Reviews for Into starlight
Todd chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
I cannot blam her for wanting time alone. As an Empress, her time and attention is almost constantly required for various matters, and she must hardly even have time to think. I think her husband is wrong, however, about her not being very dedicated to the cause of her land. She respects him as the Emperor, and therefore likely believes very much in Felerziel's well being. Just that she realizes her life will probably cease in the war, whether they win or not, and wants just a little time for herself before then. She must think they can afford that, and she is probably correct.

I wonder about this Silence, though. I think it might mean somehow ending her ability to cast spells...because of the meaning of music, her differentiating between Silence and death, and things which would be too spoilerish to post here.
K.A. Douglass chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
I don't remember you mentioning Aelùvandellë or Tùriallyilios before... but the mentioning of kwembans makes me think I know how they relate to another character that you have told me about.

I liked this; I liked the short glimpse into the lives of two people who had a responsibility to engage in war, and the differences in their actions regarding their fates. Aelùvandellë wanting just a little time longer under the starlight, how Tùriallyilios was ready to charge straight ahead into battle... both were understandable, despite being completely different. I think that's why I like this piece so much.

My favorite line in this is definitely-"Love would have been forgiving. Love would have allowed her to remain beneath the stars for a while, so that she could feel the grass and smell the lilies and listen to the singing of the heavenly bodies above. Love was patient, and kind. Love, then, was not a good leader in a time of war. Tùriallyilios was."
fire-breathing-kitten chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
Very beautifully written, and great imagery. I love the picture of this field at night...however, are you going to shorten your two characters' names at all? You obviously don't have to but they do have very long names.