Reviews for Guide For Fictionpress Reviews
THLinSD chapter 5 . 5/10
You know, I don't believe you need to be so apologetic for what you've written in these chapters. You did a great job at it, and it didn't sound pushy in any way to my ear/eye. I think it was well done.

Your point about giving reviews in order to obtain them was a well taken. I'll be sure to review more.

Your emphasis on editing and alpha reading could not have been more well placed. Encouragement is something I'm always big on offering up, even if a story stinks. That said, nothing screams at me more loudly than a couple of misspelled words and some sloppy grammar in the first couple of paragraphs. It seems to me that fresh authors need to hear about those pretty clearly.

In all a great job. I for one appreciate the time you and your unindicted co-conspirator put into it. Well done.

THLinSD
BritIsBoss chapter 5 . 10/25/2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and post this. I truly found it helpful.
ScarletBlaze chapter 5 . 3/5/2014
Thank you for this. I made my account on fictionpress years ago but never found the time to actually be active on this site. I didn't know the common courtesy of reviews as well so your guideline is a huge eye-opener for me. Thank you again.
carlalegre chapter 5 . 12/13/2013
Thank you so very much for this. I feel as though, lately, I've been getting a shortage of reviews and I've been going crazy, thinking to myself, "Does my story really suck that much?" It's getting views, yes, but NO ONE is reviewing. It's disillusioning.
I've been writing reviews to other stories, and I'll admit, sometimes even doing the "P.S. I'd appreciate it if you could review my story," act, as well. But not much seems to be getting through.
Another thing I tend to do is COMPARE. I know, I shouldn't. I see other stories that have around seven chapters but sixty-something reviews while mine has twenty chapters and only thirty.
Whatever their methods, I WANT THEM.

Again, thanks for writing this. It was really helpful and opened my eyes to what I can change when seeking reviews. I'll definitely be focusing on doing R/R. Another thing that stood out to me was your post about characters. About how, if they're too "perfect", a lot of people will hate them. I completely agree but, the thing is, we're all so conditioned to believing that the greatest love stories happen to the beautiful people. It's all around us. In the shows we watch, the novels we read, etc. Maybe it's something we have to get over personally before we can have it reflect on our work. If that makes sense at all… .
Imaginative48 chapter 5 . 11/12/2013
I have read it, and I have to say you really helped me out a lot. I'll now try to improve on my current story. Thanks though! :)
ayezlafoi chapter 5 . 6/28/2013
This was extremely useful. I'm new to FictionPress and looking for CC, as you call it, to help me with my work, and even if I deny it, the occasional bout of praise... :-D
Your advice is structured, relevant, and addresses issues that I didn't even know existed. I just want to say that I'm walking away from this wiser and very, very grateful. This truly does mark a change in my progress - a boost, a reform. Thank you, genuinely. You cannot possibly know the effect this has had.
God, that sounds cheesy. But it's all true. :-D
Admiral Bangle chapter 5 . 4/26/2013
I liked your story! Full of dragons and baby ninjas. It was great. I totally read it. This is a story right? Anyway can you review me now? Thanks in advance. I care nothing about this in reality. Bye!
maxiluc4ever chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
Wow, I really appreciate this guide. I was hopping back and forth between this and my other story, trying to catch what I was doing right and wrong. It was very helpful and made me see some of the things I'm going to have to change. I know this was posted in '05 but I hope you get this review. If you do, then again, great job with this. If you're still around, I would like to get some feedback/criticism on some of my writing. I'll PM you my email address.
Blue-Eyed Draconai chapter 5 . 3/11/2013
Thank you for posting this! I'm new to fictionpress so I found this really useful. Thanks again!
Harmony'sLoveHP chapter 5 . 1/23/2013
Princess Adeline Ng chapter 2 . 12/8/2012
Hey, this was pretty good! And please review on my stories! CC and flames... sure! :)

-Princess Adeline
cascaded chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
I know it's been seven years since this was posted but I tho
dessie1021 chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
Ahhh! I messed up a rule. I was updating so fast (because it was already pre-written) that I got most of my chapters on and only have two reviews! This whole essay or story really made sense. I agreed on a lot of it too especially on the reviewing thing. I am definitely going to review better this time. And I am going to look for more stories.

ColorCrayons said that I could ask for a review. Well then, I shall ask. Please review my story Angel On Earth? I will most likely return the favor. Remember I need it, and you need it too.
Linq chapter 5 . 8/4/2012
I thought this was great! It's even made me realise that I need to probably fix a thing or two on my current story. Thank goodness I haven't actually posted the majority of the chapters, yet!

Anyway, I'm going to thank you for actually posting something like this for me to find on the internet! It has actually helped me out a lot. I even found it pretty humourous.

But wow, this was published in 2005? I bet you're wondering how the hell I found it, hey? Hahah!
PolarPurple chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
Ah— thank you so much for the tips! Very useful, since I'm writing a story for fictionpress. Once again, thank you! :)
115 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »