Reviews for RAP
Parapaxis chapter 1 . 9/9/2010
I agree that there are accasionaly songs about that shit u listed.

But at the same time, there are actually raps that are thought provocking,some even being in the mainstream.

Lauryn Hill-Doo Wop

Lyrics:

More concerned with his rims and his Timbs than his women

Him and his men come in the club like hooligans

Don't care who they offend popping yang like you got yen

Let's not pretend, they wanna pack pistol by they waist men

Cristal by the case men, still in they mother's basement

The pretty face, men claiming that they did a bid men

Need to take care of their three and four kids men

They facing a court case when the child's support late

Money taking, heart breaking now you wonder why women hate men

The sneaky silent men the punk domestic violence men

The quick to shoot the semen stop acting like boys and be men

How you gon' win when you ain't right within

I can name pletly more,Eve,DMX,Emenim,J-Z...ect

My point is-what right do U have to go around saying that ALL raps are a peice of crap.

What If someone made a steryotype that all poetry is made by emo cutting douchebags that whine and complain about every indeceny?

Thats wrong as well.

My point is dont ASSUME one thing about a certain type of people,genre of music...ect.
I.A.H chapter 1 . 6/29/2008
so wat are u tryna say that raps not good ?

theres rappers that speak wisdom that came from the hood

mayb ur pickin the wrong radio station

or just reiterating the sanctations

that rap has no logic that u always here the same sh*t
Sunami chapter 1 . 2/23/2006
Hahaha. :P

I completely agree. :P
Marjorie Swann chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I got a laugh out of this, but I do agree with Silent Knight. I'm not a huge fan of rap (especially not the stuff you're writing about, the commerical stuff), but I do think it's important to consider that there are some really great, thought-provoking rap songs out there. Still, clever acronym.
Strangerwithnoface chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
Ooh! I loved that D It was very funny, I laughed, and heh _; Im not supposed to be on here in class P

Well! One mistake Their words spread around the world like a decease

I think you meant to write O_o disease? no? If not, sorry, it sounded a little awkward to me! But either way, I truely loved it, I think Im going to share this poem around, due to the fact I feel the same way about rap -_- Oh! Great... abbreviation _
Robert West chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
This poem was pretty good. that is all they sing about is the stuff that you wrote about in your friend Robert West.
Verbal Essence chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
err...so you're saying that rap revolves solely around violence, sex, drugs, and the ghetto? which is totally wrong on several different levels...Sage Francis, Common, and Atmosphere are perfect examples of this.

you're saying that all rap is easy and effortless? once again wrong. maybe when it comes to making commercialized garbage it is, but when it comes to making actual rap music it's a different story.

before you start jumping to conclusions about rap I suggest you start doing your research.
His Mercy's Waiting chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
HAHA! That was hilarious, I loved the rhythm and rhyming. Very interesting view on rappers.

happy writing
rache girl chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Hahahahaha! Oh my gosh! That was hillarious! I so totally agree with you 100 percent. I HATE rap. It is just so stupid. And the people who "sing" it sound like they have something stuck up their nose or somethin. You really did a great job with this. You continue to amaze me with your easy flow of rhyming. Hahaha, I'm still laughing about this. It is just too funny. Good work! YAY! I wish I could say which line I liked the best, but I liked them all! OK. Until your next poem then...
thebirdflies chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Hahahah! Very, very true. I like the creativeness with the title as well. (And I have to wonder? Where did they get "rap?") This is cool! (And it rhymes! Yay!)

TBF
Michael McCarthy chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Hey Jeremy,

I told you I would review.

This is a great poem. I especially like the part about how they make a 10 million dollar record. That was funny. Good job! Keep up the excellent work!
I Found Myself At 24 chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Hey Jeremy! *waves* Look who's back on FP! :)

I really liked this - I agree 100% with what you said and the irony of it is the second I started reading this a really ughy rap song just came on the radio...lol
Thorn's-girl chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Oh so true, and i complimet you for saying it. Not only does this agree with me (which I like :P) but its good. Very good. Vera, vera good. Vera good in da hood. *starts to rap*

Seriously though, excellent piece.
Damon Quartez chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
THat was true,But respect them not as people but for theyer talent in putting thing together and getting them done.

Damon (jeffery)