Reviews for Another Night's Thoughts
Edraith chapter 1 . 10/21/2007
Nicely expressed. I know these thoughts. Perhaps you are right that we would not "step outside the box" because of the uncertainty of what is outside, and only keep dreaming of what we cannot have. In any case a good, reflective poem.
Orual chapter 1 . 3/15/2007
I know what you mean about being a cliché. I love how eloquently and vividly you put it. I especially liked the "I stand," "I watch," "I smile," "I dream" progression flowed. Great work; I shall have to read more.
Getuie chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
There's quite a few things that came to mind through this piece.

I like the image of a safety net. You know, on the one hand I want to say that the challenge of life begin where the greatest rewards lie... and that's beyond the net. On the other hand, many take that to mean that they should live in ways that are unruly, reckless and downright stupid.

But yes... much to ponder about in this one.
Senorita Diabla chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
The couplet "I watch other people and envy their lawns" held a subtle sort of meaningful humor. It gained a smile from me, but at the same time contributed to the meaning of the poem. I like that, very nicely done.

In regards to the subject, I agree completely. People feel unique even when they spout out the same sort of thing everyone else is doing. It feels like a grand cliche. Very nicely put, short but worthwhile ].

I was reading through your profile for the first time in ages and found the comment about me... Once again, thanks loads, you're very generous _.

chochang913
Nathan Murray chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Hey. It's actually a good poem! I'm not saying this because nobody is ever fucking honest on fictionpress, or just because you gave me the first review in three or four months. It's not outstanding, but it's very sneakily constructed. I like the poem's use of a couple cliches to illustrate the point, as well as some ACTUAL ORIGINAL IDEAS IN POETRY ON FICTIONPRESS! Now I'm gonna check out the rest of your stuff and see if there are any masterpieces in there.
Infinity Plus One chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
I like your poetry I like your reviews you were kind to me thank you thank you I hope that you will be a happy person and that the Mindreaders will not haunt you.