Reviews for The Obsession with Jack
where's the deactivate button chapter 11 . 2/27/2006
Wait a sec... the interviewer is Millie? THE Millie? Or a different Millie? *is getting way too paranoid*

Ah, the detention essay. Joy. I got one of those in 7th grade for being tardy three times *sheesh*. I was furious that they were comparing me to those who likes skipping school, but heh, I survived. Barley...
Crimson Roses chapter 11 . 2/27/2006
I loved this chapter. One of my favorites so far, and it gives us some hints as to what's going to happen...hehe.

"Oh, it’s Johnny the possible narcoleptic with issues in confidence and respect."

Hahaha, that line made me crack is my favorite story on FP, hands down. Really, when I saw that it was updated, I was like, "Yay!" Haha. I hope I don't seem like a suck up. Ok, this review is getting a little long. You have better things to do than read my rants. :)
citrus scented chapter 6 . 2/25/2006
oh man this just gets better each time i read it. sometimes i can sadly relate to rosie...i mean i used to be like that at parties when i was a kid and its just awful. it adds such depth to have a narrator with a flawed personality instead of this perfect golen girl . plus this is so hysterical:

"Oh dear. My delirious sessions could be fun in small doses, as they lowered my inhibitions slightly, but they hardly ever ended well." ...hehe i know where shes coming from :S

"“I’m weird,” said Tillie. She smiled sadly and made a strange, high-pitched coughing . Well thanks for that."- haha crack up.

"So I shared the ideas of a stoned lunatic, now that was comforting. " :P love it. i cant wait for the plot to develope even more; and to find out where tillie fits in. this is so good, love it.
NO LONGER USING chapter 10 . 2/23/2006
oh i feel so sorry for her, this is really sad, and i loved it...this tom guy sounds interetsing...even though he's trying to help, he does seem sort of oushy , but the again maybe she needs that...lol. anyway great chapter keep updating...
citrus scented chapter 5 . 2/23/2006
wow you go to that school too? heh; small frikkin world- i kinda know someone who goes there too. kinda in a friend of a friend kind of way. anyway; just found that a bit spooky was all!

anyway; another great, deep and just absorbing chapter. its so funny - it makes mundane normal life so witty and almost enjoyable hehe!

"Cleo breathed out heavily for longer than seemed natural, and stared vacantly at the beige curtains for a while, as if she was actually thinking about something. Cleo did sometimes have thoughtful moments like this, but they were few and far between – a person could waste their whole life just waiting to see one."- i just cracked up at that bit, hehe. genius.

"Oh…My…God. I had received a text message. Well there was something that didn’t happen every day. I could’ve practically died of shock. I took out my phone and read the message."- i love that- god, sadly enough i can sometimes relate to that :P anyway; love this. so much. cant wait to read more; find out more...gah.
Alteng chapter 10 . 2/14/2006
I am quite myopic indeed . . . you might liken to blind. Don't ask where I know this word from!

Anyway, yeah, Rosie is having issues indeed. Of course, it is hard to be yourself when you are a teen. I don't know what to think about Tom. In a way, it did seem that he wanted her to break out and be herself. Still, it does make you wonder why no one will do anything when there are predators out there, or is it just all the peering and what not in our mind.
Hester Inkmaid chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Again, I'll leave a longer review later, but I HAD to say this:

The entire idea of "meeting" or "finding out" about someone through their old Mp3 player is abso-fucking-lutely brilliant! putting aside everything else (charcters, writing style etc) the plot captured me from the start.. AH intrigue I can't wait
justanotherdeadaccount chapter 10 . 2/13/2006
Wow. I'm so glad that FP is legal again!

This chapter was amazing, as usual, and Rosie was a darling, the poor dear. I actually felt trapped myself whilst I was reading the part of Tom 'cracking' her.

I'm a bit confused about Tom though, I'm not certain if he really was trying to help or if all he was really trying to do was help Rosie in his own way.

Gosh, if only Egburt 2 was real, I'd love to listen to their songs. You are officially the best song writer on FP.
rrmehta364 chapter 10 . 2/12/2006
whoa, that's really, really mean of everyone in the class. I still can't see a teacher just let someone get humilliated though. Anyways, I never expected Tom to be the cruel type.

oh, btw- I was expecting Malfoy to have an extremely important role in the prophecy, just because he takes up so much of Harry's time. I still think Harry is the chosen one, but considering all their simmilarities, Malfoy is technically possible.
citrus scented chapter 3 . 2/11/2006
. christ ur just so hilarious, seriously. i mean theres funny and then theres stories that just make me burst out laughing- and yours is one of the burst out laughing ones. but then at the same time, theres so much more to it then mindless humour and sly digs at fat balding dads( not that im complaining!) just a real good find, im glad i came across it. also i love the fact that finally theres a descent british story out here! sometimes I often doubted whether fictionpress was even available in the uk -and i just got it by mistake- but you have fully restored all faith. anyway enough babbling, great chapter.
citrus scented chapter 2 . 2/11/2006
oh god the brilliance. ifeel something as good as this deserves a proper long thoughtout review , but i just dont know what to say its so damn good! really excellent writing; sucks you in and keeps you there- always waiting for the next line. The storyline and characters are unclichéd in such a normal way...like they're so believable and solid. and god, can i just relate to some of the things too. i love: "That smell of tack and new paper floated out into my nostrils and I inhaled as I pulled my results sheet out. " - how you pay attention to all the little details that make up a moment, a emotion and all that. "It smelt nice and reminded me of eating fish and chips and watching Gladiators on a Saturday night, back in the glorious days of Blind date and Roy Walker." - hehe gladiators! classic! anyway this is just pure gold of a read, cant wait to continue. i want to see whats going on with the mp3 player and all, and who Jack is... really you've got me hooked already!
Crimson Roses chapter 10 . 2/10/2006
Wonderful chapter. I really can't wait for when the plot starts moving like you said, but it does give the reader time to guess what happens. Mystery, hehe.
murderprotocol chapter 10 . 2/9/2006
Great filler chapter! It gives us more of an insight into Rosie as strange as Tom's methods were. I think it shows that there really is something wrong although she convinces herself there isn't. Mrs Harris was a bitch though - she should have bloody well kicked Tom out. Making Rosie cry! What an arsehole!

Myopia is a beautiful word. I really must use that somewhere - once I look it up of course. :)

To be honest, if Eggbert 2 were a real band, I'd probably be their biggest fan. And secretly, I like Tom. I've no idea why.

I'll be waiting for more, but no rush. I know all about hectic scheduals.
pixierose chapter 10 . 2/9/2006
Libera me, dominede morte die ila tremendaIn die ila...Quando coeli moven di suntQuando coeli moven di suntet terraDum veneris judicare saeculum per ignem.

But yeah, this is the first story I have liked on here for about a year. Keep it up.
insert clever alias chapter 10 . 2/9/2006
I seriously love this story. Rosie is one of my favorite protagonists of all time. Your style is great, and the characters are very real. Please, keep up the incredibleness.
392 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 .. Last Next »