Reviews for The Obsession with Jack
Shadowed Echo chapter 15 . 8/23/2006
Hey, I'm Thea Cult from Fiction_Press_Writers_Romance. You can put me in that psychotic fan category. I don't have anything helpful to say so I'm going to rabbit on. My favourite character is Tillie. I love the way you made her like Rosie because she's like Jack. And you've made the dysfunctional family sound normal with Rosie.
citrus scented chapter 11 . 8/22/2006
And im utterly absorbed, Again.

this girl, rosie, is so consistant. great character developement there.

and god, the humour, it gets me every time. "Will Egburt 2 be more successful with their debut single ‘Seahorse’? Who knows? Who cares? Let’s just ask them some pointless questions and see what they say; it’s far more fun" haha totally love it. I like the different starts to each chapter, its like slowly we're getting to know more about egburt 2 but only through the things that rosie would have had to go by. its a good idea.

"“Oh, it’s Johnny the possible narcoleptic with issues in confidence and respect,” he muttered after a while." haha, that actually did make me laugh out loud.

but this is the part of this chapter that really made it for me:

"you don’t know their faults and can practically mould their personalities into the shape of your July’s. If you find her… well, you get to know her and she becomes completely different to you. You find out that perhaps she's not so right for you after all. And the search goes on.” He sighed again. “Yup, July’s a complete tease""- I just, well I deal alot in that whole unrequited love thing, so this I can utterly relate to. its the truth. its just sucky. Very thoughtful though, thats what really makes this story. YOU HAVE IT ALL.

the laughs, the gripping plot ( Im so confused Im desperate to know whats going on) and the thoughtful insights that make you feel all deep. hehe, this is great. if i havent said that a million times before.
nightblind chapter 15 . 8/15/2006
Oh come on, your writing's improved, you ARE getting better! Mr. Motivator WAS a legend. LeSigh. Um.. because Eastenders always seemed horrific? Neighbours and Home and Away are all the soapiness I need. They keep alternating between being better than the others, and right now Neighbours is a TON better. Do you know Bree's going to become a goth? And evil CamRob and Dyllers are TOO hot. Oh crap, right.

YAY for Jack coming next week! FINALLY! I like how Tilly says "You're him." I likes. Cleo's still HORRID, and Tom's ADORABLE. YAY Tom! C'mon, FASTAH, we need some action! And things really need to get better for Rosie. S'even more personal because I have a friend called Rosie, who is lovely.
RedBerries chapter 15 . 8/14/2006
Fabulous chapter again - I almost missed it though...silly e-mail messing up again...

I think I'm kinda missing something in this chapter...apart from the whole Cleo thing...coz it was like a whole load of filler...but there was important stuff lurking right? Like the whole I-would-understand-Jack business. It's fab anyways.

A-level results in three days...I'm dying from lack of sleep and nervousness...
Plinky chapter 15 . 8/13/2006
Nice chapter!

I'd forgotten what a great character Rosie is. She's so easy to relate to.

Your characters are all fascinating actually. Your story has an almost surreal vibe to it, and I love that.

Lovely chapter, despite you not being happy with it. :D

Update soon!
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 14 . 8/13/2006
Oh gosh! I'm so embarassed, I just realised that I had typed in Chloe instead of Cleo for some absurd reason.

So sorry for confusing you and please don't be insulted!

I don't know where my mind is these days (and I'm starting to sound like an old lady more and more everyday oO).

Once again - I'm extremely sorry!
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 15 . 8/13/2006
You know, I was so certain I hade reviewed chapter 14! Ah never mind, I shall review both the chapters here (hope you don’t mind :]).

Chapter 14:Ooh, is the person answering the questions Rosie? At first I thought it was, but then I wasn’t too sure anymore, and then I thought it was again. I love how you’ve made it mysterious by not mentioning the name of the person being enquired. I half think it’s Tom (because of this line: ‘not how I’d imagined him to be at all – you know, from his music and all.’) and I half think it’s Rosie.

And blah, Cleo is such a silly for, first of all stealing Rosie’s money, and secondly, for making everyone worry. I really can’t imagine why she behaves the way she does! If I had a sister like that I would have slapped her a long time ago.

Wow, the mum tried to act so casual. My heart went out to her.

And whoa…she can fit so much in her pocket! I can barely fit my wallet in it, let alone my handphone (which I tried to once and nearly lost it because it fell out!).

Tillie is so adorably oblivious sometimes. I guess that’s what makes me like her.

And wow, Tom is pretty ostentatious isn’t he? I still love his character though – his whole ‘I like to think I’m wiser than I seem’ thing is endearing. I can totally picture him with his hat and his guitar, swirling around a supermarket while everyone else looks mortified!

‘Stalker Alert’ Oh my god! I laughed so hard.

I (probably like everyone else :P) wonder what business Tom has with Jack.

Chapter 15:

The songs are becoming slightly more bittersweet as the story progresses. Like ‘Baby I can cross dress too’ had a much more fun vibe to it, but ‘Lights’, ‘Fun’ and ‘Splashes of Craziness’ have this sense of sadness to them.

Have I mentioned how much I love the fact that the songs connect to their respective chapters? I think its genius!

“Hi Rhys, I‘m here to talk to you about your problems and save you from a future of sadness and regret.”“Go away.”“Alright. By(e) then.”

I can completely imagine that happening! Tillie is so adorable, coming up with a plot to get Rhys happy again. ‘inner Swan’! Haha, I saw this show called Swan once, and these women had to undergo plastic surgery (liposuction, facelifts and whatnot all for free) in order to become a swan – the catch? There are no mirrors for them to look at until the very end.

And Gah! Chloe! I think that she is honestly the only character from your story that I rather dislike. Still, characterization wise, I think you’ve done a brilliant job with her. She’s surprised us all with how mean she is, but at the same time there’s a sense of ‘yeah well, it’s Chloe, she could probably do worse.’ You know? (I don’t know if I’m making myself clear). And Ugh! Her ungratefulness! Please let Rosie slap her the minute she sees her.

Oh, and I wanted to mention how Rosie seems to be more outright recently. Maybe Tom and Tillie are really making her come out of her shell, but in a more subconscious way.

And wow, this twist about Tom – I never expected that! You know, I would’ve imagined that Tom would rub it in her face or something, but he hasn’t at all, instead he asked as a favour for her to make him meet Jack rather than saying ‘Your sister destroyed my car and nearly killed me – make me meet Jack’. I think there might be more to Tom than Rosie think (or it might just be me being hopeful).

You know, for the longest time I have held this suspicion that Tom likes Rosie, not entirely in a ‘crush’ sense (although I do sometimes wonder) but more in a ‘friends’ sense -he doesn't seem to have many himself.

Oh and to neutralize your Michael J Fox BTTF point, I shall bring out the fact that Einstein was a Piscean. And without Einstein we’d never know that e mc2.
EleanorDear chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
I think if i ever met Cleo on the street i would pretty much have to beat her up and slap her around. She drives me crazy. I really like Tom's character though. i'm super excited waiting for the next chapter.
Crimson Roses chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
Loved the chapter. I can't wait for the next one. I know that the conversation between Rosie and Tom will be rather interesting...
aphroditeseyes chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
Haha, I don't think there was anything wrong with the chapter. It was...sunny. It made me feel happy. And it was very funny. You definitely have a talent for humour.

(And I loved the chapter title)

Btw, are we ever going to meet Jack? Is he going to turn up, like, right at the end? Or not at all? Is Rosie schizophrenic? *gasp*

I've probably mentioned this in every other review but I love Tilly's character. Not sure I'd want to meet her, but I do love her...

Anyways, well done with this chapter. As I said, it cheered me up.

I hope you update soon!

(Oh, and thanks for taking the time to review my stuff. It was really sweet of you :D)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
Hiya there! Yeah, got your email. Dunno if you've got my reply... anyway, that conversation between Rosie and Tillie will end up in something unexpected, huh? And yeah, saw what Cleo did in this chapter there. If anything was to go by IMO, then Cleo, to a certain extent, is crazier than Tillie. I dunno why. I just feel that way. And yeah, wonder what Rosie will say to Rhys and will she even convince Tom to drop the charges. One quesyion though: Is Rosie the older of the siblings? And yeah, Puppy in my Pockets, Cheeky Girls and GBH... wonder what these words mean...
where's the deactivate button chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
He wrote a song about Tillie? o_O; It *must* be her, after all. No wonder she's as odd as she is.

Rosie seems... like a gray person. Which is a good thing, because you know they're too real to fly off the face of the earth, even if their minds are kind of floating...

Argh, ignore my nonsencical mutterings. Migranes distrupt my train of thought. But I love the story, nonetheless.
toxic-noodle725 chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
hey i dont blame u 4 doin wut u had to do. man i havent written anything in months! i do have to admit i was terribly confuzzled when i read this cuz i forgot wut's been goin on...i guess i'll have to read it again to find out. so seriously when's jack gonna get in the picture?
sarah chapter 15 . 8/11/2006
please update soon. i know that's a lot to ask since you just updated today, but i still can't wait. i love your songs as well. theyre so creative. if egburt 2 was real because they would be my favorite.
Jen calculates chapter 14 . 8/2/2006
This chapter seems... different somehow. I reckon it's written the same way, it just seems different. Good different. I speak some nonsense. Heat is such a guilty pleasure.

The first time you say Cleo's in "Henton" and second you say "Hinton". Accent or typo?

And I don't know what's wrong with me. Loads of things recently have been making me cry. When the old guy dies in Big Fish, Ray LaMontagne's cover of 'Crazy'... it's quite strange. Study leave! I'm so jealous, I want study leave. This summer holiday isn't even one, because of work and blah. Blah blah.

I used to be called 'Jenneh', just to assure you that I'm not rambling to you for no reason.
392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 .. Last Next »