Reviews for School Spirit
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 11/29/2005
This is cute. I like the line "with no father, I've never watched this game before" b/c it adds a completely new dimension to the poem. And I also like the idea that electricity's in the air not only b/c of them but b/c the football team actually scored.
Roaine the Great chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I liked this a lot! A little humor, a little angst, romance...very, very good. Loved the last line, it was funny yet cute at the same time, and I liked the way you said it's not so bad instead of saying you loved it. So much more real that way...keep writing.
mothling chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
Wow, great poem. It's hard to write freeforms well, but you certainly accomplished it.
maxnotevoltage chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Hahaha! This is why I don't even pretend to understand football. Hahahahaha... This was great! -
eighteen hundred chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
I liked this, it told a sweet little story in a poetic way that wasn't disgustingly cliche. Nice piece.
mizu no kokoro chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
ha the way you narrated the poem made it unique and rather entertaining yet meaningful all the same good work

keep writing!
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
I love this; I'm just like you I only went to one football game in high school and I had no idea what was going (this guy that I was dating was on the team, but he was one of those players with a jersey but never actually played in a game) I was cheering for the other team and freezing my ass off; I was only wearing a T-shirt and it was like 40 digrees. This whole poem brought all of that back, I really enjoyed it, keep up the good work.

Much love,Juliet.