Reviews for Guide For Fictionpress Reviews
whyette chapter 3 . 8/11/2005
You are a wonderful, wonderful person. Seriously, I get so sick of: "I Loved it! -_" I'm glad they enjoyed my story, but I would like to know what they didn't like more than what they did...

Thank you again for writing this!

-Whyette
whyette chapter 2 . 8/11/2005
Very interesting... I'm glad someone actually put something like this up. I would petition for the new users to have to read this or something... that would be wonderful!

This is really cool! You cover a lot of the stuff that not everyone knows about, but is a good review, even if they do know it.

-Whyette
TigHan chapter 3 . 8/11/2005
I've only read up to chapter two, but I so far like what I see. It's also an interesting idea to post something like this, kudos to you for coming up with the idea... keeping in mind I've only read up to chapter 2, I think a lot of what you've included is just basic common sense and grammar rules so it hasn't helped me much so far, but I'm still going to read the rest of the guide. Hey, at least you're helping others out there. I know we all have problems with grammar at times. Thanks for the guide.
J.F.Jenkins chapter 5 . 8/10/2005
Hey Mack, good stuff on this essay.

I've read through all the cc you gave me and it's helped so far. Truthfully I hardly edit at all, using this site as more a writing exercise more than anything else (that and i'm lazy).

I've always been concerned if i'm catching the reader's attention, but it's hard because of the lack of reviews.

Honestly I disagree with your flaming point somewhat, at least that way you get to see where someone didn't like the way you approached a certain aspect of your story. Thanks again!

J.J
free-to-dream15 chapter 5 . 8/9/2005
Mack,I am very glad that you spent time and posted this guide. It will be able to help out many starting and experienced writers here on fiction press. I am going to try in some of your tips and hopefully it will help make my first story a lot better. Anyways, thank you so much for posting this!
ku chapter 5 . 8/9/2005
The whole controversy aspect plays a major role as well. Write something about homosexuals and you're bound to get review from those against and for it. If it were all about reviews Fictionpress would be like the media, filled with sex and such. But most people get satisfaction from just expressing themselves.
Chris Redfield chapter 1 . 8/8/2005
Dear Mack,

I am writing you this to explain an apparent misunderstanding that has taken place. However the issue at hand is very large and hard to explain.

The review you recieved from what was supposedly my pen name which read "dis sucks" was not written by me. In fact I had no idea this piece even existed until you sent me your email asking why I thought the way I did.

The is a user of this website who goes by the pen name "A Very Disappointing Author" who created their pen name to mock my other pen name "A Very DisappointED Author".

Recently I reviewed on of DisappointING Author's pieces under my pen name Chris Redfield. He did not like the review I gave him, so he proceeded to make a parody of my Resident Evil story. I reviewed that piece, and once again he did not like me review, so he has gone around posting anonymous reviews with my pen name and email address in them in order to make my reputation poorer, and eventually turn most authors here against me.

In fact, if you read some of the pieces I've written under the pen name A Very DisappointED Author, you will see that I am very much in favor of what your essay talks about.

So, I am here to apologize. I am sorry you had to be brought into this war that A Very DisappointING Author feels he needs to fight, and that for some reason he cannot be mature enough to handle his issues in a responsible manner, and instead must create these fake reviews to get people mad at me.

I just read your piece before reviewing this and I like it. Keep writing, and once again accept my apology.

Sincerely,The REAL chris redfield
Abigail Radle chapter 5 . 8/8/2005
This was educational...

Mostly because I broke the first cardinal rule (basically) when I posted the first 16 chapters of my story in the space of a week. *shudders* Oh well... I had my reasons for doing it. Namely far-flung family members who have been waiting YEARS to read the entirety of my story, and me being unwilling to kill a forest of trees just so they could.

At any rate, just wanted to say how much I appreciated this bit of informational assistance, and I plan on putting it to good use. :)
ColorCrayons chapter 4 . 8/8/2005
Rach - take a pill and knock yourself out for six hours, huh? Sounds like the base of a flame to me. Unless the pill is a sleeping pill and the author mentioned a problem with insomnia, then that's a flame. Especially if no review was done.

Aella88: Yeah, good point, I forgot to address short chapters. Those get can annoying, try to make your shortest chapter 3 normal pages long otherwise the reader is gonna be looking at a couple paragraphs then moving on.

sorry, I didnt feel like typing this out and then uploading the chapters and then reposting. this gets the idea across just as well.

~Mack
Rach chapter 5 . 8/8/2005
HI!. some interesting tips on reviews there. I do agree that reviewing does get your name out whether you're a member or not.

I feel it's important to keep reviewing a story with chapters in to let the writer know that you are still reading (I know that writers who replay to their readers have sometimes said that I was a faithful reviewer or called me sweetheart coz of me coming back)

oh on the difference between harsh advice or flames what about someone who advises the writer to take some pills and knock them themselves out for six hours.

anyway good work keep it up

see ya
Aella88 chapter 5 . 8/7/2005
Hm...That was actually very helpful. I agree with most of the information presented here. I also have to admit that I am probably guilty of several things written. Such as putting a ton of detail in my stories. Just a question however, you addressed too long of chapters. What about short chapters? What would be an okay length as to shortness? I was just wondering because I tend to write my stories first, and the typed length is ultimately shorter than the original length. Anyway, thanks for writing this, because I can always use more reviews.
Pont chapter 3 . 8/7/2005
I really like the advice you're giving us... wow, I feel like writing now! _

'why smolder their enthusiasm?' I think you meant 'smother' instead of 'smolder' _~ ~Ponteh
Pont chapter 5 . 8/7/2005
Hooray colorcrayons! Thanks. I'm going to go back to chappie 3 and pick out a misspelling you had, though :P so don't get /too/ comfy. Nicely done- definitely enlightening. Sorry I don't really have much CC on this one. I didn't really find anything to disagree with. ~Ponteh
Clodhopper chapter 1 . 8/7/2005
Hopefully this helps you guys, good luck! (Sorry, had to review it so we could get it on our favs for those reading our story.)

~Mack and Ty (the authors)
119 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8