Reviews for My relationship with God, no one ever really wins
Frost Cry chapter 1 . 5/22/2006
The words you choose are very descriptive. I feel myself falling into the rhythm of your phrases as you write. You certainly have a gift with them. )

This was a very interesting read, except that God isn't about restrictions, though some Christians try to make it that way. Actually, he's the entire opposite. God is all about love, hope, and joy. When you write about him chasing your thoughts, it shows me that He hasn't given up on you yet.

As Always, -Gracelin
We as if God and I believe in you chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
let Him love you...love him with you, love just to love, cry just to cry, be deep for return of deepness, believe just to be believed, write to be written back too, pray for answers to your prayers
solideogloria chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Hi Juliet. Just wanted to respond to what you said about religion/spirituality (I would’ve emailed this, if I knew your address—since I don’t, I’ll put it here). I’m not sure how you can say “’church’ of whatever kind...I view it as a cult”, and then say you’re not bashing my beliefs. However, since there can only be one truth (truth is a pretty black-and-white concept; either something is true, or it’s not), either what you believe is correct and what I believe is a lie, or vice versa. So I suppose I can understand why you would say that.

If you’d like to continue this discussion, (or feel free to drop me a line about anything else, if you’d like!), my email is

p.s. I really enjoy the style of your poetry. It’s lovely; simple, but eloquent. :) Take care, ok?
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Hm. It's interesting, how you really, in this poem, equate God to a man. Like He's no different, except that He is somehow able to control things. I totally disagree with that, but I do feel like I know you a little better, from this piece. (As much as one can know a stranger, that is, through their writing)

"If God were anything less than everything, He would not be God-because there would be the possibility of Something greater than he is."

I'm wondering, what do you mean when you say you're anti-religion? I'm honestly interested in hearing your thoughts.

Subject matter aside, looking at this piece purely from a writing standpoint, it's immensely well-done (as are all your poems I've read, from a purely writer's standpoint). You have an insightful way of viewing the world, and you're able to portray that sincerely in your writing. That's lovely. Sincerity and insight.
Delete Me Now chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
I liked it, and to respond to ur review about my poem Heaven, I lost my grandmother when I was seven and sure I didn't understand it then, but I do know and I was sad but now I know she is with God, that makes me happy. So plz next time don't assume things.
Atlis chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
This accurately describes how much more complicated it is to have a relationship with God than it's supposed to be in biblical theory. Good job.
I cri at mi tymz 4 you chapter 1 . 8/29/2005
no one every really wins with god! no one every really wins when him and i are fighting... He just doesn't listen in the time of need... In my time of need... No one really ever gets threw... great poem true poem

loveNF
SassyLil'Thunderstorm chapter 1 . 8/25/2005
Thats how i feel about god/religion...I hate it but i love it...Sometimes i listen, sometimes i dont...sometimes im for it, sometimes im against it...Its an ongoing battle...but i just wanted to say that i love your poetry...I remember when i was debating posting my poem "Call me gothic" i was worried that it was too crazy or too weird but reading some of your work gave me the confidence to say screw it i dont care...keep up the good work!
Contender chapter 1 . 8/23/2005
Well written- you did a good job of describing the love/hate relationship you feel towards God, and the struggle of your mind. I like it.
Vampire's Werewolf chapter 1 . 8/22/2005
I like this poem. it's well written and has just the right amount of darkness to it. I'm not overly fond of poems that are happy go lucky all the way through. I blame Edgar Allen Poe... it's all his fault! So this is just the sort of poem i enjoy!
iustus chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
So, here I am reading more of your work... freeverse poetry isn't something I generally like to read, but I find your work quite thought-provoking and... addictive. ;

First, I know that you are talking about your god/God. He is all-powerful over you and although you try to resist and you know there is no point, and that he probably even -enjoys- that you try to fight him. Second, you know that you love him, but everyone tells you that you don't or can't so that is your reason to resist. Then you feel guilty towards everyone else for loving him when you're not supposed to... it's just all around a bad situation.

But, in the end... love always wins, even though to truly love, you must lose much: lose dignity, face, pride, even others you thought would understand your love... To love you must work and you must have faith. Don't stop loving.

You have great passion, keep up with it and don't stop writing with it. People know when they read something that was written with passion, and even if they don't know how they should feel... it makes them think differently and in the end, that's what can change the world.
hollyg20 chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
I'm really glad you reviewed my work...I probably wouldn't have seen this otherwise. It's funny because I've been having this war with myself about my faith (or lack thereof) and trying to regain it somehow. This really hit a powerful chord with me. Don't ever stop writing, you have a wonderful talent. You are definitely going on my favorites list right now. Keep up the great work :)
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 8/19/2005
really interesting.. it made me think a lot
notated descant chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
great descriptions... good job! (thanks for reviewing by the way) You got talent there... keep it up!
Death2Smilee chapter 1 . 8/18/2005
Beautiful. Although you title it god, it seems as though you use it in the religious sense in some parts, but in the sense that there is someone making you so much more inferior. It's truly wonderful.
31 | Page 1 .. Last Next »