Reviews for Riddle of Birth
CandleQueen chapter 1 . 8/27/2007
Very well done. Writing was unforced, and very beautiful. Ramenluver: *completely envious*

-Ramen
RuathaWehrling chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
1.) "a blaze my atire." - "attire"

2.) " stirrs me to life" - "stirs"

I really like the rhyme and rhythm you've got going in this poem. The sing-songness adds a lot to the sense of "riddle" that you've got going. One comment: Initially, it seems like the "mother" and "father" are the fire and air/wind, but at the end you write "from the corpse of my mother I soar", and it certainly sounds to me that here you mean "mother" to be the old (dead) phoenix. If you mean the ashes of the fire, I'd watch out - you started out talking about the fire and air as general (eternal) entities, but now you're talking of the fire dying. It's just a bit contradictory, even though I know what you're saying (I think!).

Well written, but PLEASE run your works through spellcheck before submitting them! There's no reason for such silly mistakes in this age of computers. It really would make your piece better, I promise! Thanks for the poem! -Ruatha
RomanceDeceptionist chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
?

wow...not sure exactly what that meant, but i will try to take a stab what what it means. to me, it has something to do about how your family conflicts have different motives for you. it seems that you live off of items both your mom and dad provide for you. Lots of increased vocabulary. great job.
Hrothgar-Son of Healfdene chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
wow... at first i didnt get it, but then my sister pointed out that it's about the pheonix... am i(or is she) right?
Four Minute Warning chapter 1 . 9/5/2005
Prettyful. Very prettyful.

And I think I know the answer.

Though I'm probably wrong.