Reviews for betty bell, london bridge
young and the reckless chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
first off, i have to thank you for one of the most interesting murder cases i've ever read.

secondly, your piece is so amazing

"so young and so impure-

honestly, we all know.

yes, everyoneinthisroom knows whose faultitis."

,,that's so fantastic in its eerie fashion.

great great job.
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
Spent all English I should've been editing reading up on Mary Bell. I watched a remake of her story on Law and Order once, but the truth is so much more interesting. And sad. Murder makes me sad, you know? Not in a bawling way, or even in a frown way. Just in a...I can't explain it, not at all. Maybe I'll write a poem about it someday, since I'm beginning to feel that's what they're for, and that's what you did here.

I pictured marching people in my head, with pitches and fitch forks. They had an anthem, and it was peppy, but everyone cried.

Jules
do not resuscitate chapter 1 . 8/18/2006
i love this. the last lines are so haunting. beautiful.
HellHeartedlyBent chapter 2 . 6/26/2006
that was silly-beautiful. keep it up
the naked civil servant chapter 1 . 1/28/2006
.o.h.m.y.g.o.d.y.e. perfect? i am so fucking obsessed with murder : thank god someone shares my addiction - giving names never really helps. beautiful and painful. excellence, in screaming.
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
You seem to use a rhythm in your poetry. When I'm writing, I canh always hear a rhythm in mine too (well, most of the time). I like the emotion you had in here. Very nice. :)
notACTUALLYwriting chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Wow. Ouch.
hey maria chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Feels like music; it flows so well Love the images this brings to mind. The las line is my favorite - so powerful, so intriguing. Sadly, I don't understand this poem, but it's beautiful nonetheless. It has this haunting, other-wordly quality to it and it's so very unforgettable.
smile persephone chapter 1 . 9/10/2005
This is gorgeous. Love the imagery, it's slightly haunting and mysterious. The beginning three stanzas are just wowamazing.
lackluster chapter 1 . 9/9/2005
you wrote such a magnificent story in just this one poem, and so beautifully tragic. i mean, it's just awe-worthy.

i love the ending stanzas, they feel more lyrical in a way. amazing.
Nothing Profound chapter 1 . 9/8/2005
I do not really understand it, but there is something about it that I simply love. This is very well-written, and I like the comparison with the antique photograph. Nice job.