Reviews for All You Once Knew is Lost
Sir Scott chapter 23 . 5/5/2007
I would just eat off the dirty dishes. L. Ron Hubbard is an interesting choice of authors to read. I would just start making pipe bombs and things to fight the zombies. I don't they would have a chance in the redneck part of the world I live in. It is weird that things like this can bring people together. I wonder how it will be before regular people decide to eat each other.

TruthThatHurts chapter 23 . 5/5/2007
Short but sweet.

Really cool how Gray has seemingly adopted Senon as a son or younger brother: watching after him, reading to him, etc. I'm actually torn between emotions for the characters; one half hoping they make it out of everything alright, and then there's my blood thirsty side that really needs no explanation as to what it wants. Morbid, I know, but I can't help it.

And the apartments, I would imagine that shooting would attract more than you could kill. I'm suprised rage didn't overcome Nash about the guy wasting ammo and he threw him out the window. Of course, that wouldn't really solve anything except that there'd be one less person to have to share food with.

All in all, yet another excellent chapter. Short but definitely sweet. And I understand what you mean. It's hard to write dark stuff when you're in such a happy mood. It's almost enough to put you in a dark mood and then you can write but then you're happy that you're dark and then you're no longer dark...it's a vicious cycle. But even in a good mood, the other chapters are more than enough to keep the atmosphere of the story.

Oh, and I didn't notice any spelling errors. Most I found was one grammatical thing about a missing comma but it's nothing big (plus, grammar has never been an easy subject for me so I could be wrong).

Keep up the most excellent work.

TruthThatHurts chapter 22 . 4/25/2007
Yet another great chapter. Nothing like getting down and scientific to make everything just that much more realistic. And what a way to get the scientists motivated. Question is, is it a bluff or is one of them actually infected? Cue dramatic and suspencful music!

Can't wait for the next chapter. And what of the people in the apartment building? What will come of them? Keep up the excellent story...I'm learning great balance by sitting on the edge of my seat.

Also, sorry for the lack of reviews...crazy life and it's interferances. You keep writing and I'll keep reviewing.

Sir Scott chapter 22 . 4/18/2007
The background infromation on viruses were a help. I always wondered if we could cure more diseases if we forced scientists to work harder.

Time Diver chapter 1 . 4/17/2007
I'm also a big fan of the Zombie genre, and what can I say, so far your story's doing great. Also, like one of the guys here mentioned, there's a lack of description still. Nonetheless, it's getting better as each Chapter's released, so keep up the good work and more power to you.
BobZombie chapter 20 . 3/11/2007
I am a HUGE fan of Resident Evil, movies, games, even the books. One of the things I love most is how you find people's memos and journals, it gives you the feeling like this actually happened and these people actually existed, and then when you realize that they've probably died already or are about to die, it even carries some sadness in it too. I love how you've done the journal entries here, it has the same effect and is a nice little echo of Resident Evil. I also noticed that towards the end, he feels sympathy for the zombies. That's something you don't normally see, and as I said in an earlier review, what makes a zombie scary is the fact that it used to be a person. I wonder if these guys will survive? It's great how the place that used to hold them from freedom is the only thing keeping them alive.
BobZombie chapter 19 . 3/11/2007
One of the things that makes zombies so terrifying is the fact that your parents, your boyfriend or girlfriend, your best friend... none of them are safe, and if they get infected, they'll try to kill you without any reasoning. You're suddenly thrown into this situation where you have to kill a loved one to survive, and you nailed that here with Prissy. The moment she realizes that her mother is dead too is perfect for showing the callous and mindless hunger of the zombies, and to me, the concept of a corpse trying to eat you is scary- but when the corpse of a family member is trying to eat you, it's a lot scarier. You must be a huge fan of zombie movies, I keep finding all the aspects that make them so great. I can see why this story gets so many reviews, extremely nice job.
BobZombie chapter 18 . 3/11/2007
I loved the explanation of what makes the zombies run, it's always interesting to see different approaches to what could make a dead man walk. I also loved the last line! I'd say yeah, they did really fuck up haha.
Sir Scott chapter 20 . 3/10/2007
That was a pretty chapter. The part about a dead body burping reminds of the undertakers who told that a dead body can scream when it is cremated.

I like Moss's point of view the best, he seems more down to Earth.

TruthThatHurts chapter 20 . 3/10/2007
Another great chapter. I love the idea of the prisoners staying in the prison for shelter. Shows that even those that commited a crime want to live.

And the power going out...I can only imagine how creepy the moans of the undead would be as they try to fall asleep. I'd really like to know what lies in store for those prisoners, so dont be afraid (which I doubt you are) to post more about them.

Keep 'em coming, I love the read.

Sir Scott chapter 19 . 3/9/2007
That was scary. I figured the little girl would get it in the end. So far the zombies have had the upperhand in this story. I'll have to save my judgment for the story when I read the words the end.

TruthThatHurts chapter 19 . 3/5/2007
Yet another excellent chapter. Shows perfectly the horror of a Zombified world! Are your parents still your parents or are they now shambling corpses bent on consuming your flesh? Everything was great, and waking up to a zombie just down the hall...magnificent! Well, maybe not for Prissy.

One of the best lines of the chapter had to be: "Prissy was screaming and screaming while her family all joined in a morbid family moment." Ah, family, if you can't count on them to consume your flesh, then who can you count on?

All together, a beautiful chapter, in a Daddy-is-gonna-eat-your-flesh sort of way. And the Catholic man hearing the screams but having his own troubles was the icing on the cake. Loved it and I can't wait for the next chapter.

I should definitely look into Life Insurance...in case suspense gets me.
BobZombie chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
I love zombie stories. You've managed to do it perfectly with your writing, you even included the news reports that always try to make sense of it, but never can. It's the details like that that really give a good zombie story its impact, and make the reader wonder what he or she would do if they turned on teh television and saw a news report on every channel saying that the dead are returning to life and eating the living. I'm working on a new kind of zombie story myself, I wanted to combine science with zombies to try tomake the scenario as realistic as possible. It's called "Once Taken". If you're a fan of zombie stories, maybe you'll like it. You've done an amazing job here, keep up the good work.
TruthThatHurts chapter 18 . 3/1/2007
Excellent story! I actually found it a couple months back late at night and was absolutely hooked on it! I absolutely love zombie stories and this is one of , if not THE best, I have found. No, scratch that! It IS the best I've found. I check the story pretty much every day for a new chapter and pretty much do a happy dance in the privacy of my apartment when there is one.

In a weird sort of way, I loved the Disneyland attack and the whole thing where Senon meets Gray in the hospital parking lot with Senon's mother trying to get in the car. People rarely do things like that and that right there, the pushing the boundaries of normality, is what hooked me! That and people aren't running around like chickens with their heads cut off, haha. They're thinking smart! Its hard to describe what all I love about the story so far, but I do. I guess its the details mostly. I can almost exactly visualize everything that's happening, and tha makes me feel more like I'm part of the story than just looking in from the outside.

Update soon; the suspense is killing me. Though better it than a zombie...

Sir Scott chapter 18 . 2/25/2007
I never did like the idea of a young leader. I think the late forties to mid sixties is a better age for the President. I wonder how effective this plan will be? I look forward to reading more.

91 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »