Reviews for The Demon's Guide to Supernatural Fiction
Kildiazar the Unwanted chapter 3 . 2/23/2007
Werewolves. Did I mention I'm also obsessed with those cute furry killer things?

What would you thnk of a subspecies of werewolf called the Shadow Wolves who not only turn into wolf form, but also into mist and shadow forms as well as have the power of invisibility? However, only those who are pure of heart can become Shadow Wolves and eventually their powers would drive them mad, which caused their downfall. Seriously, I need suggestions. I'm a rookie here.

Of course, I don't give my wolf characters names that are too obviously wolf-esque. I have Vukodlak, Lakan and Valwique. All of them come from the same family hence the similarity in the name. They all have to have their new wolf name derived from Vukodlak, Father of all wolves.

Gah, I can't believe I'm pouring all this out like this but I don't want my works to be just another run-of-the-mill plot idea about the undead.

PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! UPDATE! I BEG OF YOU! Zombies, Angels, anything... Just update.
Kildiazar the Unwanted chapter 2 . 2/23/2007
Vampires! Don't get me started with vampires! I'm obsessed with them, as well as with zombies. I'm still in the phase of the whole "War of the three races" sort of thing, namely humans, werewolves and vampires. However, the werewolves are a minor race as their species is being wiped out thus causing them to side with the humans. The war ends with the entire werewolf species nearly going extinct and into seclusion, the vampires going into dormant state to re-emerge someday in the future and the humans allowing the war to fade into the stuff of legend, all set in B.C.

OK... Now that I've got that out of my chest, blood-sucking politicians sounds redundant. They're leeches in both figurative and literal sense.

By the way, shamefully I haven't gotten around to writing original works yet. I'm still playing around with fanfiction because I'm not yet sure if I'm ready for fictionpress. Sorry, Legacy of Kain fan here. Woohoo! All hail Lord Kain! I've only done LOK fanfics to experiment and improve my writing style.

Anyway, so far any suggestions?
Kildiazar the Unwanted chapter 1 . 2/23/2007
Greetings. I was redirected here by word of mouth, from author Jave Harron who told a friend who told a friend who told my friend... who eventually told me... or something like that.

Frankly, I find this really interesting and I wanna see more. I'm looking for people who stand out and so far you fit the description.

But a note on the idea of a vampire trying to survive the zombie epidemic. I've tried it before and it didn't really work out. I can't seem to find the logic to hold the story together. Basically there's a vampire whose first attempt at making another vampire goes horribly wrong and it ends up becoming a zombie. Now the vampire doesn't have the heart to kill the zombie seeing as it was once a dear friend to him/her. Instead, the vampire leaves the zombie in the basement of his/her house but it manages to escape anyway. It then starts the zombie plague. And then, I don't know what happens. My plot ends there so far. Any ideas? Please help. By the way, it's set in a poverty-stricken area, the slums, with lots of homeless people who make perfect targets for flesh-eaters and blood-drinkers. When people go missing, no one will miss them. So, any suggestions?

Secondly, I've already done a story featuring a werecat and a weresnake even though they're not the main characters.

Third, what do you think of the idea of a pseudovampire (human who exhibits vampiric qualities i.e. supersensitive hearing etc.) who tries to act as a peacekeeper/ambassador between warring humans, werewolves and vampires? Would it also still be credible if he were blind or would that be pushing it?

Well, that's all for now. Please update!
January Gray chapter 3 . 1/8/2007
I liked this chapter, probably a little more than the one on vampires, but that's probably because I'm in the middle of researching my own shape-shifter story-I'm not going to say werewolf story because I only have one werewolf and he's a secondary character.

I think there's a lot more you could have touched on, but that's probably just because I'm up to my ass in shape-shifter lore, legend and myth right now. I think it would have been interesting to bring up spirituality a bit more with this topic because the Catholic Church had several decrees against werewolves, since it was usually considered a demonic power. However, quite a lot of Native American cultures, especially in the Pacific Northwest and Alaska, involve shape-shifter legends with a very positive and even a casual tint. People writing about werewolves or were-anythings should also research the behavior, social habits and mating habits of the ordinary animals they want to turn into shape-shifters.

Good work overall though.
January Gray chapter 2 . 1/8/2007
You have some good ideas and good places for young writers to start. I'm certainly sick of seeing stories involving teenaged girls falling in love with Dracula-clone vampires. Yawn. It was interesting when it was done on "Buffy," but enough is enough.
January Gray chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
Thanks be to all the gods! Someone who wants to work to improve supernatural writing! I was beginning to think I was the only one, whew, that's a load off my mind. I can't wait to see what you have to say next.

Rain
JaveHarron chapter 3 . 11/18/2005
Finally! Perhaps you can cover golems next?
Anya Tempest chapter 3 . 11/18/2005
This is hilarious - and so true. I always enjoy stories more when they put an original spin on a concept rather than just regurgitating what's already there.

The way you quote examples and sources is very helpful, and overall you have good clarity and coherence, and don't descend into a rant, which is also very good.

Excellent work - will there be more soon?
Shade2 chapter 2 . 9/3/2005
Dear God, man, this is brilliant. *snort* . . . laughing too hard to type . . . Thank you for debunking the 'vampires must be sexy, etc' myth in such a humorous and informative manner. Very enjoyable - I look forward to the next bit.
Stuck in Red chapter 2 . 9/3/2005
NO! NOT INDIVIDUALIOTY! I MUST BE SPECIAL! I MUST BUY THE 'you laugh because Im different...' SHIRTS BUT I CANNOT BE AN INDIVIODUAL!

Anywho, nicely done chapter, I really enjoyed it and laughed at a few parts (not sure if I was supposed to, but I did) and Im glad someone else out there thinks the whole 'vamp vs. were' thing is a piece of shit (however, i LOVED Underworld) keep it up!
JaveHarron chapter 2 . 9/3/2005
I see I'm not the only fan of Blood Omen. Mwuhahaha! Anyway, too bad my sci-fi column also does fantasy now. It's been a while since I had good competition.
Cunning Coyote chapter 2 . 9/3/2005
It's about TIME someone came out with a guide like this one. You brought up some good points, especilly about vampirism and the rivalry with werewolves. Speaking of which, I HIGHLY sggest the book "Gil's All Fright Diner" I think you'd like it.I reallylove what you've done so far. Keep it up.