Reviews for Guide For Fictionpress Reviews
cascaded chapter 5 . 10/19/2012
I know it's been seven years since this was posted but I tho
dessie1021 chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
Ahhh! I messed up a rule. I was updating so fast (because it was already pre-written) that I got most of my chapters on and only have two reviews! This whole essay or story really made sense. I agreed on a lot of it too especially on the reviewing thing. I am definitely going to review better this time. And I am going to look for more stories.

ColorCrayons said that I could ask for a review. Well then, I shall ask. Please review my story Angel On Earth? I will most likely return the favor. Remember I need it, and you need it too.
Linq chapter 5 . 8/4/2012
I thought this was great! It's even made me realise that I need to probably fix a thing or two on my current story. Thank goodness I haven't actually posted the majority of the chapters, yet!

Anyway, I'm going to thank you for actually posting something like this for me to find on the internet! It has actually helped me out a lot. I even found it pretty humourous.

But wow, this was published in 2005? I bet you're wondering how the hell I found it, hey? Hahah!
PolarPurple chapter 5 . 7/9/2012
Ah— thank you so much for the tips! Very useful, since I'm writing a story for fictionpress. Once again, thank you! :)
Escaping November chapter 5 . 7/7/2012
Hello, there!
So, I don't know if you even read reviews posted for this story anymore (assuming from when this was created, of course) but if you do, I just wanted to say: wow.
This actually really - and I stress the word - really helped me! Now, I haven't posted or written anything for this site yet, so before I try, I wanted to get a good idea on how to be at least the slightest bit successful about it.
At first, I didn't think that I would read your whole guide - not because of anything at all that concern's you and your writing style, but because of how I get bored so easily while not reading *coughromancecough* stories. Contrary to my belief, though, I read the whole thing, and even some parts twice. I even stopped my Netflix movie to finish it, which is rare for me to do *rolls eyes*
One part that caught my attention about your guide the most, though, was the "Reviewing" portion of it. I mean, I know that reviewing other people's stories is good, and some people appreciate it greatly (you should see how much I squeal whenever I get review replies on stories that I've commented on, just because it makes me happy to see that *I've* made the authors happy) but I had never actually *thought* about it the way that you described. It's as simple as you said: reviewing helps get your name out there.
Oh, and don't get me wrong, I am *NOT* going to review other authors' stories just to get my own commented on - definitely not! Besides, I don't think that I could do that. If I'm not interested in a story, then I can't read it. Plain and simple.
Another thing that you explained in this section is about the characters. It wasn't a big part of this chapter, but it was still there. I always knew (and was told) that keeping characters in their personalities was a must, but I never thought about the ages. As you said, a nineteen-year-old cannot act like a thirteen-year-old, which was something that I had never thought about, yet considered. Good thinking!
About constructive criticism: nothing. There was *nothing* that I saw wrong with this story (guide?). You are AMAZING! No amount of upper-case letters can stress that. Oh, and your tips about criticism have been stored away in my brain, hopefully to keep forever.
I don't really have much more to say, besides how I never knew one of the facts that you gave about the ellipse, which was about how when after a sentence, it would be an ellipse plus a period. I thought that it was only three!
*takes deep breath*
If you made it this far, I am impressed. I know that I can be boring sometimes, and that this was a mouthful (the longest review that I have ever given) but I'm very happy if you did read all of this.
You are a very amazing, very TALENTED writer, and I hope that you realize that.
Bonne chance with your stories, if you're still writing away somewhere - which reminds me that on the last chapter that you said that you had a different pen name now? Is it on your bio? *goes to check*
Anyway, I have probably typed enough, my neck aches horribly, my cat is way too hot to be on my lap with all of his fur, and my Netflix movie has now timed out. With that said, giving this review had been worth my time. :)
You are an inspiration.
HelenHywater chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
Oh my god, thank you so much for putting the bit about dialog and ellipses. It frustrates me how often I see them misused.
Virtue21 chapter 3 . 5/26/2012
First of all I'd like to say that this helping.. guide/essay thing, really does make sense to me, and made me thing about my writing style and my heroines. And I totally agree with not making the characters perfect, becuase let's face it.. we aren't and if they are supposed to be "real" people, then they can't either. But what I really wanted to know was.. a couple of things actually.. first off; Do you still reply to your reviews on this profile? (Which I probably will know when you reply.. if you do:P) and then there's the real question. Would it be alright to write the summary of your story on your profile if it can't fit the space you're given? And please someone, tell me where I find that send an e-mail button? I'm a lost case here:D

Think that was about it all.. So.. I'msuchaweirdo says goodbye.. or see you
YFIQ chapter 3 . 4/21/2012
It's a great idea, once I have the time I will be sure to do so. Granted there are times when one would give out good number of reviews (most being constructive) only to learn the authors are inactive.

Guess it's also about the choice and timing as well.
vella223 chapter 5 . 3/3/2012
thank u s0 much! U helped me A Lot!
Exsomnis chapter 5 . 1/31/2012
Normally I don't read other peoples profiles unless I like their story and want to see if they have more good pieces.

I wasn't aware about some of the stuff you were talking about, like the part about "speak'D'speak" instead of "speak"D"speak" so that was very helpful. I've only posted one chapter of a story on fictionpress, I've written more on , but I'm constantly writing stories, and it is a learning process, so I'm glad I came across this.
ChaseTheSunset chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
Thank you SO MUCH for the help, I really needed it (In every possible way). The tips are awesome (:
Bookworm-At-Starbucks chapter 5 . 9/29/2011
Thanks, your ummm story? helped a lot. Though can I ask you, can I post up my chapter one immediately after my prologue or leave it there? Thanks!
BlackxValveteen chapter 5 . 1/10/2011
Hello!

you really know what you are talking about and i commend you on that. a question that hopefully you can answer: im fairly new to this site and ive posted a story. i went back and edited it on word,and now i want to make those changes on the actual document on fictionpress but im not sure how to. please help!

thanks

monique
HighOnBrokenWings chapter 5 . 12/31/2010
I found this really valuable, exceptionally good to read. I haven't been on FictionPress as diligently lately, and it's been a while since I was one of those awed out newbies, so I think I'd forgotten somethings, like how we should say something purely positive before giving critical advice, because, usually, if there's a story that I think has potential that isn't being pushed, then I launch straight into how I think that can be changed to help them. I don't know that people like that as much as flattery, and is probably why my returned review numbers are dwindling. Like you, I absolutely detest those reviews that say "Nice chapter, update soon" because it's pointless, and ultimately means nothing, how can you even tell they spent the time to read it? Incredibly frustrating, so I refuse to do that myself.

I really liked this as a guide, immensely helpful, especially for those who do not review very well, and wonder why no one reads their stories. In all relationships (even reader writer ones) I think you need give and take, 50/50, otherwise you're giving to much or being selfish.

I noticed three spelling mistakes...sorry to point it out, but it kind of made me (as sick as this is) laugh, because this whole thing was so thought out, intelligent, and professional :)
yuanyuan chapter 1 . 5/30/2010