Reviews for Labor Day on Vashon Island
KwazyKandyPie chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
long, but still great. what can i say? your poems are always great.-kwazykandypie AKA Kelly Ann-
AlwaysAmberella chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
wow, This is so personal, I can't help but see everything you described in my mind eye.

Well, Well, Well Done!

Solo.
Tikklz chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
I loved this is so many different ways! My own "dad issues" came into play, the need to break away and go "hunting adventure". Also, I went to visit my aunt and uncle last year, and they live in Anacortes, WA (about a 45 min. trip from Seattle) and I don't think there has ever been a place I've been more attached to, and reading this made me miss the ocean SO much! As always, you're writing style astounds me!
Neverlander12 chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
It could be a song. It doesn't even need music though really. It's so melodic and touching. I really felt the emotion. It's a little hard to describe, it's like that choked up feeling in the back of your throat, but inside my very soul. Very well written. Keep up the good work!
shade chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
My my my, I really liked that for the sheer fact I could relate. My grandparents used to live on Vashon and I'd visit them and it'd always be great. Don't want to ramble. Very good.
pale doll chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
It's Jack Dawson...
like a lover chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
I loved how I could see the events, how I could imagine the relationship strengthening throughout the day (bad choice of words, but you know).
elvenstorm chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
This is very story like, can picture it well. Love the sentiments and ideas in it. Well done.
Kurt Nabokov chapter 1 . 9/7/2005
Thanks for the review. I'd appreciate if you'd read my fiction more than my poetry; I try much harder at it. I liked your poem: it's nice to actually read something on this site that actually has some thought.
Steel Winged Angel chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
wow...a story in poem form. Almost like prose. I like the () you use throughout, as though adding on to the thought. I could really picture this. Beautiful
Traced In Green chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
That's a beautiful poem, excellent style and a deep relationship portrayed. It's a tad bit sad on the dad part. Thank you for your reviews and I'm so sorry.
words music and love stay true chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
ooh! This poem is really really good! It's incredibly powerful! It almost brought me to tears it was so good! I love it! I can't wait to read more of your stuff! *shivers* the emotional power! Ooh! I love it! *****the scottish dragon*****
backseats on thursdays chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
amazing. simply. amazing. keep it up keep it up!
method acting chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
A different sort of beauty. off beat...interesting. Lovely job.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 9/6/2005
Thats a nice poem. But a Corolla! Come On!