Reviews for You Know What I Mean
seventy-sixth chapter 33 . 11/11/2007
By God that was a good story... I'm doing my VCE at the moment, right smack bang in the middle of my exam period, was bored last night and decided to look around fpress, saw this stroy (I've actually read most of it before, but you'd only gotten to the River/Greg piano concert fiasco chapter last time I read through it)and decided I would start reading it to give me a break.

I COULDN'T STOP. Now I'm blaming you for making me fail my VCE. Is that okay with you? I hope so... 'cause I don't want to blame myself. /

Such a bloody good read though. It's always a miracle when a story on this site is both enthralling and beautifully written, with no stupid spelling or grammar mistakes. And so nice to see Australian spelling too!

Just a quick question... are you a fan of Anne Tyler? Because there were so many things in this story that just popped out at me as Tyler-esque. I have just finished studying The Accidental Tourist, so it may just be stuck in my head, but a lot of the turns of phrase and, more strikingly, the things River was thinking about, reminded me of Macon - the main character. If you haven't read it, you should check it out... I reckon you'd enjoy it. :)

Now I don't know if you still check this... seeing as this story has been on hiatus for more than a year now... but if you do, would you mind terribly sending me info about your novel when it comes out? I'd love to get my hands on it.

Thanks so much for the entertainment over the past day, and hope all is well with you.

Liz

P.S. Poor Sasha :(
snowmonkey chapter 33 . 11/7/2007
that is one hell of a good story, i just love it, some places took me a bit longer to read cause i was ready to strangle both of them. for Caspin needs to get his act togehter, that boy, and River needs a good hit on the head, but you got to love them, can't want to read more.
writersk chapter 19 . 10/7/2007
I am writing from Saudi Arabia. And no, I am not a Saudi. I am an Indian.

This story has got me complete;y hooked. Please keep updating.
writersk chapter 13 . 10/6/2007
Wow! This was a very good chapter which warmed my heart. For once, River seems happy.

Good work!
writersk chapter 12 . 10/6/2007
I really dont have much to say,, except that this story is from now on, one of my all-time favorites.

Good work!
writersk chapter 9 . 10/6/2007
Man, that was harsh. Poor River, he was just trying to help.

Well, keep writing, I am sure as hell gonna keep writing.
writersk chapter 5 . 10/6/2007
I loved this chapter! So far, it was the best. Especially the scene where Jacob comes to the rescue to save River.

Anyways, this is a very good story and I am really enjoying it.
writersk chapter 3 . 10/5/2007
Nice! At last, one hero sees the another. It won't be long before they meet each other I think.

Anyway, good work!
writersk chapter 2 . 10/5/2007
Hey, beautiful story. It is very interesting and I like it very much.

Though I am patiently waiting for some romance. There IS slash right? I found it in the Slash forum, but I am not sure...
Amindaya chapter 33 . 7/27/2007
Well, even though it's discontinued, I still loved it very much. :D And I'm glad it's not discontinued at an unbearable point, where I'll die if I don't find out what happens.
Amindaya chapter 24 . 7/26/2007
Drama people and band geeks (often the same people) are some of the most accepting, amazing, nice, and interesting people ever.
bj chapter 33 . 7/11/2007
ok so i read through this whole story and like a dumbass i didn't look at the date of the last update...so i'm sitting here like 'damn it to hell what happens next' but i suppose you have given up on this story, which, by the way totally sucks because i'm digging it...just wanted to let you know that i have completely enjoyed this story, even if i don't get an ending...
Li chapter 30 . 7/3/2007
I just wanted to let you know that it is entirely your fault I will be going into work with only 4 hours of sleep today. Not only did I stay up until 6 AM reading, I woke up at 10 and read for another 3 hours. So. Shame on you, or something.

My general sleep-zombieness aside, I would like to say that your story rocks! Hugs for all fictional and real people involved.

I see the last update was a while back, so I'll be sad if this story's petered out. Not as heartbroken as I might be, though, since there was a sense of... conclusion a few chapters back. The initial conflict worked itself out beautifully, so I'm not completely bereft. Of course, now things are picking up again. Have you ever considered splitting this latter part into a sequel story?

As I type this, I suddenly realize there are 33 chapters posted, not 30. *Shifty eyes towards the clock.* *Calculation of time remaining before work.*

Curse you!
Gravilove19 chapter 33 . 6/21/2007
You...discontinued it...dangit .

Oh well. I really have enjoyed reading You know what i mean. REally good story. I also never thought of it being like the other fic smashing...anyways. I really enjoyed reading. I hope someday you might continue this story.
Sarah D. F. Wall chapter 33 . 5/15/2007
:] I love this story. xD Hee hee...very good, for real.
786 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »