Reviews for So I was Hit by a Car the Other Day
addicted to lit chapter 1 . 2/16
I've only gotten through this first chapter but I love it so far. Lucky is so great; he's witty & totally 3D. That whole part about his bank account killed me because who hasn't had those moments at least once?! Plus he's a 17 year old who helps his sister support him so it makes sense that his finances are a bit screwed up. Also his list on things that would be cool to have are all things that are totally cool to have! In high school, sophomore year especially, I wanted a soundtrack too. It's such a teenager-y thing to want; although I'm 25 now & I'd still like a soundtrack, haha. The bit between Linx & Lucky & Tiff with the racy magazines made me literally lol. So funny! I love the relationship they both have with him. I read your interview in which you were saying that this was too long & you have to cut back. I can see what you mean by that; this chapter was a bit wordy & it wasn't all that plot driven, but there's a lot of good stuff here! I can't wait to read chapter 2.
Eric chapter 61 . 1/28
Dude...fucking epic! well the genre said it was tragic, but mainly its just seems like a series of unlucky shit, that happened to a guy named lucky, Still fucking epic though
Lolitroy chapter 5 . 8/31/2013
Wha? You a woman? Then you have excellent skills to write as extremely unlucky run-over-by-vehicles people O_o"

I'd continue reading, but...
...stupid algebra dammit.

Well, 'til next time! It's been quite a read, so I'll be favoriting ;)
Lolitroy chapter 4 . 8/31/2013
Lucky's name soooo describes his everyday life.
Woof.
Lolitroy chapter 3 . 8/31/2013
Ah, Lucky. I haven't been hit by a car, but a bicycle is sort of like that, right?

Nah, it was funny. I laughed right from the start (because it sort of reminded me of zombie invasion school-thingies). However some paragraphs are looooooong and kinda take the humor away, so...

Still awesome though (*v*)b

Great first impressions on a girl huh?
Lolitroy chapter 2 . 8/31/2013
Nah, it isn't going fast at all.
BTW I'll make you reach 675 (made the math, 700 isn't possible even if I review every chapter, so...) review just because I feel like it. Not today, because just between you and me I'm kinda supposed to be doing algorithms, but meh.

I'll do it someday ;)
Character-based story, my favorite!

Lucky is certainly DA man -w-'
Lolitroy chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
Ah, lovely introduction and character you got here :3

The cuss words are a bit distracting, but aside from that it's awesome so far :D
Cracked me up somewhere in the middle and people stared weird at me (I'm reading this while in school, so yeah).

Lucky does sound interesting so far ;)
ladylovedove chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
I was wondering, if it isn't a bother, could you please check out my story on story/7674309-high-school
Buttersmash chapter 1 . 7/23/2013
Oh my goddd Lucky sounds so awesome! I got hooked witht his already!
KateMichelle54 chapter 61 . 7/20/2013
Hahahahaha, still laughing, this story was THAT awesome.
No, but really, you said a lot that you tried to defy expectaions, well at least for me, you suceeded! I love your style just because you are a good all around writer, but the charecters were realistic, and the pacing was done very well, and despite the whole Lucky has bad luck', this wasn't even sorta a cliche'.
It's sad that cricket and Lucky didn't end up together, but that also made it more realistic.
Love the story and I'll be sure to check out your others!
La La La chapter 61 . 7/12/2013
I loved this story. It is so unique and it kills cliches and burns them to shameful ashes. I love your plot twists and characters. The irony also went noticed
Guest chapter 61 . 7/12/2013
Genius. You are an absolute genius and I hope the world can see your work all published and worshipped. I must admit that the 61 chapters were a bit daunting in numbers, but I flew through them surprisingly fast. I enjoyed Lucky's humor and the story's general irony. Portraying a male mind as you did is also quite a feat.
I think my favorite part of this story was the com
Carol Martinez chapter 15 . 6/11/2013
Yippee! I actually envisioned Lucky and Tiffany to be Asian, at least with dark hair and dark eyes. I imagined Cricket with dark straight hair, and most Asians have black hair. I actually thought that Tomo looked like Tami in Another Cinderella Story, though. (I am Asian, so I do know that we, in general, do better with academics but people like Lucky don't. Ther are actually a few dumb Asians out there.)
brisingrrider chapter 61 . 6/9/2013
I would definitely buy this story for $2.99. I read this story in approximately three nights, give or take a few. Lucky's story is enthralling and captivating, and I look forward to rereading this over and over again :3.

-brisingr
CherryPie13 chapter 22 . 3/15/2013
YOU ARE SO FUNNY! (Just started reading your story a few days ago, thought I'd finally click that review button...) You have a gift for genuine writing (which is what I think you're going for, so congratulations!) And your characters are all a total success, I love them... Lucky comes off as real, with enough normalcy except also enough drama and fun to make me keep reading. And YES LET'S GET MORE LINX PLEASE! Hm, how else to praise you... well, I've only recently discovered fictionpress (yes, I'm a newbie, but give me some credit, I've been a fanfic addict for ages) but now I'm hooked here too, creds to you ;) THANKS FOR MAKING ME LAUGH K BYE ;)
654 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »