Reviews for The Obsession with Jack
bluz chapter 14 . 6/19/2006
I can honestly say that I’m not 100 percent sure of what’s going on in the story, yet there an appealing pull towards the story that makes me want to continue on reading, and find out what this all about. If I’m mistaken, I’m guessing that you gave your tittle that name because of Tillie.

Then their the whole hospital thing with Rosie, is it a mental hospital, and why is she in there in the first place. ? Well can’t wait til the next chapter, to hopefully find out some of my wondering questions.
Helena Evangelist chapter 14 . 6/17/2006
Wow, I've just read this whole story and I love it! Truly amazing, luv. Great summary too...good summaries are scarce these days, especially from me. Anyway, hope you update soon. Cheers!-MHB
coinoperatedbecca chapter 1 . 6/17/2006
This is an awesome story, I love it, and I love the plot! You've got me hooked!

~~Becca
the naked civil servant chapter 14 . 6/16/2006
WAH! i was most ecstatic to see you had updated. eveything about this is hilarious & excellent - Rosie, Tillie & Tom are all wonderful and insane :P. i am Intrigued by the jazzy darkness of that cryptic intro thingy... hope you update soon! x
NOT ON FICTIONPRESS chapter 14 . 6/16/2006
hey this is Lacyoriginality, from her other name, since I've got two now, but unimportant...anyway I loved this chapter...and btw thanks for the review, and also I know what you mean, by updating being hard, after you get older, school does give a lot of homework and in my case way to much..
RedBerries chapter 14 . 6/15/2006
People don't know who Ian Beale is? The shame! It's wierd shifting out of American high school (or the most common FP fic) mode and then reading one of your oh-so-British updates ! I love it! Blame my eccentricity on my serial deprivation of life at the moment. Sitting at home revising for my A-levels seems to have a shocking impact on my mental health.
mooeymalaise chapter 2 . 6/13/2006
Also, I do trust your superior judgement, but I wish that you would unravel some of the mysteries. The first chapter still hasn't been "explained"! I'm dying of curiosity here.

And more Egburt2 songs (please) :)
malaise chapter 1 . 6/13/2006
I'm certainly obsessed. I'm obsessed with Jack, I'm obsessed with Rosie, I'm obsessed with this story, and I'm-though this might frighten you-you. Seriously. I'm curious about the person behind such an umbazing story. I checked our your livejournal, but I can't related it to this. I'm not implying that I'm assuming Rosie is a reincarnation of you, but I am baffled because I did expect SOME part of the livejournal to relate to this story! Anyway, I've reviewed before, and so I'll probably repeat myself-I'm very repetitive; it's a bad habit-but that's how strongly I feel! I was inspired because I just read the latest chapter, and the writing is just so damn good. Everything is good, really.

I love Rosie's accute, honest observations. I love her perspective on life and people; her outlook on everything in general. Sometimes it's irritating, but I love her "gentle" personality as well. Very refreshing. Though her thoughts are biting, her actions-for example worrying about her little bitch of a sister (whom I want to kill)-aren't.

I love the other characters too. Rosie's sister annoys me. Tillie annoys me-I'm already viewing her as a "rival". Rhys needs to be brought down a notch. Tillie needs to be shaken. But they're all really real to me. I'm sure there are a lot of British writers here, but yours is the only (good) story on fictionpress that I'm aware of, that has its setting in Britain. Of course I adore the British phrases and glimpses into British things. Like chips. It took me a while to realize that chips were french fries. I remember, when I was in Scotland as a young girl, some family friend took me to have "Fish and Chips", and I kept waiting and waiting for the potato chips (I think you call them crisps?) Anyway this has nothing to do with your story so I'll stop.

Back to the characters! I personally don't think Tom is such a horrible person-Rosie certainly hates him, but I think there's more to him. Certainly many of her observations about him and his "arty" pretentiousness are true. It's like those "emo kids on myspace". They're the most annoying, pseudo-philosophical, self-satisfied little twits ever. I can't stand their self-proclaimed profundity, and their claims to "originality" make me laugh. Scratch that. Growl. By the way, this has a point. BUT, like Tom, they're just people too. What I'm saying is, though they're kind of stupid, many of them are perfectly harmless, affectionate little creatures. I think Tom is like that too-yes, he may be condescending and all that; at the same time, he seems more well-meaning than Rosie seems to think. We are 14 chapters into the story and have never met Jack in person (a truly original quirk; I love it)-which leads me to suspect that something may come of Tom and Rosie's strange relationship. Hehe.

I also beyond love your writing style! It's hard to describe. It's just so... well, you never waste words. It's very unpretentious. Yet your writing isn't bare or anything. Erghmuffn.

Question- what are e-numbers? I read it somewhere in the story, and I've been wondering ever since.

I know I used the word "love" a lot in this review. But I meant it, every time.

Waiting for your next update!-Mooey
toxic-noodle725 chapter 14 . 6/13/2006
i'm rather curious of this story. this whole obsession w/jack. ohh! maybe shes a clone/twin of jack...nah. well anyway i wanna know y she's in a hospital...and wut really happened! so u have to update soon!
murderprotocol chapter 14 . 6/12/2006
Yay, an update! I've been waiting for one of these for ages!

Okay, before I forget, a singlet is, seeing as you asked in a review you left me, a sleeveless shirt. Apparently, they're called 'wifebeaters' in America. Weird.

So many moments in this made me laugh. Tillie, Tom, Rosie's mum... I must admit I relate with Rosie. I'm such a brickwall myself, and I definitely am the queen of conversing with myself.

Oh, I'm so curious now to what Tom's deal with Jack is, and I'm eager for Rosie to meet Jack. Clearly there's some drama to be had between them.

Anyway, good luck with school and all that jazz. Look forward to more as always, and thank you for your reviews. They always make me smile like you wouldn't believe. (And secretly, I'm a Harry fan girl too, and he's mine!)

Crimson Roses chapter 14 . 6/12/2006
LOVED this chapter! Love this story! And thanks for liking the new name, hehe I think I've finally decided to keep this one after changing it a million times. This story is just awesome, seriously. The best one on FP.
pangur chapter 14 . 6/12/2006
well, now that i am past confusion, your story is absolutely lovely. it's just like odd and cool how seemingly everything revolves around jack and rose hasn't even met him. actually, for a split second while reading this chapter, i wondered if maybe tom WAS jack. but, that's ridiculous and i'm stupid, so to hell with that idea haha. anyway, i'm glad that you update, and i'm hoping for a happy ending :)
bluz chapter 6 . 5/26/2006
I really, really like the way this story it's going. It's so unlike the typical romantic things that i've read, so can't wait to read the rest of the chapters
the naked civil servant chapter 13 . 5/20/2006
i love you! i actually love you! please update! this is gorgeous and amazing and i adore tillie! gah! gah!
pangur chapter 13 . 5/20/2006
i just read your series, and i admit that it was a bit confusing at first, but now it's getting good :) rhys is an asshole. and cleo is a bloody wench eh. when is rosie going to meet jack? dun dun dun that should be interesting :) anyway, i'm a member of b.u.g. and i voted positively for your story, so good luck with that, and update soon! -haley
392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 .. Last Next »