Reviews for A Blessing and Curse: Black and White
Soundless-Rhapsody chapter 2 . 3/5/2006
These monologues are amazing. I appreciate you making these because I can certainly identify with pretty much everything me, being a young black woman,and being surrounded by plently of black guys who go for girls who are everything black girls. I try to believe its beautiful because it's love but i cant seem to help but feel hurt because they seem to "look down" on black women. This all touches home with me. Also, me being a young black girl who's quite diverse and interested in guys of different races also made it enjoy it even more. I love it! Good work.
Longing for Llangarlia chapter 7 . 12/23/2005
these monologues are AMAZING! i love the topics seeing as how i am also a young black woman. and i can relate to lolita pop because i also have tons of crushes on white guys but i never pursue them because i'm afraid that they don't date black women. although around me i see more black women dating other races, i can understand each point of view in your monologues. this was so good and moving that i even read it to my mother who also enjoyed it and agreed with many of the topics stated. these monologues are amazing and you should really continue and consider publishing this or sending it to a black magazine or something. keep it up and update soon!
Under Deliberation chapter 6 . 11/28/2005
As A young black women i can relate to your charachters . These monologues should be published and shared with not only your Fp readers but also all people of all races .Although you say this chapter was not your best ,i thought it was wonderful, i know your best work must be mindblowing. update soon.
curves cornrows and class chapter 6 . 11/8/2005
wow these monologues, r amazin...at times i find myself becomin offended by what i read in them, but i realized thats y i luv these monologues so much! I luv how u go 2 the borderline in soo many ways,but manage to steer clear of what would make these monologues replusive, and u do it with class. That takes a lot of skill to do, and do well, u have managed to do it effectively & 4 dat i commend u. Plueez update soon, i have gotten my all of my girl-sista-friends (basically my black chick friends) reading these (we need to help educate each other rite?), and even though i am the only one reviewing (my friends are helpin me review rite now)u've got at least 15 other supporters. I might even perform the "our day will come" for our end of the semester monologues (if it's all rite w/ u, we have to find monologues to perform off the internet).. don't worry i will so give the credit to u!
kungfucandy chapter 6 . 11/5/2005
What a coincidence that I stumbled upon your play here! I was just thinking about this awhile ago, but not on black woman, it's more native woman, for me, because I'm native, and some of these issues that you're writing about does apply in where I'm from.

I'd like to see what your next instalment says. Not only because your topic really intrigued me and gives me more to think about but because I just absolutly love your writing! (It's rare that I find someones writing that I like.)

-Keep writing!
CynicInLove chapter 5 . 10/5/2005
u have strong ideas, and i think it's impressive how you're giving out opinions from all sides. gives it a nice whole-rounded perspective on things. nicely done! pleas eupdate sooN!
danny chapter 5 . 9/13/2005
i really liked the last monologue , keep it up, girl, i will be checkin in on u regualrly
Lolita Pop chapter 5 . 9/8/2005
Hey, I just wanted to compliment you on your amazing writing. All the world needs is a few more outstanding compositions like this to get the point across that interacial dating isn't a "sin." It's a shame that it bothers people nowadays...but i guess you have to take it one step at a time. As a teen, I've had crushes on young white men, only to be "shot down" because of the color of my skin. I just hope that one day this'll change. Great job writing.
KimeraD87 chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
I absolutly LOVE what your doin with this play. I understand where your coming from as a young black women myself who has been in relationships with white men. I actually gave up on trying to have a black man as a companion/partner because I was beat out by a white girl who I considered my best friend. I mean race shouldnt be an issue, but unfortunately it is and will be for a long time to come, im afraid. KEEP IT GOIN GIRL! WHO!
24 | « Prev Page 1 2