Reviews for White washed rocking chairs on my front porch
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Gorgeous, gorgeous poem.

"Maybe the sun cups our faces,

As we linger in the light

Any inch of cold desire dies on our lips," was my favorite. Beautifully written.

Overall this was a wonderful write. I look forward to reading more of your stunning pieces.
the.pink.life chapter 1 . 6/27/2006
Beautiful poem. The images in the 4th stanza are so crisp. I can see everything. I also like the line "Yours never flash in the dark." The image there is outstanding. Keep writing! :)
drippingdreams chapter 1 . 5/14/2006
"Maybe the sun cups our faces" - amazing imagery! Your descriptions are just pure literary chocolate.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 3/1/2006
The poem is not my 's pleading to be written.-I know that feeling well.

This is so timeless to me; like a little old lady with her little old man sitting on the porch sipping ice tea - it’s so Victorian almost. And the bit about Paris (the city of love) made it seem so modern and fresh - like in the moment that the two of you shared you were at once both young and old. Very nice.

Much love,Juliet.
ThisCut-UpAngel chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Touching, and well-written. The imagery is great!
Night-Sorceress chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Nice... very different. I like the way the words just jump around in a harmonious way. Always impressing me with your words... keep it up.

Love,N.S
crusoeing chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
This poem is lovely; the sort of poem that demands to be read. I loved the penultimate stanza the most, I think.
Lines To Time chapter 1 . 9/4/2005
This is beautiful. You have a real gift. Keep it up!
rag chapter 1 . 8/30/2005
Very nice. The message is clear and the way the ending ties it together is very well done.
youzi chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
i liked this piece...your imagery was unique. "The poem is not my fault.

It's pleading to be written." is so spirited..keep writing D
Infection chapter 1 . 8/28/2005
very nice, loved the last few lines.