shoot!
3,002 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »