Reviews for Rita
Suicidal Romance chapter 1 . 5/8/2006
hi. you may not remember me, but you sent me a review one time, so i decided to visit you. i read some of your poems. they're really great. i think you're an awesome writer. i put you on my fav. authors list :)
wildchild33 chapter 1 . 1/10/2006
i am from louisiana ... i have been to new orleans to help rebuild... thank you ... you have no idea what this means to me
BruisedxWrists chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
nice work:)
Nobody-n-Particular chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Moving comparisons.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 10/4/2005
ahaha, very entertaining, a really flow to it and it's odd, cause it's serious but parts of it sound so absurd that it's like, unreal, i dont, but muchly enjoyable, well written
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
I liek it.. especially the washington part
Mysterious Bloodbath chapter 1 . 10/1/2005
very good. imagery and descriptions are great. I loved it. Keep writing.
alaskakittens chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
This is an amazing poem. I really like the way it was writen. I live in Texas, where Rita hit, and I must say this is a very touching poem.
GaryLovesPickles chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Wow. love the intense description, and the way you come back to staring down the winds in the end. iz xx
Arkash chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Very nice poem. *_*

I'm in Florida, so we had an itty-bitty lick from Katrina-makes me appreciate your poem even more.
Rebecca Kelsey chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
moving
Fabian Cortez chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Engrossing & well described throughout, strength comes through this rather than emotion, if that makes sense. (I think this is intended. From the philosophy of a born survivor.)Anyway that's my take on it. Beautifully composed as always.

Well Done

KEEP WRITING!

F.C
hoowdoideletethisaccount chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Hey Juliet. This is a really good topic for a poem; very thought-provoking.

Re: your comments re my review; I'm really sorry about that youth pastor. Yikes, that's awful. That makes me so mad. While none of us are perfect, at the same time, it's so aggravating to see someone refusing to "practice what they preach". Ugh! :(

I am sorry you were offended by what I said, that wasn't my intent. However-I tell people what I believe, I'm not ashamed of it, and I think if you believe in something you have to stand for it (otherwise it IS hypocrisy). I also think it's always good to hear constructive criticism on our writing, including subject matter. If you don't like the suggestions, you can disregard them, but if no one cares enough to *give* suggestions that's a real problem. Anyway, I'm sorry I came across in an offensive manner (though I stick by what I said :) perhaps I could have said it in a better way; please forgive my blundering)

Again, you're indeed a gifted writer. I'm AMAZED to read these poems and stories by authors younger than myself, who are much better writers than me-haha, it's humbling, but then, a little humility never hurt anyone ;)

Take care, ok? Write on. :)
dooley creel chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
fiercely emotional, I like that you spoke of intimate feelinngs which move you, your space, your experience, the wind off the Pacific as you walked in pink sunsets, the golden northern light which you did not mention but which is distinctive and evocative. The southwesterlies, brooding expectant rain ladden... enough. dc
Seth Triskellion chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
wow... that was fabulous. I loved it. You have such aunique style and it's great. as tot he actual poem I liked it because it said so much. anywho I should go but I loved it. well well done