Reviews for Revolution 101
Dash Trudeau chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Oh, the battles are won not in poems, but that is a marching song well sung by the pen! I too, ahve a story of a revolution 101, yet, it is global, and hath fire to spread to others, if you wish to have your say, please, by all means, check out mine, a have at the world's corrupt politicians,in the fictional setting of course.
rakira9 chapter 1 . 10/10/2005
i agree! keep this up!
RedXfire chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
wow that was awesome and very cool, o yeah its been a whil but i got around the school work and hanging out to review still got 201 to go from other people ahahha
jaepoe chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
Loved the rhythm of this poem, up tempo and catchy, message was great too.
Insane Pagan Chicken chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Amen. I propose we all print this poem out and hide it in our skool groups' social studies textbooks! That is, if one is still in skool. Anyway, *fave*.
Rachelle Ramos chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
I, personally love this poem. It's very bold, and flows wonderfully. I suggest you submit this one. HOWEVER, (that's right there is a however) the implications (though subtle) of violence and whatever might not go too well with the english department. Might cause a raucous with them. But submit anyways!
Ravyn Abject chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Yes! Just what I have been looking for in a poem! I am sitting my school library and wanting to stand up and shout this poem to all the other children here! Thank you so much! This made my day! I would not have writen this poem any other way.
holocaustpulp chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
You mention revolution, but in here I see no indications that this involves the lower-class. In fact you say "our soldiers fought not knowing that their wonderful leaders had lied." That's not true at all - in Vietnam soldiers knew the war was pointless, so they fragged their officers, wrote newspapers, refused missions... Even in Iraq soldiers aren't disillusioned.

Now this was a nifty little piece; it was pretty creative (the whole revolution as a school class - that is what the struggle comes down to), and some of the wording in this was real catchy. The whole thing felt upbeat in an angry and hopeful way throughout the poem, and you definitely got your message across (one which I agree with).

However, I think the same message could have been voiced if the poem was shorter and not as repetitive. But trust me, you did a good job. Viva la Revolucion.

- HP