Reviews for Men's Rights
Andrea Lotte chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
Hahahaha...I like the ending. That was an entertaining read. Nice work. It makes you think! lol.
SpawnMeister666 chapter 1 . 9/27/2006
Of all the things I've read so far of yours, this seems to me to be the worst thing yet.

It just rambles on aimlessly, with no real point to it, or not that I can see anyway, and although reasonably well written it just doesn't catch my imagination at all.

I find myself asking the question, "what is this for" as I'm reading it, and while I've found practically nothing wrong with anything else you've written, this seems as if it's forced, and as if you didn't know what message you were trying to put across when you wrote it.

Spawny
Twist130 chapter 1 . 9/1/2006
Hmm.. this was very interesting... it really showed a different viewpoint on the matter. I really liked it! The last sentence really got me...
theKRITIC chapter 1 . 8/10/2006
That was really interesting. What a way to think...

Poor Alex. He doesn't really fit in, does he?
Ayumi Fujiwara chapter 1 . 2/3/2006
personaly, i can't really... uh... 'get into this' story as well as say... my friend Chris could. Probaly 'cause i'm a girl, but i can see the way you're thinking. i can't exactly... agree with the whole getting mad at girls for flurting, agreeing, ect. with those kinds of boys 'cause girls (at least what i know) think that we can change a boy's view. maybe i'm worng, bt that's sort of how we see it. or we just ignore it. it's really that smiple, but it's just.. that way. girl's like boys boys like girls, it just works that way. i think that it was a very good one-shot in the long run. i like that there wasn't a lot of dialoge, not like my stories. but anyway1 'twas a good story! i give it a 7 out of 10! -
ice flyer chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
Great piece. It's true that we don't really think of the flip side - I loved the last line. Really powerful. I also liked how you stuck in humor all throughout - "Alex could only listen to talk about sex for so long before he became bored" and all the other jokes. They really made it funny. Yeah, guys have a lot of social pressure on them. I still think though that in the majority of the world - not in high school or minor situations, but outside of that - it's a lot harder to be a woman. But anyways, valid points..good job :)
Shinnoippo chapter 1 . 11/19/2005
This was excellent. I've often thought long and hard about the sometimes hypocritical ideas about minority rights. If someone's getting special treatment, how is that equality? I also honestly beleive men get short-changed when it comes to their emotions.

The character of Alex is well made; I could sympathise with him easily, and I liked the way you subtly noted how disinterested the girls in the audience seemed to be. My only quip is that I don't know who the "sulking men in grubby jeans" are. You need to clarify about them a bit.

Otherwise, good job!
Weeping Duck chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Wow. This really made me think. Honestly, I'd never considered men's rights, and ouch, I know I've been guilty of calling guys gay just because they wanted to do something I considered feminine-like taking culinary arts or cosmetology classes. This was an incredibly interesting and enlightening piece that I think is really remarkable. Thank you for introducing men's rights to me. Excellent.
Pheobe Meryll chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
I usually try to stay away from the "contraversial" things here on fictionpress, but the title drew me to this piece and I had to read it. And I have this to say now: Not only are you a very good writer, you are very intelligent. Finally, someone who thinks the way I do about this issue!

You made very clear through the character of Alex the impact that ultra-feminists have had and continue to have of men and boys. Career women nowadays get so much sympathy it makes me mad looking at a career. I want to get hired because I'm a good worker, not because I'm a mistreated minority.

So few people realize that men and women can be different and still be equal. It saddens me as I read this to see that everything is real and this probably does happen to boys in real life.

Kudos for being brave enough to take this stance. It takes guts and intelligence to be strong in common sense these days.
The Chibi Queen chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
This is really good. I had never thought about men's rights before reading this. I guess I didn't really care.
Negasi chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
This was well written, and yeah now a days Women are treated very well.

One girl stabbed my friend with a pencil and she got off because she was a girl, if he had of done it he would have been charged.

But anyways this was really good.
Ares1020 chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Hey just have a few things to say. First this is a good one shot in that it holds attention. Second your grammar was (unlike mine) nearly flawless. One bit in the middle says he wander about being a ballerina, probably want wonder. Well I could go on but as im writing on a psp (think texting on a cell phone) ill wrap up. Off to read your other stuff!
DeathOnRepeat chapter 1 . 10/22/2005
Wow, I never really thought about it like that, but you're right, and it really isn't fair. People make such a fuss about minority rights, but then most of the time, the minorities have more rights then the majority.
Broken doll on a dirty shelf chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
I never really looked at it like that...Alex is a rather cute character, sort of avoiding this all, and being nervous of girls...and the last line, that really pulled this together well, a perfect end to a perfect story (excellent job by the way. -)

HarlequinPlease fix me...
somethingsup chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
I hate it when people treat men like they aren't supposed to act a certain way just because they're men. This issue isn't brought up often. Props to you for writing this. &_&