Reviews for peace to his people
Moonjava chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
This is really amazing and I respect you for writing it. Towards the end it all most felt like a ballad or something like that. Sad and yet peaceful in an odd way.
Rio's Desire chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
This is...fascinating. Not sure what to say, but I did enjoy reading this and thinking about how it must feel to be the priest or to be the boy.
lackluster chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
fascinating concept and overall AMAZING poem. fantastic fantastic fantastic. leaves you breathless
ClassicElfRyoko chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
ep you must write more, your poems rock!
euphemismsforlukewarmtragedies chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
.breathtaking.

i loved it. (its on my faves) i love the lucidity & the free-flowing nature this takes on. but i guess i relate to it to... not about the pedophilia, but something you said struck a chord in me:

"there is the guilt of giving in like an anorexic that just ate the chocolate cake sitting under her bed"

i feel like that all the time. (i'm a catholic) & you just happened to say it so blatantly well.

cheers. (& thanks again for your constant praise on my poetry.) ]

~nikki
Satan's Little Helper chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
This is *fantastic.* Oh, my god, so wonderfully developed and described. I love the junkies winking knowingly and the incense that smells like heroin, and bloodstains on salvation army chairs has to be the most perfect bit of imagery. "no one will ever love you" - it takes a lot to make a pedophile priest seem like a sympathetic villian, but hell if that doesn't come close. But then, it goes to the other side, and GUH. That part in the parentheses right there, with "holds polaroids of what his childhood used to be," just kills me. This is far, far too good. Really, truly fantastic. *loves*
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
it is really fascinating. the prose was what drew me in and the subject matter is what clicked. your portrayl of it through words is just ... haunting/frightening. religion is so sacred and having something like this just shatters it.

it's indulging. fascinating and a bit of a guilty pleasure reading. you make it so bittersweet and beautiful.

~* noelle
like a lover chapter 1 . 8/26/2005
I've always been fascinated (of course, also a little frightened) of the way pedophiles must feel and think. I love this, because it captures the whole.. ordeal perfectly. religion is so sacred, and then it's just shattered into a million pieces when things like that happen.

it's fascinating, and this prose was glorious and well-written. sickly bittersweet and beautiful. great job.
23 | « Prev Page 1 2