Reviews for Blinkers and Me
searchlight chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
Sad, very sad and poignant. I know what you mean, I've felt the same way before but without being able to put it into words. Great piece.

-Searchlight
Shades Of Autumn chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
Oh, gosh I've definatly felt this way. It's awful what society puts young minds through. All we want is just to develope in the way we should (which more often than not means getting sent to gail or commiting suicide or getting high or whatever else) without interfearance from anyone else. But that never happens! We're all just pushed into one set- "thou shalt conform!" And if we don't want to, we're a "failure" *gr* it just gets me so mad...
Squidge VR6 chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
WOW! I LOVED how it ended! And I loved:"Running blindly in whichever direction I’m pointed in"

That is SO great... it just...is...AWESOME! (I apologize for my limited vocabulary...)
Plinky chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Yay, thanks for your review! Don't feel you have to review my stories, honestly! I review if I think yours our good, not so you feel you have to return the favour!I totally get what you mean in this story! It made me really think. Lol, love the writing!
Pure Autumn chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
This is really original and it flows excelently i like how you have descriped the thoughts and put in questions - btw thanks for the reviews i appreaciate it :)
Broken Telephone chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Dude! This is awesome! I definately know what you're saying! This is a really true piece, cha know? It's awesome!
S0ulSearching chapter 1 . 9/11/2005
*claps* *cheers* I loved this! I don't think I've seen this concept before...highly original and it flows so well..keep it up- and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.-pammy-
FrozenKiwi chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
Brilliant! Your imagery is just fantastic- I love the fur coat analogy! Well done once again!

PS: I hadn't really intended for Sara to be Beatrix, but that IS an interesting idea. Whatever floats your boat.
Eyes Unclouded chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
(Note: Haha, at first I got confused because I didn't know what blinkers were, but I looked them up, and they're the same as blinders, so now I get it. Why did I write that? I don't know...)

My comments are split into three parts.

Part I: Comments up to the part that says "Some time later":This part of the poem seems apathetic ("I don't know...whatever"); it seems like you as the writer got bored and said, "Screw it." and then the feelings came out concerning life, the blinkers and so on. The way it was written seems desperate but ultimately like giving up.

Part II: From "Some time later" to "Is it?":A nice interlude, but could use some more description (i.e. conversation with cousin needs a tiny bit more). "I smiled at him from underneath my blinkers." - I really liked that line. It seemed pathetic and brainwashed and really good.

Part I: Rest of poem"So overwhelmed like someone stuffed a big fur coat down my throat/Whoomph!/And I can’t breathe." - Marvelous! The sound effect was placed in the perfect spot.

"Why can’t you?" - What does this question mean?

The last line was so mean! Are we all to find our own answers?

This was a fantastic poem, or reflection, as I saw it. Just last night, my bro and I stayed up and talked, and I said that it seemed like my past had happened a long time ago, and like I had never lived it. And he said he felt like we were just born in that moment, and then he got really quiet and I could tell he got really freaked out. I was scared, too, but not that much because I've thought about it before. It's not fair, everything slips by and then we die. Not fair! How can we ever capture anything? It's like we're on a rollercoaster and can't even breathe until the ride is over, and when it's over, it is OVER.

Wonderful poem. Please keep writing!
Aryanda chapter 1 . 8/11/2005
this was interesting. i've never read a poem about blinkers in someone's life. this is more like thoughts bouncing off someone's head, and it was nice to read.
Aquafied chapter 1 . 8/10/2005
interesting, very much a mixed up childhood on a horse, interesting choice there. if it is supposed to mean something else, i have no idea what you mean, i dont do horses...i dont think there is such thing as a normal childhood. we are all pretty messed up in one sort of way.