Reviews for SHE
sk8rgrl chapter 26 . 12/28/2010
everytime i think you can't take this story anywhere else, you throw something new in. this shows the treacherous balance between her new strength and her past vulnerability. fave lines: "By the time I begin to piece everything together, it's much too late. Just like all the times before." (so true! these things sneak up on you)

"You reach for the blade in her hands and she gives it to you without any kind of resistance. You bring it to your lips and kiss it reverently, nearly cry in the sudden knowledge of how much you have missed it, how deeply you have suffered without it. /She wraps an arm around you and begins to walk with you. "I love you." She says into your ear. /And now it's just you, she, and the blade, the way it was always meant to be. /The perfect welcome back home." (oh man I just cried. after all of this fighting, she's giving in again? it's so poetic and beautiful and yet so sad, that she is lost in it again.)

i really hope this doesn't end here!

sk8rgrl chapter 25 . 5/9/2008
There are so many good moments in this chapter, as short as it is. The present-to-past thing has a really great effect on the chapter as a whole, it's really very nice. (side note, might that be a L&O: SVU reference in the beginning? That's my FAVE show of all times!) And the ending is wonderful "And then, when the tears begin to fall, I convince myself the solution is stinging my eyes." So sad, yet realistic. The thing that really got me though is the title. When I connected it all, especially that ending part, I just started crying. Excellent job. More soon!

sk8rgrl chapter 24 . 12/4/2007
Wow. This one almost made me cry. seriously. The more I kept reading the more I kept shivering, like the girl can't get warm. This is so sad. After all the hard work she's been doing, to be overcome with doubts. She's struggling so much, and still falling short. What will happen next? Update soon!

sk8rgrl chapter 23 . 12/4/2007
This one strikes me as different, and yet so similar. I don't know how you keep managing to retell the same type of situations without making it seem like you're throwing up old details. It's interesting to see her thought process, and her will to fight back.

sk8rgrl chapter 22 . 12/4/2007
I can literally c this in my mind with such clarity... wow. This one is really good. Shows her shock and panic well without specifically saying so.

Twilight Starr chapter 7 . 9/15/2007
It's horrible that she feels that way about herself, but it is common for people to have low self-esteem.

Twilight Starr chapter 6 . 9/15/2007
This story is very emotional.

Twilight Starr chapter 5 . 9/15/2007
So is she like schizophrenic or suffers from multiple personality disorder? Or is this a real person insulting her and I missed that part?

Twilight Starr chapter 4 . 9/15/2007
That is tons of mental abuse rolled into one.

Twilight Starr chapter 3 . 9/15/2007
Great chapter.

Her being silent is probably much worse than her talking because if she's talking at least she's expressing herself.

Twilight Starr chapter 2 . 9/15/2007
That is so sad.

Twilight Starr chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
Interesting, good beginning.

This story has potential.

Good luck with writing and this story.

sk8rgrl chapter 21 . 8/6/2007
This one makes me think breifly of a book I once read, something like, "The mysterious incident of the dog in the nighttime" or whatev. Have you read it? It was about this autistic boy and when he got really freaked out, he needed white noise to block everything so he could calm down. Though I think he used radio static. Anyway... this one didn't really go anywhere, and was very short. I'm a little dissapointed. ;) More soon?

sk8rgrl chapter 20 . 8/6/2007
Wow, this one's actually pretty depressing. Like, the ending? Totally ironic. That was the whole point, and then after this whole ordeal, only once it's over do you realize how pointless it all was. I'm not sure what to make of this one. The sing-song voice will not get out of my head, and it's making me nervous...

sk8rgrl chapter 19 . 2/24/2007
Once again, adding a new twist to the story! I think I remember you putting something about HE in an earlier chapter, but I think it was just the name. Where might this be heading? I have suspicions, but am dying to find out. I like the way this one sounds like a journal entry, and I can relate to her evening. I've had crap like that happen to me, but I'm not nearly as passive as she is. Oh, and the last sentence feels rather forced, like you're trying to fit too much into one sentence and not finding the words for it. Overall, good once again of course!

44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »