Reviews for The Wolf and the Seal
Peachy-09 chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Extremely different read and it was nicely written. The ending is a teeny bit rushed but yet it still rounded the story off beautifully.
FreekyDisaster18 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Hey! I am here to share some exciting news! This story has been added to the Slash category on A Drop of Romeo! :)

Here's the Review:

"Helen Thinks: Back when I was sixteen and faced with the difficult decision of ‘what do I want to do with my life?’ there was always one option that I kept repeating; to run away with the circus. Yes, it was said in jest but at the same time I have always been intrigued by the romance that is the circus and I was over the moon excited when this extremely amazing one shot by Kimagure was suggested. As you all should know, I am a huge sucker to stories that take place in a different setting and the setting of a circus most definitely hits my addiction.

“The Wolf and the Seal” by Kimagure is the story of Wolf, a boy that can turn into a Wolf; not only when the moon is full but when he is angered; so he is obviously a huge it at the ‘freak’ show that he has been a part of for a long time now. What he does not expect to happen is for the circus master to find a new freak, Seal, who can also transform into a creature with the help of a pelt and he most definitely does not expect for Seal to feel safe with him, or the other way round.

Kimagure’s ability to suck a reader into their story and relate to the characters is phenomenonal, especially due to the fact this story had supernatural elements so therefore we should not realistically be able to relate to the characters. They do this through amazing characterisation such as Wolf being possessive and domineering, like you could imagine a Wolf would be.

I feel as if the ending was somewhat rushed but at the same time, it was delivered perfectly. I can imagine after the ordeal they had been through, and Wolf’s possessive attitude, that their romance would be quick, fast, and so damned passionate that all of us were wishing that we were a part of it. Once again, this is thanks to Kimagure’s fantastic writing.

Thanks to an extremely addictive plot that transgresses quickly and fluently, Kimagure has their audience hooked in “The Wolf and the Seal” from the very beginning and does not let go until the last word. A must read for everybody!"

Keep writing, Helen xo
Rhodd chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
This was a really nice story, as much as it has a fairytale feel it too feels emotionally real. Thank you for writing and willing to share this story.
mangatake chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
Sweet and well written :) Thanks for sharing.
Yusta chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Wow, thank you for the wonderful story. Almost made me cry, it was so sweet and tender and my heart went out to Wolf. Loved this and watching Seal and Wolf's interaction with each other, thank you very much for writing it.
ALittleLunatic chapter 1 . 2/7/2012
I dunno but I hope this is not a oneshot. Please make this a story. It could be like Wolf getting introduced to Seals family or something, just, this should be a story.
Witch19 chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
XD loved ur fic soo much! One of my fav's
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I really like how Wolf doesn't just get all fine and dandy because of love and they skip off happily into the sunset. You've given a fairly accurate portrayal of the sort of warped emotions and the dangerous self-loathing someone can develop when forced into such physical and psychological torture as a child. When they reach the house, he's suspicious, fearful, and paranoid. he actually misses the familiar cruelty of his keeper, and the bars of his cage. When letting go of Seal, he doesn't just go off somewhere else to live free, but feels compelled to go back to the circus. very well-developed characters, interesting plot, and good writing. well done : )
aonoymous chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
This is a really good story! I feel really sorry for poor Wolf though... Why couldn't they have made Emil a eunch and Shelia blind, deaf, and mute while they were at it? Those two certainly deserve it...
mousegirl05 chapter 1 . 10/30/2010
Hm, this was a highly enjoyable tale with very powerful emotion throughout. Wolf's actions and reactions were so very believable given his situation and very true-to-character. When he returned to the circus... it was simply heartbreaking but as natural as can be. Freedom often scares those who have lived a life of anything but. Nice job there.

The circus element was fun too. _
purplehost chapter 1 . 7/27/2010
That was one of the most touching stories I've read in a long time. There was unexpected depth to the characters despite the fact that they're merely words on a screen. And I think that this is worth reading again, another rarity for me. There were no misplaced or misspelled words to wreck it either. To sum it up, it's worthy of being on paper, in an actual book. And if it were, I would buy it.
proser132 chapter 1 . 7/26/2010
This was very pretty, and very down to earth. I also liked the timelessness of it - it could be taking place now, or five-hundred years ago. I loved it.

Hoping to read more from you -

~proser132
Kidiu chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Oh my god, this is so-! I loved it so much! You don't know just how great a story this is! I really really love it, you wrote it so well, and the storyline was so, ugh, addicting! I enjoyed this very much, it was beautiful, really. Thank you so much!
Kamaete chapter 1 . 6/4/2010
Hi!

Wow, I love it! I want a Seal!

I love the fact that a selkie is in it. Selkies are cute. I love your descriptions, and the actions and the tigers (though I doubt tigers and wolves get along). I love the bearded-lady and the midget and the elephants!

Harp was adorable ans she talked exactly the way a little kid would!

Seal and Wolf are so adorable.

This was amazing! I thank you for writing and that other person for letting you post it!

By the way, this is my first read on this site... It has been good! I think I'll continue!

Bye!
Piroko Hatake chapter 1 . 5/31/2010
Oh... My... Gosh... I just fell in love.
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »