Reviews for Guide For Fictionpress Reviews
Gracey London chapter 5 . 8/31/2005
This was definitely helpful. Thanks for writing it!I disagreed with some of the grammar tips in Chapter 2 (e.g. I generally write numbers larger than 10 in Arabic numerals, and, I'm not positive on this, but I think ellipses are always supposed to be just three dots (a professional writer had this up on her site). However, in general, I thought that most of the advice in chapters 2-4 was very true and helpful.I would like to add one suggestion to your "Reviewing" page: It's a good idea to review writers who are new to fictionpress. For one thing, this is a nice thing to do. New writers aren't quite sure how fp works yet, and reviews-even one or two-mean a *lot* to them. They're generally the kind who refresh the page obsessive-compulsively to see if anything shows up. (No offense to you guys; I used to do it too. :) Besides being a good deed, reviewing newbies also tends to pay off. I find that in general, writers who are just starting out on fictionpress are more likely to respond to reviewers. They're eager to network, and they're likely to send you an email or a review in my two again for writing this-I enjoyed reading through it, and will definitely be on the lookout for a copy of "The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Creative Writing".Yours,Gracey London
arachibutyrophobia chapter 2 . 8/23/2005
amen on the summary. alos, it's annoying to read, "i wrote this poem for my english class and my teacher really liked it. please R&R."

great guide so far!
Sally-andersonn chapter 3 . 8/23/2005
opsie. I made some mistakes. I would follow your advice and say,' that was really good and informative but is it kind of ranting.'
Sally-andersonn chapter 2 . 8/23/2005
yay! i'm starting to love you!
Cirex chapter 4 . 8/22/2005
Well I was just chewing this up, it's really interesting, but I had to review now. I agree with the vast majority of your points, they'll all excellently put, and saw many things that you warned me about when you were reviewing my story (ellipses, double punct., and so on). So that was kinda neat. :)

Hmm, what else can I say? Very thorough guide. I especially liked your attitude towards including encouragement with the CC, and how flames don't have a place on FP. Some of your tips on writing a good story got me to thinking too. Some of my characters may need a look (their flaws don't come in too much).

Great work. :)
Sheryl chapter 5 . 8/22/2005
hey! This was very helpful, indeed. I have bad grammar myself, and already knew some of the points described on how to fix that, (get someone else to or reread till your satisfied) but i still miss some things int he end. i'll be sure to read more carefully this time.

I also realise how important reviews are, i always tried to give some sort of comment on the works, but now im hoping to be more helpful to the writer when i review, thanks for that _.

you two are very lucky, its hard to work as a team sometimes but you two seem to be able to create wonderful works when combining your talents of writing and...grammar editing lol.

thanks for the help on common grammar mistakes, ill have to add this to my fav reads, so i can come back and see what i might have missed in my own stories.

thanks for taking the time to help writers like me _

Pheobe Meryll chapter 5 . 8/16/2005
I appreciate how nicely this was got your point across without ever making the reader feel deficiant or embaressed. Thank you. I especially like your review chapter...I try to follow that guide myself. I'm not sure I'm square on you with bio's but otherwise I agree with you.

Well, you said I could ask, so...if you are interested in my short stories (notice: NOT my poems) please hop on over! I would savor your critique. _ And thanks!
Theory Of The 4th Dimension chapter 5 . 8/16/2005
Hey, this was quite a very informative artice. I feel my brain cells supercharging already! Though I want to ask if it is ethical to re-post your story again and again, if for some reason you can't get any reviews on it. and when you do (pardon me hypocrisy), it usually sucks. Well, that's all I can say about it. i'm gonn add this information to my favorites for a reminder._
Medieval Fantasy Freak chapter 5 . 8/13/2005
Hello! Remember me, your loyal reader from Passion in the Depths? I'll have to admit, I am not the best writer in the world, in fact, I only write because I tend to get bored, and reading this made me think. Maybe if I actually tried on my stories, they'd be better and get more reviews! So, this is a big compliment. You can go to sleep tonight, knowing that you've helped me, along with others, with this little story/essasy/or whatever it is. Ta ta for now!
eternalversifier chapter 5 . 8/12/2005
_ This really helped me out a bit and gave me some great writing tips. Actually you guys have done a lot to help me out with my stories so Thanks a lot! Lol, most people brush me off saying: "Fifteen year olds don't write decent stories." But I'll quit rambling. I hope to hear from you soon!

Neaera chapter 3 . 8/12/2005
"Now, there is a difference between a “flame” and “harsh criticism.” Allow me to explain:..." wow that's really weird.. I put the same difference thing in my pro a while ago.. lol. But anyway- This is very helpful. Not just to get reviews, but in a sense of of improving in all aspects, from your own writting to 'your reader here reviewing another person and actually helping them'. I know that I'm not very helpful when I review, but I'll try... I'm I doing any better? lol. This was a great idea, since you both are so talented in writting, and don't deny! Give yourself some credit cuz you guys rock ;o)
whyette chapter 4 . 8/11/2005
Seriously, I love you.

Anyway, enough with random praising. I found a reason why old users of this site should read this as well. I just found something that I could improve as well! _ Well, I know there's more than just that, as well, but something really stuck out for me this time.

whyette chapter 3 . 8/11/2005
You are a wonderful, wonderful person. Seriously, I get so sick of: "I Loved it! -_" I'm glad they enjoyed my story, but I would like to know what they didn't like more than what they did...

Thank you again for writing this!

whyette chapter 2 . 8/11/2005
Very interesting... I'm glad someone actually put something like this up. I would petition for the new users to have to read this or something... that would be wonderful!

This is really cool! You cover a lot of the stuff that not everyone knows about, but is a good review, even if they do know it.

TigHan chapter 3 . 8/11/2005
I've only read up to chapter two, but I so far like what I see. It's also an interesting idea to post something like this, kudos to you for coming up with the idea... keeping in mind I've only read up to chapter 2, I think a lot of what you've included is just basic common sense and grammar rules so it hasn't helped me much so far, but I'm still going to read the rest of the guide. Hey, at least you're helping others out there. I know we all have problems with grammar at times. Thanks for the guide.
116 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »