Reviews for The Butcher
Onyx chapter 1 . 5/10/2006
Like the way you went with it. Nice job.
Lellida chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
So short yet so powerful it says so much. The contrast between the butcher and then selling your own face (since butchers sell the meat of others) is cool. The vultures remind me of Prometheus and the eagle. Really neat poem.
TeapotLid chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
I am very fond of your sentence structure scheme. The few words for each line is a tactic (if that's the right word) I use for my poems sometimes, and it is very...useful. You use it well, is a lot of haunting imagery and language which is very appealing (I don't mean that in a psychotic killer way) and the something about the series of lines, "...sell my / face / to the world / maybe / every night / I'll grow a new one / one / for the vultures / to eat in the day..." Well, basically the whole poem minus a few beginning and ending lines, I like particularly. Whether or not you intended for metaphors, like I have said the imagery is very appealing to my poetic eye. Well. If you can call it that.

Great job, keep it up, 'kid'.

Susurrus-The Whispering Calls-
forgottenmoon831 chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
I like this a lot, has a touch of haunt to it. But it's so true... so many people do this, and the outcome just might be what you were talking about here. Keep it up!