Reviews for The Taste of Mediocrity
FoRd PrEfEcT13 chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Wish this could've gone longer, but you don't wanna add what you don't I could've said more, but that's all I have to say.
Shigan chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
I didn't even know that I had a fictionpress account XD. Now, lets get to the ego-stroking thing you mentioned (I dare not to ask what else it is that needs stroking O_o).

Firstly, it could be my imagination but I do think your language is a bit more graphical this time. Mind you, it's not on par with Kirika's 'Red and Black' but its definetly a bit more descriptive than your work on Noir, which was nice. Very so. Especially considering the content of this piece of writing. To make medicrity seem a interesting read, you sure need to work the other parts of the writing.

You wanted to give the reader a true image of mediocrity (didnt you? ), and yes, you really succeeded depressively well. So well actually that I'm not sure of what kind of praise I should give this, since you did strike your point home but I'm not sure of if it makes anyone happier ;.

The main character really fits the image of your perfect average loser, a guy who has given up without even trying the slightest, not because life has treated him unkindly or because he is in a slump. He simply is what he is, someone who is such a perfect incarnation of the word apathy that you want to tear out your hair and scream. We love our maincharacters to be action-brewing studs or heroes still in the growing period, reading about a maincharacter such as this strikes a bad chord since it's rather provocative, it reminds us all a bit to much of everyday-life or a certain period of our lives.

To sum it all up, I really do like it. It was as depressive and provocative as I think you intended it to be. The imagity flowed well and was not over-flowered which is the way I think you should keep it, it's your turf.

End of Stroking

:D Hope you had a good summer, I havent had time to write a lot since I'm preparing for a year-long stay in China as a part of my education, lots of paper to fill, shots to take and... really a lot of bruahaha I never imagined.

Have it good now, you'll be the first to know when I've typer up another one
Monev11235 chapter 1 . 8/6/2005