Reviews for I take the black sea with my black coffee
Disturbing Enigma chapter 1 . 2/10/2006
Great. I loved the line "to get one more verse to spill from it." Awesome!
Pelirizado chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
I'll take a black sea with black coffee any day. I was drawn to this title. Say anything about coffee or religion and I read it (sometimes don't get too far with the "religious" ones though) I miss Seattle. Anyway, nice flow, and great phrasing. I'll get around to reading more writingDaniel
Dr. Rex Greylin chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
I know the feeling.

Very well written and I like the way it flows. It reminds me of one of my own works in telling what its like to need to write.
vintagewrath chapter 1 . 10/24/2005
cheers to that. great atmosphere. obsession over obsession?

You have very keen insight.

sincerely,

Tom Jode's Understudy
astral boy chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
That was amazing. It captured how I feel... almost perfectly. Well I at least interpreted it as struggling with being original and not repetitive in your writing? That’s how I feel, like everything I write has the same rhythm and the same boring effect on people... But I love your style and think it's very original. Thanks very much for all of your reviews as well.(This is a favourite...)
Teah Marie chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Is there a story behind this? Do you realize how many ways this can be interpreted? Oh. btw, thanks for the review, I really am just another agnostic pessimist(way too common). Hope you like my other stuff!
dooley creel chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
" Rich jewel in an Etheope's ear," I read a piece by Maisha Mafuriko just yesterday or the day before where she also said she drank strong coffee at midnight, though if I was going to do that, being on a deck where I could also smell the ocean would be much better, actually the smell of coffe and pungent surf would be just fine. Writing with rhyme was kind of embarrassing so I'm glad youliked it. The experience was interesting, I have never allowed myself to be so constrained. Nasty short sentences the burden of rhyme, yet it did force me to look at words in a different and more ininsightful way. I might try it again, there is a line and an image which has planted itself in my head, " from match to wick the small flame passed." The attempts at haiku have also been elucidating, as Garrison Keillor says after his,' Wrters Almanac,' " Be well, do good work." dc
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
good, really good! _ I like it. :)
AlwaysAmberella chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
What can I do if i have run out of words? Well Done.

Solo.
its just me RP chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
First: thanks for all your nice reviews. Most of what you have been reading is a few years old as the person they were written for and to is no longer in my life. It doesn't hurt anymore, so I can share them now.

As for your poem, it reminds me that since I no longer have an "obsession", there will be fewer things to post here soon. It was a 3 year burst of writing that has since dried up. But not to worry, my life is happy and I no longer need to get things off my chest, out of my brain, and onto paper.
Kasatriya chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
This is a wonderful poem! I like it!
flaming.footprints chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
Deep and Very true. I am so OCD. Nicely done .

Shavo
RedHairedWriter chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
a pen, some coffee and a sea of emotion (or experince) is what every poet needs, whether they know it or not... fasinating poem...

P.S pencil's cool too you just have to remember not to press hard.
grip chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
best description yet. i find myself in your poem
Rois in Winter chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Lovely. 'Obsession, or obsessing over the things that make you feel something, anything' that is so amazingly true, or at least how I feel a lot of the time while I'm writing. Perfect description for it.
39 | Page 1 .. Last Next »