Reviews for Guide For Fictionpress Reviews
ScarletBlaze chapter 5 . 3/5
Thank you for this. I made my account on fictionpress years ago but never found the time to actually be active on this site. I didn't know the common courtesy of reviews as well so your guideline is a huge eye-opener for me. Thank you again.
carlalegre chapter 5 . 12/13/2013
Thank you so very much for this. I feel as though, lately, I've been getting a shortage of reviews and I've been going crazy, thinking to myself, "Does my story really suck that much?" It's getting views, yes, but NO ONE is reviewing. It's disillusioning.
I've been writing reviews to other stories, and I'll admit, sometimes even doing the "P.S. I'd appreciate it if you could review my story," act, as well. But not much seems to be getting through.
Another thing I tend to do is COMPARE. I know, I shouldn't. I see other stories that have around seven chapters but sixty-something reviews while mine has twenty chapters and only thirty.
Whatever their methods, I WANT THEM.

Again, thanks for writing this. It was really helpful and opened my eyes to what I can change when seeking reviews. I'll definitely be focusing on doing R/R. Another thing that stood out to me was your post about characters. About how, if they're too "perfect", a lot of people will hate them. I completely agree but, the thing is, we're all so conditioned to believing that the greatest love stories happen to the beautiful people. It's all around us. In the shows we watch, the novels we read, etc. Maybe it's something we have to get over personally before we can have it reflect on our work. If that makes sense at all… .
Imaginative48 chapter 5 . 11/12/2013
I have read it, and I have to say you really helped me out a lot. I'll now try to improve on my current story. Thanks though! :)
ayezlafoi chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
This was extremely useful. I'm new to FictionPress and looking for CC, as you call it, to help me with my work, and even if I deny it, the occasional bout of praise... :-D
Your advice is structured, relevant, and addresses issues that I didn't even know existed. I just want to say that I'm walking away from this wiser and very, very grateful. This truly does mark a change in my progress - a boost, a reform. Thank you, genuinely. You cannot possibly know the effect this has had.
God, that sounds cheesy. But it's all true. :-D
Admiral Bangle chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
I liked your story! Full of dragons and baby ninjas. It was great. I totally read it. This is a story right? Anyway can you review me now? Thanks in advance. I care nothing about this in reality. Bye!
maxiluc4ever chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
Wow, I really appreciate this guide. I was hopping back and forth between this and my other story, trying to catch what I was doing right and wrong. It was very helpful and made me see some of the things I'm going to have to change. I know this was posted in '05 but I hope you get this review. If you do, then again, great job with this. If you're still around, I would like to get some feedback/criticism on some of my writing. I'll PM you my email address.
Blue-Eyed Draconai chapter 5 . 3/11/2013
Thank you for posting this! I'm new to fictionpress so I found this really useful. Thanks again!
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 5 . 1/23/2013
Princess Adeline Ng chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
Hey, this was pretty good! And please review on my stories! CC and flames... sure! :)

-Princess Adeline
cascaded chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
I know it's been seven years since this was posted but I tho
dessie1021 chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
Ahhh! I messed up a rule. I was updating so fast (because it was already pre-written) that I got most of my chapters on and only have two reviews! This whole essay or story really made sense. I agreed on a lot of it too especially on the reviewing thing. I am definitely going to review better this time. And I am going to look for more stories.

ColorCrayons said that I could ask for a review. Well then, I shall ask. Please review my story Angel On Earth? I will most likely return the favor. Remember I need it, and you need it too.
Linq chapter 5 . 8/4/2012
I thought this was great! It's even made me realise that I need to probably fix a thing or two on my current story. Thank goodness I haven't actually posted the majority of the chapters, yet!

Anyway, I'm going to thank you for actually posting something like this for me to find on the internet! It has actually helped me out a lot. I even found it pretty humourous.

But wow, this was published in 2005? I bet you're wondering how the hell I found it, hey? Hahah!
PolarPurple chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
Ah— thank you so much for the tips! Very useful, since I'm writing a story for fictionpress. Once again, thank you! :)
Escaping November chapter 5 . 7/7/2012
Hello, there!
So, I don't know if you even read reviews posted for this story anymore (assuming from when this was created, of course) but if you do, I just wanted to say: wow.
This actually really - and I stress the word - really helped me! Now, I haven't posted or written anything for this site yet, so before I try, I wanted to get a good idea on how to be at least the slightest bit successful about it.
At first, I didn't think that I would read your whole guide - not because of anything at all that concern's you and your writing style, but because of how I get bored so easily while not reading *coughromancecough* stories. Contrary to my belief, though, I read the whole thing, and even some parts twice. I even stopped my Netflix movie to finish it, which is rare for me to do *rolls eyes*
One part that caught my attention about your guide the most, though, was the "Reviewing" portion of it. I mean, I know that reviewing other people's stories is good, and some people appreciate it greatly (you should see how much I squeal whenever I get review replies on stories that I've commented on, just because it makes me happy to see that *I've* made the authors happy) but I had never actually *thought* about it the way that you described. It's as simple as you said: reviewing helps get your name out there.
Oh, and don't get me wrong, I am *NOT* going to review other authors' stories just to get my own commented on - definitely not! Besides, I don't think that I could do that. If I'm not interested in a story, then I can't read it. Plain and simple.
Another thing that you explained in this section is about the characters. It wasn't a big part of this chapter, but it was still there. I always knew (and was told) that keeping characters in their personalities was a must, but I never thought about the ages. As you said, a nineteen-year-old cannot act like a thirteen-year-old, which was something that I had never thought about, yet considered. Good thinking!
About constructive criticism: nothing. There was *nothing* that I saw wrong with this story (guide?). You are AMAZING! No amount of upper-case letters can stress that. Oh, and your tips about criticism have been stored away in my brain, hopefully to keep forever.
I don't really have much more to say, besides how I never knew one of the facts that you gave about the ellipse, which was about how when after a sentence, it would be an ellipse plus a period. I thought that it was only three!
*takes deep breath*
If you made it this far, I am impressed. I know that I can be boring sometimes, and that this was a mouthful (the longest review that I have ever given) but I'm very happy if you did read all of this.
You are a very amazing, very TALENTED writer, and I hope that you realize that.
Bonne chance with your stories, if you're still writing away somewhere - which reminds me that on the last chapter that you said that you had a different pen name now? Is it on your bio? *goes to check*
Anyway, I have probably typed enough, my neck aches horribly, my cat is way too hot to be on my lap with all of his fur, and my Netflix movie has now timed out. With that said, giving this review had been worth my time. :)
You are an inspiration.
HelenHywater chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
Oh my god, thank you so much for putting the bit about dialog and ellipses. It frustrates me how often I see them misused.
113 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »