Reviews for There was once a part of myself here
Tr APeze-sWiNGer chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Haunting. It left me wanting more, but in a good way.
RevolutionaryJ chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Very descriptive, almost like I was in the car with you... I lost a friend to a motorcycle accident, then almost lost another friend a year later, so this piece hits hard.

All I can do is offer you the words of a friend: "Enjoy life while you're still alive, you never know when it will end."

Take care.

-Jimmy
AlwaysAmberella chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
I'm like on the verge right now, I can completely imagine every word. Amazing.

Solo.
Thoughtless-blazer chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
hey this is really nice! It's like a painting set up perfectly!

(and I agree about the America, I just needed a link for the poem, for something.)
method acting chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
I am commasionate right now, so this peice stands out for me. The ending seems jerky in my mind, but that only makes it all the more raw. Descriptions-not as half-told as I thought. I think you could have made them...different. Not better. Just different. i think you could have left this more open to new perscetption. But in any case, excellent peice.
SeaVoi chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Oh wow, I always have the same feeling! I am so sorry, I hope everything is alright with you.
hanfiddle chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Good picture (both in the sense of still and moving).I can picture it with quiet or muffled sounds in the background - to get an idea of what I mean you may want to listen to "Songs for Drella" (can't remember the title of the piece, but you'll know when you get to it) by Lou Reed and John up your work too: it's inspirational.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
vivid, i enjoyed itmuchly, nicely done
writerforever chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Interesting piece you have here. It's well written. I like it too :). P.s. About my poem "You Are", just thought I'd try to explain it lol. I'm not angry or anything. Everyone of us, we are all born into sin, we are wicked from birth. When I say wicked I mean we are sinners before God, unworthy of His love. But Jesus loved (and still loves) us so much that He came down to earth died on a cross so we could be saved through Him. We have to admit that we are nothing and that He is everything. Because He is everything good, holy, pure, everything good. Whereas we are everything that He is not. We can't help it that we're sinners and God knows that. Hope that helps a little lol.
Frosted Midnight chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
very interesting , i like it .
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
I. am. amazed.

the whole thing is just wonderfully conveyed into prose. fiction? you have versitial taste I see. the whole thing is gorgeous. beautiful, moving and utterly godlike. love it.

* noelle
backseats on thursdays chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
As always, well said and well done.
Starlight Maiden chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
A perfect portrayal of being strong...even in the worst of situations. A real eye-opener, it should be used in schools for drama/english/health and safety classes. An idea.
dooley creel chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Fiction? It sounds convincing, not only do I beleive you were there, it draws me in as well,a powerful, concise piece. dc
account not in use chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
wow. i love this, totally hits you when you least expect it, it's breathtaking and heartbreaking, amazing work.