Reviews for Definitions
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 10/12/2006
The description in this is wonderful. Everything just comes to life. I really like the first line, and then I can just really see the men with coffee cups of Styrofoam. Nice work. Keep writing! :)
sarah1491 chapter 1 . 10/7/2006
nicely written. good use of vocabulary, it works nice with the poem. :)
Galadh Niniel chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
Interesting, very unusual and well written. The many details you give of the statues etc really allow the reader to see the whole scene in his/her mind.
classic violet chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
Great ending. A very good poem, indeed. Thanks for your review!
Gilee7 chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
This is my favorite. I love the imagery, especially in the first stanza. I didn't even get this piece, but yet I really loved it. It's deep, too deep for me to comprehend. I don't really understand the last few lines of this piece, but who cares. This is a very good poem.
Jecai chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
More human than human? My impression is that the inanimate and constant elicit a sense of meaning personal interaction can't. Styrofoam as an insulator... Overdose seems to pertain both to the narrator and the men. Fondling rocks can be seen as excessive, as can their uncomtemplative of your writing is technically excellent. You don't seem infatuated with vocabularly or structure for their own sake; the words are a finely honed vehicle for meaning. I think you would do equally well in longer prose.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
your words hold certain deepness the message in this was great good work

keep writing!
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
I love the contrasts and mixing of seemingly different things as in the intimacy of warmth and life with the cold and concrete of marble
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
really cool... i love the first stanza... very interesting
Martin Peterson chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Excellent. The picture is simple yet neatly done, love the ending.

Matt
ShadowPharoh chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
very intriguing (if i spelt that word right). i really enjoyed reading it. fantastic job!

SP
Chandra-Moon chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
I love this! Your descriptions are so sharp..and I love the phrase "life gets itself explained."

Excellent, keep writing.
Lovejoy chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
DUDE! that was intense. I loved the way you refused to end the 'sentence' until the end of the stanza! And your description, your 'definition', your words just made the poem so imaginitive and inspirational at once. This was a truly excellent read! I don't think you can improve it at all!
lackluster chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
reading your poetry(and reviews) really has this impact on me, that you actually know what you're doing. few writers here are even that serious and i admire that. really, you can't say less than perfection for this. i love the little bits and pieces, imagery, the flow of it, the idea itself. second stanza is the better one, in my opinion. brilliant.
in theory chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
"Greekroman" I love that idea. This feels solid, concrete in tone and format. I liked it a lot.