Reviews for Sitting and Screaming
Crescent City Chick chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
thank you. The 4th anniversay passed. Slowly...slowly we're trying to come back. so much has changed. So much is still needed to be done. But I know we'll be back. This really moved me.

-a girl from New Orleans
mnonkey chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
well... nicole was right about it looking like a person... that was interesting. and this is so true... full of helplessness... the curse of being too young, i guess.
Keeper of the Bells chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
A little short, but very vivid and expressive. I particularly like the quotes from the news
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
::sigh:: so sad adnd beautiful
SumiFritzN chapter 1 . 9/2/2005
Not only do I like this piece because I feel the same way, but, maybe it was on purpose, maybe not...either way, the poem looks like a person.
angie3838 chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Try to move deeper into this poem. As it stands, it's at a rather superficial level.

I think the image of "things are moving/Too slowly" is one that you should expand upon, because it has a LOT of meaning. It could mean help from rescue workers, as well as the water itself.

Also, you could take this into the direction of the superficial and deepen it as well. You already present a kind of distance between the tragedy and yourself from the television set, and you could definitely expand upon this. Just for a suggestion, you could compare and contrast the image of you witnessing this on the television (not actually being there, it just being an image) to what is actually going on in New Orleans (the water being some kind of superficial film over the city... only they can't change the channel). That makes no sense but hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say!
Kella Trams chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
I know that feeling. I was thinking the same thing this morning. It gets on my nerves sometimes when people state statistics and go geez. makes you think doesn't it? or something. And then that's it. Nobody does anything.

Very nice summary of the feeling in a very short space. I know that the television is your source, but the word television is a little odd in this poem. Makes it less dark or something. You could say "news" instead. Consider that.
contrivant chapter 1 . 9/1/2005
Join the club honey, thank you for your thoughts, and right now that's what we need. I really love the way your arranged the lines.