Reviews for LMHtB
Anon chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Please re-post the old version. I read it once, ages ago, on FF and would like to again. It seems you gave up altering the story from Atwater-Rhodes' universe, so at least re-post the initial story you had?
Floppy125 chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
no... I wanted to read it.. Before reading a story Ii read the reviews, and yours were so good that it made me want to read your story (... anyway... please PM me if you are going to re-publish it
Baka-Pyros chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
So... it's been far longer than a year sinc eyou put up that little notice...

Are you gonna do anything with this? Or even repost your old version?
Error 404 Page Does Not Exist chapter 1 . 4/20/2008
whew I was wondering why there were only five chapters XD I'm slow
A.V.Mackie chapter 58 . 11/23/2007
This amazing story, while brilliant, is totally gonna make me fail Philosophy. I'm meant to be writing an essay for 2 days time and I've spent the last 3 or so days reading this utter highest quality work. I absolutely love everything about this story, at points when I thought you'd kill off a character or keep one alive, where I thought it would be good for the story, you went in a completely different way than I thought you would and I was constantly amazed with how it added to and built upon everything. I am in awe of your skill with writing, I do believe I have never read anything on FP or in a published novel as good as your work. I can't see you not getting this published some day soon, and when you do I will rejoice in owning a copy of your work.

Now, I must resist starting to read the sequel until I'm done with that evil essay, getting to read LmHtD will spur me on to write faster and (hopefully) better. Otherwise I'm just gonna sit here enthralled and get nothing else done.
SaraLuffsYou chapter 59 . 11/23/2007
Wow. I don't know how to describe how amazing that was. I felt like I was reading a real book, it was that good. I love the little quirks you gave each character (Christian's rubber duckies, Raine's unicorns, etc). I just love it.

I noticed quite a few typos/spelling/grammatical errors. If you would like, I could go through and correct them, and send you the corrections? I could also correct the name changes for you. I love this story so much. I'm definitely going to be reading the sequel. I hope you turn this into a book someday! Anyway.. if you would like my help with the corrections, just email me!

Kudos to the awesome story.
A.V.Mackie chapter 11 . 11/22/2007
I'm just reading through this story I lmao at that last bit with Chris and Peter, that so wouldn't have working my my high school. By 6th year everyone made gay jokes with everyone else although almost no one was actually gay, ahh good memories, thanks for that.
Singing for Absolution chapter 1 . 11/10/2007
holy shit. i've read the whole thing already, and the other story. i'm really addicted to them. first off, i would like to point out that your Christian reminds me of a certain tiny, pale, black haired, blue eyed man named Matthew Bellamy. also voted sexiest by NME and Cosmo. that probably influenced my attraction to the story, but either way it was fantastic. i have a love for alice in wonderland (as it was an attack on the government. we don't get along) and thought that there was just enough contreversy. i stayed up late for the past 5 days trying to finish these and finally did! thanks, and cheers! -Cydonia
Lyra chapter 18 . 7/6/2007
It's spelled "macarena" xD
AJS chapter 58 . 6/15/2007
Confusing ending, but you sure can tell a story (: This is insanely long but gripping and so so addicting! I love this world that you've created. I want to read more but I won't since you haven't updated your sequel in forever and it's nowhere near being even close to finished. I have to say that the beginning of this was rather slow and at times I just wanted to skip skip skip because it was just tedious, but once I got into the story, I was really hooked.

WHAT HAPPENED TO RAINE! T_T I don't get it! And how did Christian not know about the child? Didn't he come in at the last part and hear Gabriel talking about killing Raine AND her child? There seemed to be a lot of aspects in this story that I hoped you'd exploit but didn't. I guess they weren't very important though but they still would have been nice touches to add.

So I'm kind of confused in regards to Raine's age and her (im)mortality status. Is she just forever stuck looking like she's 17 now? How does that really work? Wouldn't all of the other pyrokinetics been stuck in their 13 year old bodies then, since that's the age they usually start at? I had just assumed that Raine was stuck at 17 but then you talked of her birthday and I started doubting that assumption... Also, Christian's height seemed to change throughout the story. First he was 4 inches taller than Raine, then 5, then 7?

I really wish that Christian (btw, LOVE that name) could have found out that he was a father. And everything else. But they didn't get the chance at all. It definitely feels more like something that's to be continued than an actual ending.

But I feel like I'm being too pessimistic. Maybe it's because I'm a little bitter that Christian & Raine never really reunited in the end. Ugh. But anyways yeah. The magic in here is amazing. Your descriptions are very vivid and it seems like you have this entire world mapped out and know it cold. It's pretty amazing.

You're a great writer; you could definitely make a career out of it. I really hope that you get around to updating and finishing the sequel to this as well because I'm dying to read it but I hate reading incomplete things. I feel that it kills the mood and everything seems just less effective to the reader if they read it chapter by chapter with months in between. But I miss Christian & Raine together :( I think I'm a little weirded out by the fact that Raine was Sashia, even though it's supposed to be romantic, and I guess it kind of is, the whol concept of soulmates, but it's just shocking and hard to imagine. I keep seeing their personalities as completely different, but I guess we didn't get that much of Sashia. I always just imagined her as the sweet little girl who matched the sweet little Christian 400 years ago. Completely different people, but now that I look at details, I guess not.

Your use of foreshadowing is amazing, and you had so many twists in places that I wouldn't have even expected them. I'm wondering how Marry did a complete 180 degree turn by the end, because that process didn't seem very gradual. I'm also confused about Malachi. He's an asshole, we know, but by the end was it that he loved Raine as a lover not a daughter? Was that was he implying or whatever? That got kind of confusing.

Your characters are so complex. I guess we never did find out all that was bothering Christian. So many things were left unanswered that I feel this story is a little incomplete. I guess that's what the sequel is for but you could have perhaps wrapped it up a bit more here.

Anyways, your writing is great. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story of yours! I hope you aren't offended by my confusion or my criticisms because I really did like this. It's just that I keep thinking and thinking about it and I begin to wonder what about this and that and I am still very bummed about Christian & Raine & their unborn child :(

Keep up the great work! Please please please continue your sequel!

- Alyssa
Victoria Noble chapter 1 . 5/17/2007
I love your writing!
lucky2606 chapter 43 . 5/17/2007
I really like your story! Disturbing at times, but good nontheless.

But Mozart was in fact austrian and not german. That small error really hurt my austrian pride

Anyway, I'm 15 chapters from finishing and I hope Gabriel, the creep, won't do anything, although he probably will.

So, I'll cary on reading, bye
LifeisCereal chapter 59 . 4/6/2007
I think you are an awesome writer. A friend of mine referred your story to me and I must say you paint the cavas for the masterpiece of stories quite fantastically. There were some little grammical errors that I noticed but I don't know if you wanted to be aware of them or not. Your story is very impressive!
novelist742 chapter 58 . 4/5/2007
Aw -squeals-

YAY, off to read the sequel as soon as I review!

-coughcough- you know how the mom was always sleeping around at the beginning?

-sighs-

I can totally relate to Raine and her mom. My own mother is sleeping on MY bed with my bookbag, notebook, and a jumble of other things crowded around her. -sighs- so lazy...

ANYWHO:

Great story! Absolutely amazing. I laugh, I cried-mostly cried. T.T

It was beautiful, touching and a wonderful adventure! I'm glad I read it.

-novelist742
novelist742 chapter 44 . 4/5/2007
May I say: I just love your personality along with your writing.

That note on the top really impressed me and had me thinking what a great, independent and intelligent person you are. I'm really impressed with you and your writing.

I've had a few reviewers like that on my other account on but I never really knew how to deal w/ them. Because of that, I was really amazed how well you dealt with that. .

It made me wanna do a little dance of happiness.

-coughcough-

Anyway, wonderful story! I love how you have rare typing errors (it's hard to find good spell-checked stories like yours) and your plotline is dramatic enough to keep the reader going.

Great job, keep it up, and I'll review later.

-novelist742