Reviews for Amanda

that was amazing.

what an awesome dream.

what an awesome poem...
Aryanda chapter 1 . 9/3/2005
Oh! So beautiful! And I love the name you picked (It's MY name! Bonus points to you!) But the haikus were beautifully wonderful, and...and...it's just so pretty. Great job!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 8/17/2005
Nice reference. It adds so much more weight to your poem, a sense of intense completion.
ShadowofDemise chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
That was beautiful, really. You did a wonderful job at stringing them together. I like how you used the name for its meaning. And as a response to Faithless Juliet's comment, I have known people with the same name that were not very nice, and I too, at some point have found that everyone I had known with that name was not a likeable person, and though I believe that a name does give a person certain characteristics, everyone is different and it's unfair to say that because of the name, that they are not a good person. Everyone is not the same. I think it’s important to remember it is the PERSON and not the NAME that makes them who they are. My name is Amanda, although I’ve always mostly been called, Mandy by everyone I know. I never used to like my name until I learned more about it. It was created in the 17th century by the playwright Colley Cibber and it also means “lovable”. I finally embraced a part of myself that I had rejected and grew to accept it. Forgive me but I just felt I had to justify my point. It really is a lovely poem.
clockwork kiss chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
very neatly done. you looped the haikus nicely. i especially love the first three. this was haunting and lovely, especially the last line after reading your a/n. nice piece.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 8/16/2005
Intresting, I have to say that I hate people named Amanda; honestly I've never met a good person with that name, but this poem was up the good love,Juliet.