Reviews for Capitalism
Artemis White chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
Why should the poor be helped? Your "essay" makes the assumption that life, or at least human life, has intrinsic value. Unless you dig deeper than this trash heap you call a piece of writing and actually justify your views philosophically, you will never rise beyond a naive little gadfly preaching about "good" without achieving anything, let alone understanding it.
cherry-luard chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
Excellent, and well thought out. OUr society is dominated by money and greed - the american dream is dead and corrupted.

But I do have to speak on the behalf of the well-though-out young poets of my generation. We're not all unprepared.
Forest Passant chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
Short and sweet. Well done.

I love your "Helping them up when they're standing and kicking them when they're down" line.
MiggsThompson chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
I agree with you. The problem with the labor contract is that it can only benefit the wealthy people entering prestigious jobs (by protecting their work) and the people writing the contracts. I prefer the anarchic economic system: go to work when you want to work, spend a day in the factory or the school or the office, get paid, and go home. There will be no monopoly on jobs, and when people have everything they need they will be able to take a few days off so that someone else who needs the money will be able to move in.

If you want to read something that is a true outrage, go to . or read the latest Harper's magazine article on the education gap in the USA. No Child Left Behind is worse than people know for the poor kids...I felt sick after reading.

Thanks for hating the status quo. It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I enjoyed reading your essay and I agree that the freedom of choice is badly impaired the less money you have.