Reviews for Tangled
feathertickle chapter 29 . 4/24/2009
I just discovered your story and I have to confess it's amazing. I read last night until about 6a.m. my time, and still this morning I woke up at 10 to read the remaining chapters. Thank God I'm still on my spring break.

Wow, as I kept reading, questions would pop out in my mind and right now I regret i didn't write them down or something.

You said somewhere that you find the Cam-Tess-Adonis triagle cliché. I tend to disagree. Ok, it's the whole girl loves boy, boy starts paying her attention, girl goes and befriends his best friend who must be the complete opposite of the boyfriend, BUT you made it so complicated and so complex that it looses it's shallowness. You stole away the trivial feeling of their interactions and I salute you because of that.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm a little confused about why Adonis and Cam are/were such good friends. Don't get me wrong, I realized when Cam dug up the picture of the two of them after practice that he was reliving a time with a different Adonis. But it seems Cam indured a lot of things from Adonis after his brother's death. Of course it's not pretty to abandon your friends on the time of need and Cam was raised as a gentleman, but (a lot of but's) to me it seems the pressure of maintaining such a friendship only adds to the internal turmoil Cameron is boiling under his skin.

I'm not a psychologist, although I tend to read people from the first glance and stick to the opinion I've formed then, but I remember from 'Anger Management' that Jack Nicholson was telling Adam Sandler that there are two kinds of angry people: explosive and implosive. Explosive is the guy you see screaming at the cashiet for not taking his coupon. Implosive is the chasier who remains quiet day after day and then finally shoots everyone in the store. HAHA, I love that movie.

Anyway, like Adam Sandler's role, I am the chasier. And it seems to me that Cameron had a seat in the same group. Correct me if I'm seeing this wrong. So after my thinking, Adonis is the explosive - and when you come to think about it, their type is the least dangerous - and his best friend is the implosive type - the most dangerous of the angry people.

After my deduction and complete explanation that I hope didn't bore you to death, I come with a conclusion: I can't wait - literally bitting my nails over here in anticipation - for the moment Cameron will go boom and kill/savagely wound everybody. Because from what I read until now it will be monumental and with even greater consequences. :) Am I right or am I right? :)

That reminds me...A little more info on Ellie? From Cam, Adonis and even that guy Hunter's reaction, she seems pretty important. What did she do to break Adonis even more than he was already broken? What really happened there at Berkeley? And does Lydia know about Ellie? Because it seems to me she doesn't.

Another thing that intrigued me: why the dog? Why the half breed? I mean I understand the need for Tess to have some being close to her, providing emotional and phisical support in the days her mother was in a bad shape, but why a half dog- half wolf? There are breeds of dogs that are renowned for their mental illnesses as they mature. : I know that because I saw it first handed with my first dog. Anyway, it isn't that important for the story I guess, it might've been a spur of the moment thing, but from how carefully constructed and filled with clues this story is, I can't help but wonder your motivation for choosing Kane.

Something Cameron said to Tess about Vera, that having feelings for someone contorts your vision, making you interpret things in a certain way, your heart choosing what to let you see clearly and what not to. Was it foreboding? From Tess's statement when Cameron asks her once again, at the end of the previous chapter, to give him time, it seems like it.

Umm, I'm embarrassed I wrote so much. So sorry if I bored you to death, but stories as good as your is, smart and still romantic is a very distant, crazy way - :) - make me want to talk and say every impression I had. Trust me, if I hadn't read your story on my cellphone - probably charging my bill a ton - I'd probably left a review every couple of chapters :D

Now, I can't wait to read more about C-T-A trio :D

Hugs
Poyo chapter 17 . 4/21/2009
Well, I've been far too preoccupied and caught up with your story to leave many reviews in-between. This is really great stuff! Aside from the minor errors (as I've mentioned before), this is quality work!

There's a whole lot of partying in this, which I'm not used to but it's not bad. I'm not a drinker at all, so I can't relate - but it all sounds quite believable.

Tess' personality is quite firm, and admirable. I always perk up whenever Adonis appears in your chapters, as I've been hoping for those two to become allies for a long time. Seeing Tess with Cam makes it harder to want her to end up with Adonis, and I'm thinking that that's close to impossible anymore. But friendship isn't as farfetched. Here's hoping!

Great stuff so far, I'll be reading so more later on!

Happy Reading & Writing!
Poyo chapter 13 . 4/21/2009
Wow, I haven't stopped reading for hours! I've still got a long ways to read, too. Which, I must admit, is a great thing. I'm liking this sort of demented love-triangle, especially because Tes is trying to play both sides smart.

She hasn't denied Cam, but she's trying to be careful. I'm eager to push on and see what the perscription medication is for, but I think I'll give the story a rest.

Adonis has feelings for Tes, or so I'd like to believe. It's undeninable, but it's as if the sensation is unfamiliar to him. He can't seem to get her off his mind, and yet when she's there - he reverts back to his stoic self. It's quite entertaining, and I think this story is a work of art.

Your writing is very nice, and aside for minor errors here and there, very eloquent. As I said before I'm not into the party scene, but from what I've read it feels believable to me. So, great job!

Happy Reading & Writing!
Poyo chapter 7 . 4/20/2009
Well, short review but I just wanted to throw in my two-bits about Adonis!

My guess? His problem might just be with women, maybe he was sexually abused at an early age by one? Or perhaps witnessed something of the sort?

O.o; Maybe not, but it's rather interesting and I like the suspense.

Onward!
Poyo chapter 5 . 4/20/2009
Ah, been a while since I last checked in - I'm also a slow reader.

Now things are starting to get juicy! Tension and jealousy? I actually like Riley a lot, sounds like the perfect amigo. I won't feel too bad for Cam if he loses his chance with Tess, seeing as he's keeping her at arms' length this whole time.

Needless to say, Adonis is a favorite of mine. With that bad attitude, and good looks it's safe to say he breathes life into your plotline. Riley or Adonis, hm.

Great work, I'll be moving onward!
Sylviana chapter 29 . 4/20/2009
Hey! Might've reviewed you before; can't remember. :D If I haven't, it's seriously about time because I've been following your stories for years. *grins*

I have to say, it really makes my day when I see that you've updated. And this chapter was killer! I can't begin to tell you how happy my heart is, now that Adonis and Tess have forged a deeper relationship (and him defending her against Hunter made my love for him that much deeper). At the same time, I can't help but think: "But what about Cam?" - which I suspect is your intention. I -wish- I could hate him, but he's just. So. Pitiable. In any case, I shall do the annoying thing and nag you to update ASAP! :P

P.S. If you ever have the time, I'd appreciate it if you'd have a quick read of my story and give me some feedback. Thanks!

P.P.S. Adonis... *drools*

P.P.P.S. I just remembered- I found a small typo at the end of the chapter- "Cameron’s eyes closed his eyes briefly". That's all.
Poppy chapter 29 . 4/19/2009
So basically, you've got me flip flopping like nobody's business. When first started reading, I loved Cameron. I could see why Tess put him on a pedestal. And a few chapters later, I found myself loving Adonis. Then Cameron had to turn all bad ass for five seconds and once again, he dominated.

And now. I'm totally shipping this Tess/Adonis thing. THAT is what I call a brilliant love triangle. :)

On a second note, excellent job of pulling the audience in. As a reader, I feel completely at sync with the story and characters. The story is drama-ridden but not to the point where it reaches pubescent emo status, a status which irritates me to no end. The tale you've woven and the people you've created are realistic and are very easy to get lost in.

Keep writing. It devastates me that I have to wait for the next chapter.
l'heautontimoroumenos chapter 29 . 4/18/2009
Another great story.

I loved the last sentence, no, in fact,scratch that. I ADORED it. It is ZE sign that all this will end badly and that Tess is bound to grow quite depressed in the next few chapters.

She will, won't she? Don't you dare tell me she won't. My french self does not possess the ability to cope with some happy jolly stuff(blame Baudelaire, Sagan, Villiers de L'Isle-Adam and Musset, they cursed us french people; it is the "thou shall always be depressed" curse, quite a notorious one).

Anyway, I'm going to stop babbling about curses, depression and dead french you very well KNOW what will happen to you if you don't update soon (evil seesaw, check ; mean-looking drill, check ; big and sharp knife, check ; etc, etc...),I guess I don't need to be as graphic as the past couple of times, do I? Time will tell, I suppose.
rosieroo chapter 29 . 4/16/2009
nice chapter! cameron is so... annoying! adonis has my vote ALL the way!

update soon!
Chelley chapter 29 . 4/13/2009
Okay.. this probably the best story I have read on here in ages.. Possibly even the best story I've read on here period. You are amazing at writing. Keep it up, and I am absolutely in love with Adonis and Tess, and the thought of them together. :) You're on my favorites and I'll be checking back anxiously for the next chapter! I cannot wait!
Trory4ever chapter 29 . 4/12/2009
this story is incredible. i am really loving every word. i can't wait to see what is going to happen next. I want to see some jealous adonis

keep up the amazing work
allthatmelodrama chapter 29 . 4/11/2009
Woow. Intense. Here's to hoping you'll update soon!

This story is brilliaantt. Dragged out just to show our brilliant it is.

And Adonis?

What a character!
cherrypiesizzle chapter 1 . 4/10/2009
I don't usually go for love triangles...but we'll see how this turns out.
Cjbo chapter 29 . 4/10/2009
The trouble in TessCameron paradise seems to be declining rapidily. I can't say that I'm surprised or unhappy about it. She just had him up on a pedstal for too long and now it seems like they can't exactly connect, if that makes sense...this is my favorite story ever and I can't wait for the next update!
cityflux chapter 29 . 4/10/2009
I really, really like this story.

Hope you update soon!