Reviews for One Word
Nice ending, well written
TaltushMeiMei chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
So pretty, so beautiful!
bahaghari chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
There are elements in your writings that stands out (in my eyes) and that I like best.

1. The fluidity

2. The creativity

3. Your observant eyes and your ability to express them with eloquence.

4. The artistry (for they create pictures).

As for this piece, it's be-a-you-tiful.
die kleine maus chapter 1 . 2/27/2006
the vivid discription and the words you've chosen, they all flow brilliantly.i like the idea, even if spring has been written about so many times, this has a new idea to it. while i'm not sure of my own definition of poetry, i always thought it depended on what the writer wanted it to be, there is something very traditional and soul-felt to in terms of format, but the way you use language to make everything, i don't know, move..have life.
Kelly I chapter 1 . 11/16/2005
wow kinda makes you think a bit. I love it! -Kelly I
unheard stranger chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
awesome imagery as your bottom thing says lol. i could literally feel like I was there. very nice poem. and thanks for the review on mine.
sirskipsalot chapter 1 . 11/2/2005
Just looking at the first sentence of your authors note, I agree with you. It is supposed to be about elegance (or the purposeful lack there of). There IS no COMPLETE way to write. Writing is writing, and if we did it the same way, no one would find as much enjoyment. And as long as you understand your titles, and they make you want to read the poem, then I think it's fine. Thats what a title is for right? Well, sometimes to summarize the poem, and sometimes to get the potential reader hooked, and other times, to please the author, and to offer the author a sense of completion when they are done. Kind of like a literary FLOURISH! And if you have a profound style, all you can do is perfect it, so that the style is not only different, but...correct. So that no one can ever dream of touching your style, just because there isn't anything wrong. Thats where people w/ profound styles go wrong. They dont learn what their profound style is, meaning they dont know their own quirks. As long as you know that, you can work with it, and mold it to your own perception of literary perfection, but with that base of technical perfection. I make no sense...anyway, hope I helped. See? I turn 15, and now I'm offering up advice.
ChobiMM3 chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Indeed, very nice. Excellent imagery on this one.
curiouzkatt chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
brilliant! awe-striking brilliance!

"Waiting as the dim sky reveals a faint crescent"

i'm quite fond of the moon, and the night... this is really good! don't bother what those damn reviewers say, i don't know, there are just some who are out to ruin others, or just give them a bad day... poetry is speaking what your soul is feeling and what it wants to scream. poetry is truth of the soul. n_n
I still love music chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Oh, I know exactly what you mean. I left Fictionpress for about a year because of a very peculiar review. I can only conclude there are some very strange people out there hiding behind their computers.

Rest assured your poetry is beautiful -and I don't give praise lightly! I'm being very honest when I say you truly have the heart of a poet.
poetic abortion chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
*bows*

I worship too many gods. ;)

love this. seriously, your imagery makes me jealous to such a degree I am fuming. I adore the way you paint spring with such eloquence and clarity even a bufoon coukd understand the context of this piece. there are NOT enough words to express how gorgeous and (oh, the awful cliche) original this poem is set in my eyes. love, love, love it.

I'll bask in your brilliance from afar.

* noelle
Korashio chapter 1 . 10/19/2005
*wipes tear* so beautiful I LOVE THIS!
Frog Tongue chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
its very imaginative. keep it up. also, i can really imagine the stuff you write about. so discriptive
Cordelia Riordan chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
I agree wholeheartedly with your statement at the bottom. Poetry is meant to be an expression of the soul, not some stupid iambic pentameter or rhyme scheme. Sure, there is such a thing as structure, but unless the emotions are there, the words are there, the language is there, it is nothing. Not to me anyway. If someone does not like poetry that is not structured enough for them, perhaps they shouldn't read it.

Oh, and PS - Thanks for reviewing. :P
darkmistresslae chapter 1 . 10/13/2005
I loved this poem. It was so full of imagery. The only tiny thing was that it all seemed like a big run on sentence. Though, it was still good. Yeah. Don't mind me, I know not what I say. Also, I agree with your note. Good job on this poem. Great imagery. I could see everything. Nice showing.
43 | Page 1 .. Last Next »