Reviews for The Obsession with Jack
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 19 . 2/18/2007
“That's nice. Marie! The baguettes! Hurry up!”

That’s what life would be like if it were Disney. I wanted to be Lumiere in that movie. He got some of the snazziest lines. But omg, nothing beats TENG! Kronk love.

“I want to think of something witty

Tell a joke, or say you’re pretty”

AW! I melted at that line. I can so imagine Take That/Robbie singing something like this. I have no idea why, but I can.

I don't like Cleo, did I mention that? She's like the Scar to Rosie's Simba. How dare she throw a shoe at Rosie! Does she have no respect? And slag! She called her a slag! She steals her money, calls her names and throws a shoe at her. Gah! I, luckily, have never met such a person in real life. If I did I don’t know what I’d do…probably act just like Rosie :(.

And ah TOM! He messed it up so bad! Why'd he do that? Poor Rosie. Weirdly enough, I'd probably come to the same conclusions as she did. And I’d want to scratch his car too except in my heart I was going ‘No…Rosie don’t do it! You’ll be like Cleo! You’re better than that!’

Oh Tom, why couldn't you be a smooth operator?

I don’t know why, but I sort of feel like he only did it because he felt like he had to do it. Maybe to make her stop loving Jack or something? Maybe in his mind he’s trying to save her? Because the kiss sounded awfully like he felt like he was sacrificing himself for the greater good.

Oh, and have I told you how much I love the line “Inside I’m singing damn Disney?”. Hehe Disney love!
RedBerries chapter 19 . 2/15/2007
OMG! She;'s back with a venegence...right? I love the way she's almost the evil villain now...just like Yzma! never see you on msn anymore :( how's uni going?
Alteng chapter 19 . 2/11/2007
It is good to have the song back. I missed it in the last chapter. This song reminds me of that Cure song, something about Friday, I'm in love thing.

Anyway, I still don't find this too emo. I think I out do you on that one on Bane of Rendsberg. Rosie really needs to yank Cleo down and beat the snot out of her, but that is not really in her character, and I can understand Rosie wanting to scratch up Tom's new car (and why she would think that it was Tom, who kicked her in the lot). I would never have the guts to scratch up his car either, even if I wanted to. As for thinking that it was Tom, who kicked her. That was a logicial conclusion. After all, it was his car she was crumbled by.

As for the kiss. Yeah, well. I do think that Tom has a thing for Rosie, and he is trying to tell her honestly, but she is just too dense and down on herself to get it.

Oh, and the reason that Rosie went to see the unconscious comatose Jack was because Tillie never told her before hand that he was comatose before they arrived at the hospital. She did want to talk to him. Of course, I can see Tom's point in this. She is in love with what she thinks Jack is.

I still hope Cleo gets what is coming to her.
Blah chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
Goddammit. There should be LIMIT to Rosie's passivity.

seriously. I can tolerate the fact that Rosie is too "cowardly" to stand up to Cleo...but the fact that she LETS Cleo push her around like that? UGH
Crimson Roses chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
Wow. A lot of things have happened in this chapter. Tom kissing Rosie? Wow wow wow. I kind of suspected something on Tom's part, but wasn't too sure. And Cleo is a little (insert expletive here). Great chapter. :]
for keeps chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
yeah... I'd say Rosie's gone a little off her rocker, her reaction to the kiss was totally psycho, yet in some odd way, believable. But it's all good, as a paranoid Rosie makes for a abso-fricking-lutly spectacular story.

I wonder if there is any truth to her idea that everyone is working against her. Tillie... yes, I would say so (plus there is total evidence to prove it in previous chapters). She's too crazy to be trusted.

But Tom? Well, yeah, he's capable. But I like him. So I'd like to think not. But the more I think about the more a more prominent part of me stubbornly leans towards yes. I'll see, I suppose. ;)

And, as always, this chapter was TOTALLY unexpected. Cleo? I didn't expect that shoe to be on her foot. You never fail to surprise me, and constantly leave me balancing precariously on the edge of a cliff(hanger) at the end of each chapter.

You’re a wonderful writer and I don't care how emo the chapters get as long as they're still funny. Has anyone ever told you that your a riot? Rosie's obscure outlook on the world never fails to make me laugh out loud. Seriously. Some parts of this were so funny I just about fell out of my chair.

I’d say that you can also write amazingly lovely songs that, if recorded, would surely be awesomely popular. *is jealous*

Please, please update soon. ;)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
Heya there! It's once again, yours truly again lol! XD Anyway, glad to see that you've updated after such a long time. I thought you're too busy or what... anyway, I can really say that this is an emo chapter of sorts here. I don't really Tom to be that deep in nature though since I always thought that he was sorta flippant... anyway, nothing much to say abou this chapter except that Cleo finally appeared again. I really wonder what that bitch has in store in this story... and yeah, some questions here of the same nature lol!

Questions: What is Primark?

Is Peacock's some kind of chain store?

What is Numberwang?

Is Radiohead some kind of radio brand?

Who are the Karma Police?

What is a Priory

Who is Pete Doherty?

What kind of show is Diagnosis Murder?

What is TCP?

Sorry if I sound dumb in these questions, but I really dunno what they are. Maybe you can explain? XD

P.S: Thanks for your review on Circles of Arven. Hopefully, you can review Elven Chronicles and Wolfblood as well soon! Bye!
Allie in Wonderland chapter 19 . 2/5/2007
Can I just say.

I love this story.

And I adore Rosie. She's hilarious; I love her raw sarcasm and how blatant she is. It's very nice. You managed to establish a great voice for your character, which is something that is, I think, one of the most difficult things to do. Very well done. I would consider trying to get this published if I were you; after some editing and a little review from some publishers, you could have a New York Times Best-Seller. Good job.
Scribblesandink chapter 19 . 2/4/2007
Wow, what an emotional chapter! I enjoyed this; truthfully, I dislike Tom. Dunno why, he just seemed kind of...unbalanced. But then again a lot of people in your story are. And Cleo is back! I don't like her either; but all of your characters make your story so interesting! I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.
Crewger chapter 19 . 2/4/2007
KEEP GOING!
murderprotocol chapter 19 . 2/4/2007
This was good. I don't think it was too emo or anything - I think it was quite appropriate for Rosie to want to key Tom's car after discoving what she did, and thinking that maybe he was using her. Although, I'd like to think that Jack is sort of a comatose matchmaker, bringing Rosie together with her real July, Tom, who isn't the arse she presumes him to be. But that's just me.

I love how Rosie seems to be in denial, and that she's selfish at time, like when she tries to make everything her sister has done about her, when like Tom said, she doesn't even know Jack.

I loved those opening paragraphs about Rosie talking about how she wished she were cool. I had an awesome mental picture. :) And the following 'real life' look was a nice parallel.

OMG, her sister is such a bitch. I would totally slap her. I wouldn't condone it, but I would complain if Rosie did hit her. I think she'd be justified.

Post more whenever you can. This is just too awesome.
Crewger chapter 18 . 1/26/2007
oh please do continue! I'm so waiting for the next chapter!
Ayanna-Sparrow chapter 18 . 1/15/2007
Wow this story is so well written! I read it all in one go last night. Though i thought that this was the last chapter and i was so confused, but now i see you said there would be more to come, so please soon. :D

Ayanna-Sparrow xx
derniersoleil chapter 18 . 1/1/2007
Well, I found your story a little while ago, but didn't review until now... Mostly because I was too lazy to review until I got to the most recent chapter...

Anyway, it's amazing! I love the songs at the beginning of the chapters... This may sound stupid (I don't read author's notes very often...) but did you write them yourself? They're cool...

Yeah, It's far too late for my brain to be working, so I'm sorry this review is pretty much junk... But still, your story's great, keep it up!

~Soleil
Crimson Roses chapter 18 . 12/30/2006
Wow, great chapter. I can't believe her sister did that to Jack...and Tom seems so real, like his reaction to everything. Using humor to hide how he really feels. And I love Rosie, as always (Ack, Avagadro's Number...Chemistry has come back to haunt me, hehe). FP has been acting really dumb lately and I have not gotten any author alerts. To think, I could have been reading this last week. Update soon!
392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »