Reviews for A Disappointing Gonzo Journalist’s Last File
Jassa chapter 1 . 3/24/2006
"It seemed the authorities would one day have to be a hard boot (remember Orwell’s image of oppression?) with Todd. It came to pass that Todd expanded his efforts by forming a community dedicated to spamming the RSS feeds. He took in many colorful characters, including a top Lieutenant named Jassa, who popularized the “Boobies!” catchphrase in the same way that AVDA popularized “Snape kills Dumbledore.” Under mounting protests, the moderators killed off this community one week ago, after the trolling militia went after the Astronomy Picture of The Day feed."

Jesus Christ. At least TRY to get your facts straight before publishing them online. I'm seriously offended that you're spreading misinformation about me being associated with schwarzer_todd in any way.
iknowthethirdthingaboutpoetry chapter 3 . 3/13/2006
Huh. This has nothing to do with the essay, but I have to wonder which screenname I've regularly seen around isn't yours.

MrFlames is definitely not you. Or if he is, then you're really good at having multiple personalities disorder. Though his writing style is occasionally inconsistent, intentional or not.

. . .

But interesting stuff. Good job.
MrFlames chapter 3 . 10/4/2005
Pure journalism doesn't exist. There is no such thing as merely presenting facts while retaining reason.

Never Again let my words be ompared to Gundam Wing fan fiction battles! Never Again let my word be corrupted by the idea of yaoi! FUCK THE POLICE! POWER TO THE PEOPLE! NWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWAGWA!

And in other news, this is the third essay written by other people about my work. h00ray!
Typewriter King chapter 3 . 10/4/2005
Oh yeah, I know it was obvious, but people like it when we out users hiding behind different accounts. Maladjusted Platypus was Mbwun. I know, gasp.
Typewriter King chapter 2 . 10/4/2005
A Very Disappointed Author flat-out lied in his review, and I find dishonesty offensive. we all know he gave up his anti-flaming crusade.

Steven, your aren't wrong. No one else was mentioned twice. However, several people got many more mentions.

I thank everyone but the liar for reviewing.
SilentBlueRose chapter 2 . 9/30/2005
Wow, I never knew I was parodied! That's exciting...

Anyway, this made me chuckle a little. I think AVDA should be Russian. That would be cool. Yeah.

Wow, I am so drugged up on painkillers right now. So, I'm going to end this review.

Have a nice day.
A Very Disappointed Author chapter 2 . 9/29/2005
My anti-flaming tip line is open and fully functional, you may want to re-check your resources...

as for blacklisting me? eh

by the way, do you actually know what you want from all this? I don't think any of you do, or at least you haven't decided quite yet

but I want is for this to end, so please continue to try to upset me, it is continuously going for naught, and don't consider these reviews any kind of build up, they are nothing more reviews, and if they are what you want I am glad to be of service

but beyond thatI stopped this awhile agoand I have no intentions of continuing it
S. T. Lawrence chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
I rule. I got two mentions.

Nobody else got that much.

-Steve "I Rule" Lawrence
MrFlames chapter 2 . 9/29/2005
It is very strange to have a Y! conversation from 2 months ago be the subject of a 2-chapter essay.

Maybe now I know how Socrates feels. Except without all the gay paedophilia. Well, not as much, anyway.
Sarasa chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Rather funny, but I think I would’ve liked it a little bit more if I knew about AVDA. Although I did fall out of touch with the fan fiction incident for about two or three months.

Let’s see if the second chapter does well.
A Very Disappointed Author chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I understand this may be actual journalism but that does not make it worth reading or necessary.
Kaiwaf chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
"I bombed Korea every night

Red flowers bursting down below us

Those people didn't even know us

We didn't know if we would live or die

We didn't know if it was wrong or right

. . .

I'm not a hero I'm not a movie star

I've got my beer I've got my stories to tell

But they won't tell you what it's like in hell

I bombed Korea every night."

-Cake
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Someone seems unable to differentiate between the other users and me, for I’ve never accused anyone of stealing bandwidth, for the site provides bandwidth for their users. They buy it.

Now, some people seem to misunderstand what this is about. I’ll explain it real simple like with Oklahoma straight talk. This here is what we call journalism. You see, this interview really took place, and I’m working from a real transcript- “transcript” being a real fancy word for “actual words put on paper,” hence, I’m reporting something that really happened within the context of an imaginary world. There are some elements of fiction here, but the words spoken were really said.

I’ll give y’all an analogy y’all can understand. Ever have a conversation in a role-playing game? What? You have! Golly, I think we have an understanding here, I tell you what! Boy, you ever have one so interesting you wanted to right it down? If not, get more interesting people to talk to, if you have, then you understand this project!

Now, this might be hard for some of you who are only used to snarling at one another, but some are interested in entertainment, and I think submersing a conversation into a sub-reality many of us are familiar with is an interesting way to pass the time. For starters, because I have the transcript, the dialog is already written! Fancy that, and shoot, so’s the plot! This all allowed me to get back into my creative writing grove, and if y’all have a problem with that, I’ve got some white Irish yams for y’all to kiss, okay?

In case y’all are unable to discern what’s factual and what ain’t, every line uttered by Mr. Flames is something he’s actually said, and everything spoken by Disappointing is something he said, and the list of official Beta Readers (Gilraen, et al) is real. Fictional parts would be John McCain bombing North Korea in an F-14D and stuff like that. Do you understand this gonzo infotainment business yet?
Chris Redfield chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
and you accuse US of wasting bandwidth? This has no point, I mus agree with Teifling...let the horse die, everyone else has
raptor7435 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
well, this was certainly an interesting read. dont really know what to say about it. good job, it was very entertaining. raptor