Reviews for Politics and Video Games
Kohlomere chapter 2 . 6/14/2006
I never thought of it that way before. You have some very good ideas there, I myself started on Sony but converted to some Nintendo. The second chapter didn't make sense to me. Keep up the good work, E.
SapphireIris chapter 2 . 5/19/2006
Ever since I grasped the little NES controller back-in-the-day, I've played everything I could get my hands on - that makes me moderate, right? But I actually kind of like the DVD player in the PS2, since I didn't have one before (thus eliminating the need to go buy one). It is kind of funny in a way, how these things collide... please continue (makes puppy eyes)

-SapphireIris
chitoryu12 chapter 1 . 12/21/2005
I'm a Sony gamer all the way. I still own an Xbox, and want to get an Xbox360, but I prefer the Playstation 2. Besides, the PS2 and the Nintendo Revolution are going to beat the 360. Microsoft released their new console so early so that they could get the Christmas rush taken care of. Sony and Nintendo are taking time to work on their consoles to make them better. The 360's graphics are only slightly better than the old Xbox, IMO
Green Yoshi chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Next Chapter: The Gaming Constitution!

Just kidding Tree...

wow, I didn't expect such a turn out for such a random article. most people just read my poems and go away but this...
Cindy Moon chapter 1 . 10/8/2005
Wow, only a true gamer would write an essay on the political underlyings of video games. That's truly disgusting. (In that cheery tone of voice mind you.) Though I don't quite agree on all your gaming philosophies(mostly since I place myself under your "liberal" label), I found this piece quite entertaining. Anything that pokes fun at the Xbox gets my vote. I have to wonder who you have in mind for those "ignorant ipod fools". Ah, that's right, this was sprung up from gov. If you spring up some kind of gaming constitution, you've been in the class for too long. _-Cindy Moon *)
T.J chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
I think there are actually a few variables in a person's console preference. While I grew up with Nintendo, I have found myself playing the PS2 and XBox more often because they offer different kinds of games than are found on the GameCube. I like the RPG's that are on the PS2 and XBox has got a great online system going (Halo2 has proven surprisingly addictive). I think Nintendo is most notable for it's willingness to focus on games and innovation (I still don't see why PS2 needed a DVD player).
Thomas Paxton chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Creative, and Good Analogies. Well done.
The Gobbler chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
This is hilarious! The analogies of the three systems and the political parties... awesome. Your descriptions of the types of gamers are so perfect... I really think you should keep working on this, I like it alot.
Typewriter King chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
“Also, being the older company, there is an air of tradition…”

The GOP was founded by Horace Greeley and a few other ex-Whigs in the mid-1850s. The Democratic Party is actually older.

“More restraints to make things equal, and there is more diversity and openness.”

Something I always wondered about Democrats; how do they make those contrary values comport? There is in fact not more openness and diversity when restrictions are imposed. In monetary theory, this is called Gresham's law ("Bad money drives good money out of circulation"). As applied to Sony’s selection. You can call this Typewriter’s law of the discount bin. “The games of the lowest quality will crowd out the good games in the discount bin by the time Typewriter King makes it to the store.” It works the same way as Gresham’s Law, and the moral is, equality doesn’t matter to consumers.

Tres bon on the third party paragraph. Xbox is facing what I call Tucker’s Law, named after an auto mechanic that made a superior automobile early in the post-war era. It works like Gresham’s law in that the existing orthodoxy of bad cars will form a racket to drive out a third-party good car. Tuckers were awesome, man!

I guess I’d be an ultraconservative, because I believe pinball with rise again!
Hikagi chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Rofl!

_ interesting paralellisms. I've never noticed them before now.
AmbroseMaximilien chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Whoa, funny XD *gigglesnort* I'm a Nintendo conservative player *pets nintendo* but the ol' boys gonna kick it soon! :P