Reviews for Regimental Blues
Ohmm chapter 24 . 9/20/2006
I really, really liked the Eric/Elina & Donovan exchange. You nailed the entire war story genre there.

Not fair! It's over so soon?
lintong chapter 23 . 9/17/2006
michy you wanted to die?ah david!ah!i see you have almost followed pratchett, there's yet another girl.
fire-breathing-kitten chapter 23 . 9/15/2006
OMG!

I knew it!

I actually guessed awhile back that Eric was the princess cause of the plaster he always wore over his forehead and how at the beginning the princess was told to hide her birthmark and, and...

Anyway, though it wasn't totally a surprise to me, it was still a good plot twist.
lintong chapter 21 . 9/8/2006
what suspense!

breadcrumbs, like hansel and gretel will they get out of the woods then?
Ohmm chapter 21 . 9/7/2006
I'm sorry I took so long to come here, because I really, really like this, and there isn't any more to say, really.

Except perhaps, E! OBS NOSTALGIA!
lintong chapter 20 . 9/4/2006
your description is getting more the better.i like the plot twist at the end!and the girls have the best characters.
Natsuhiko chapter 20 . 9/4/2006
oh, I liked this chapter ! I was wondering when that princess was going to make her reapperance.
elenlinde chapter 20 . 9/4/2006
01. darn i thought i would be shot in this chapter.

02. WHATT? WHERE DID THE ROMANCE THING COME FROM?

but im impressed. haha. you DO have a future in this genre, you DO! *tries desperately to convince livvy*

and i almost forgot about the princess. princess!
fire-breathing-kitten chapter 19 . 7/20/2006
The lack of update saddens me. And things are getting so exciting, too! (Not that they were boring to begin with). Their mourning of Tak was touching, and I just loved the part where they were all promoted. David's a captain, yay! That just gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I'm looking forward a little nervously to next chapter. I hope none of my favorite characters die. If they do, I'll um...be really sad.
Quaviver chapter 19 . 5/14/2006
Thanks for reviewing, luv. *hug* Here's my long overdue review of yours.

You have a great writing style. It's simple, clean, easy to understand. If I were a professional reviewer (the kind that writes blurbs in front of novels), the words I'd use would be: "compulsively readable." And your characters are a fun team; you didn't elaborate too much on some of them, but the ones who had an important part to play (like Tak and David and Katalin) have a lot of depth. The rest are colorful enough that we could wait for a description of their pasts until later.

Jack as king was a true surprise though. He never struck me as the kingly type. He's more of a rogue, if you know what I mean? If anyone was to be the long-lost heir, I thought it would be David ('cause he was, you know, the good-hearted farmboy, and 80% of all fantasy stories end that way). But anyway, that's a nice way of breaking /that/ cliche.

You're amazing at foreshadowing too, and tying threads together. Reading through your story, I was constantly thinking that there was a bigger picture somewhere.

Also, I like the way the humor doesn't take over this story. It's rather understated and it subtly creeps in at appropriate moments.

Just a typo thing I spotted. Is David's brother Robert or Roberts? Yeah, it's not that important, but it threw me off for a while.

Oh. By the way. That lesbian vampire joke is the most digusting one I have ever heard in my entire life! I mean, like, ew. Ew. *shudders delicately, then laughs*

To sum up, this is an awesome story. Update soon, keed. _
elenlinde chapter 19 . 5/6/2006
i think all your characters are very likeable, you. especially to the bunch of us, since we can pick out and idetify people! and i suppose you could say the real jacob has a "certain charm". there must be a reason why our class liked him so much.

sigh tak died! ): it'll be strange, the regiment without him. he's the only nice sweet patriotic one! well, i suppose tiffany is rather sweet, and david is a relatively nice guy, but the rest of them are either strange or eccentric. actually that's pretty much the same. but yes.

that's alot of promoting. and ha, it's nice to know that jack is still, well, jack. i am terribly amused.

tak is dead! *mourns* and i think a few more of them will be, too. D:

oh. i just realised. do i get shot soon? xD
elenlinde chapter 18 . 5/6/2006
NO! tak's dead tak's dead tak's dead AH. *mourns*

but that ending was so romantic and sweet. which is rather un-you, but im not complaining. heh. except that HE'S DEAD! HOW COULD HE DIE! AHH! D:

and where did jacques come from? o.O wasnt the person in the first chapter elina? and wasnt she a GIRL?

you confuse me, dear.

i like david! and katalin! and tiffany! and well, everyone. somehow i think we're all going to die soon. ack.
lintong chapter 19 . 5/5/2006
ah!i see the barons are not secretly lovely.
Out of the Orange chapter 19 . 5/3/2006
Ahh. I was almost in tears at several points in this chapter- you did a wonderful job.

The swiftness of the update was great, too. I hope the next one'll come soon too. :)
Out of the Orange chapter 18 . 4/29/2006
Aw, damn. That almost brought tears to my eyes.

I've been reading this story for quite a while, but was either too lazy to review or the computer would mysteriously eat the review and I was too lasy to retype it. Suffice it to say that this story- your writing, the characters, the descriptions- it's all simply amazing. I think Oscar is my favorite out of the bunch. Or Jacob. Or Eric or Katalin or- aw, screw it, they're all great

I also like the way you portray David. He's sort of an unassuming fellow, isn't he? Likable, practical, and an overall nice guy- a good perspective to have the story told from.
86 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »