Reviews for In The Shadows
beautiful story :)
ANGEL992210 chapter 1 . 3/21/2007
fabulous story.
Krystal Nickle chapter 30 . 8/1/2006
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that I didn't space out my sentences or something more since while I'm tying, it is easy to read this way but I just looked to see how long exactly that last review was for this story and realized how hard it will be for you to read. I'm so sorry. I promise to lighten up for the next review, unless you email me or something and tell me you like the ridiculously long and weird reviews. But that's highly doubtful so I'll atleast space it better and not add so many weird details. Deal? Well, it's not like you'll answer or anything so why am I typing to myself? Wow, I am weird. Atleast the good thing that I wrote such long reviews is that first of all, you deserve them and second of all, no one else with half a brain would try and read them so they won't know how weird I am unless I devulge myself to them in their reviews. Talk about scary. But that's not likly since I haven't reviewed any story, even the ones I check up on frequently for updates, in so long that it shouldn't be a problem. You really were lucky that I liked you so much, or you could look at it like you probably will and think how unlucky you were that such a weirdo keep sending you freakishly long reviews that will be on the top of your last chapters review lists for atleast a little while. Again, let me express my apologies. Sorry. Bye. Oh crap, this one was pretty long too and had basically nothing to do with the story so is only filled with random babble. Again, even though I probably sound like a broken record, Sorry. Now bye.
Krystal Nickle chapter 31 . 8/1/2006
Again, I have to say that you did a great job with this one. Of course, the last chapters were my favorite but only because I love endings (and hate them at the same time because I really get attached to the characters I read) and they have the most important stuff in them. But chapter 30 was by far my favorite. I am really strong in my faith and it touched me that you added in the part where Eve prays for her father. I have to admit that I was a little put off when she first spouted those bad words (in my book anyway) when she was talking to her sister about not believing in God because of all the reasons you gave. I just love that she decided to change her mind about that and her dad. you're really lucky that I just got surgery and can't really go anywhere or do much of anything except be a loser and read stories on the computer. Well, I guess I'm lucky also to have found such great stories. But as dorky as this sounds, I really love to read. I love getting into the characters and their drama happening so much, it can get kinda intense. I know I'm weird and I'm probably freaking you out but I even sometimes have dreams about my story characters where I either finish their tale (if it's one of those annoying ones that leave a cliffie at the end) or make new dramas for their lives just because I'll get attached to a character or something. I told you I was weird. Anyway, this email was to praise you, not tell you disturbing things. I have to say that I like this story better than In The Spotlight. Maybe it's because I already knew all the characters and didn't have to waste time getting to know them or maybe it was that I think this one was actually better written than the first one or maybe I just liked Eve better because she wasn't some perfect person and had some major problems like normal people. I'm not saying Hannah didn't have problems, I'm just saying that everyone loves her already and just for her fame while Eve was naturally good at something and earned everything by hard work. O.K. Hannah did the same thing so I don't know how to explain it to you. I just liked this story better, but I suppose it would be in bad taste to nominate the sequel of something and not the original story or something like that. I honestly have no idea. I guess Eve is just a harder-to-love-lovable-character because of her many flaws but people just kept falling in love with her. O.K. I know I'm not making sense anymore so moving on. The other thing, well, one of the other things, that I love about this story was how Eve made such a huge success of her first film because it was actually good and not just because she knew well known actors. Also, that you portrayed how dedicated to her work she really was and how much she loves it. Now that is talent, especially the chapter where she was shooting the pool scene in one shot and she was so explanative about everything Celeste felt and really admired her creation, if you can believe that. It doesn't seem I can explain the things I wanted to the way I wanted to express them right now but I hope this review wasn't a total waste. But I can tell you this-there really isn't much I would change about this story at all because it was so good. I mean, the beginning of your first story could use a little work in introducing your characters better but don't trip over it or anything. Like I already told you in my review from your last story, all the good parts of it made up for and them some the bad parts of it. Same with this story I guess since I honestly can't remember a bad part but I'm sure if I read it again, I can find little knicks and knacks that I'd change but everyone could do that with any book or story. If we all changed what we wanted, then the work wouldn't be truly the author's but what that author thinks would be received best. Oh yeah, this is random but how old are you. You see, I'm 17 and if you were younger than me I think I'd die because you are a much better author than me but I don't really think you are younger because your writing just seems more mature than most that I've read on this website. But you never know. O.K., I really am sorry for taking up so much of your time if you even bothered reading this by my mindless babbling but just so you know, I absolutely love your stories and have nothing to do so I guess I could read that other one that looked interesting. I forgot what it's called but all I have to do is go to your author's page and find it so if you get another freakishly long review from me in the near future, I'm telling you I'm sorry in advance. Wow, the cursor is so small I guess I'd better praise you one more time and stop before I run out of room, if that's even possible. I think you are now my favorite author, but don't feel too great about that because it's hard for me to keep just one, especially if I read all the author's works and didn't hear from her for a while (hint hint) but just know that it is kinda hard to make it to my top 10 and you are my #1 at the moment. Sorry again for being so eccentric. Bye.
jenni chapter 31 . 2/5/2006
this story was awsum! i loved it! u r SUCH a FABULOUS author!

o and dont b depressed if u didnt get many reviews for this story. in the shadows is JUST as good (if not better) than in the spotlight. i just dont think that ppl like taking the time to review. i admit, evn i didnt want to bother to review at first, but this story was too good and i wanted to let u know that.

good luck in future stories! i look forward to them!
Aerlind chapter 31 . 12/10/2005
OH! Two weddings in one Do I smell a sequal to this one in the future? I would love to see one...maybe of Sierra and Troy in their teens and twenties...with a little bit of Eve's and Hannah's futures included? That sounds promising to me, but you're the writer, not me.
naraolla chapter 31 . 12/9/2005
This is... well, great! A happy ending! Yay! So, well, I could foresee a great future for Eve, with a wonderful husband, a successful film already and so, many more should come by, and then... a wonderful family! Reading this story is like watching Eve grow too. I felt so happy for Eve... () and so umm... well, I'll wait for your next stories!
xillbeyourcupid chapter 31 . 12/9/2005 started with a wedding and ended with one too! how cute! please tell me that you're writing another one! Im in love with them! haha
kat6528 chapter 31 . 12/9/2005
love it!
complicated melody chapter 31 . 12/9/2005
omg. that was the end/ no! I loved it, but it left so many questins. I think this story could go on forever though if you let it. but I can't believe it's over!
chocolatecoveredcherries chapter 31 . 12/9/2005
Aww..the end *sniffs*
naraolla chapter 30 . 12/7/2005
omg... he died... he really died... i nearly cried when i read the last scene. well, anyway, i think, well, perhaps you can change a little of the ending, since, yea, she wouldn't have time to pray at all. but i think it's good that she got there before he died. well, it's sad that eve only got to believe in God when someone died...

well, i'll be awaiting for the epilogue then. update asap!
Aerlind chapter 30 . 12/7/2005
Leave then end. It's a bit cleched, but I like it. It touches me.
complicated melody chapter 30 . 12/7/2005
wow. as for the end of the chapter, you could always make it so something comes up with Greg's parents and she has no choice but to go back the next day, that's the oly thing I can think of but it could work.
jabber jaws chapter 30 . 12/7/2005
If you wanted to change the end of the story you could have to wear she says the prayer before she hears the beep because she realizes then that she wants her dad to go in peace and then after she says it, have the monitors start giving the indication that he is passing, and have the doctors come in and turn them off. Alot of times when the doctors know a patient is dieing then they wont rush in, they just have a nurse come in and turn the monitors off and then do their best to comfort the family
121 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »