Reviews for Drought
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 7/4/2006
This is an interesting story. It has a fablish feel to it. I'm not sure if that's what you were going for, but that's the way it reads to me. I felt at peace reading it, as strange as that sounds, but the images and language in this are very soothing. Keep writing! :)
bookworm925 chapter 1 . 10/28/2005
'tis remarkable.
cypress chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
the imagery and especially the interweaving of superstition is lovely.i agree that the plot needs more fleshing-out in order to involve the reader in the interest of the protagonist. also, the gambling aspect is very interesting, but needs more integration into the nature of the protagonist to make it's relevance felt.
Reggie chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
very impressive.
randomrob chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
This has the earmarks of an overworked first attempt. The imagery and sense of place are well done. The main character seems fragmentary, though, and without purpose. Which makes his death meaningless. You have to have regard for your reader, physics223. A journey to nowhere is an irritating read. If you're shooting for existential, I recommend reading the short stories of Franz Kafka. And Ray Bradbury too.
Khushmu chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Hey dood long time. Here's my review.

In my opinion it's a notch above average but not really good. Why? Well it's because the flow of events are predictable. Too predictable in fact. And the plot is too straight-forward.

Try my earlier suggestion...

See ya.