Reviews for This is Goodbye
BlackDreamLily chapter 1 . 1/13/2006
Hello again, my firend Been a while since I've look at your profile and I felt the desire to snoop around a bit.

I like this one. It's so sad, yet so profound. Damn does it suck to let a loved one go! I know how this protagonist feels; very heart-wrenching. I find the last stanza the most appealing, however. It really dumps out any and all remaining dirty laundry to guide the reader into a dull facsimile whatever kind of relationship these two may have once had. Clearly, they were not willingly separated; well, she wasn't at least. Strangely enough though, after all the goodbyes and go-on-your-ways, the narrator continues to say in the last two lines that they've still got a whole lifetime ahead of them. I guess it really intregues me just because we dunno if she's expecting to cross paths with her ex-lover again or if she's looking hopefully at any future men who may come her way. It's all very deep. Poor girl; lovely poem though! Come brava! _
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
Aw, I felt like I sorta had to do this today b/c I told a guy I had a thing for him and he told me he had a girlfriend. But we're still friends and have 2 classes together next semester, so it's not like it's really 'goodbye.' My God, I've told that story in line every review I've given tonight, lol. Yeah, I can totally relate to this. Very nice. The formatting works especially well in a poem of this type. Keep writing! :)
Stormie Greye chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
Very, very nice! The last two lines I loved especially. Wonderful!

I haven't been here in a while, but I hope to be on more. I never forgot how great of a writer you were! Write more!
Daemone Angelus chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
very well written, though I feel you didn't put all of the emoption into it that you felt. as if you're boiling beneath the surface...write more, and R&R my own if you will it.
Werewolf Nighteyes chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Wow. The emotions run strong in this one. Goodbyes can be really, really hard, and you captured the essence of it in this poem. Great job!
EvanescentIdiosyncrasies chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
Ah, I appreciate the review. I love the rain too! *bows*Secondly I understand the emotion you convaded in this poem. *kisses poem* It's a wonderful masterpiece and definitely a new addition to my
fading zero chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
man this just gets mi..i luv it

shattering glass illusions

-gone-
Alisha Marie chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
I liked it.
Silentwriter9 chapter 1 . 8/20/2005
i know these feelings so well. you've captured the pang of loving someone to let them go.

*SW*by the way... i'm glad that you enjoyed "The Black Jewels" trilogy... there is another book titled: "Dreams Made Flesh" which tells you what happens to Jaenelle and Daemon after "The Queen of Darkness" and another set in the same world titled "THe Invisable Ring" which (if i remember correctly) has a scene with Daemon but he isn't the main focus at all. it is a really good book too.