Reviews for You Know What I Mean
Mimay chapter 33 . 2/23/2007
I was hoping that "permanent" part in the story status would go away, I guess not. I'm gonna miss you and this story and well everything you've put into this place. Keep doing what you do and stay safe.

I guess everyone's leaving this place.

Your story was awesome, you're awesome, the site's gonna be lacking a lot of awesome-ness.

Peace.
Victoria chapter 33 . 1/14/2007
Love this fic. River and Caspian are such cuties. I do hope Caspian gets his act together before he ruins their relationship though.

Poor Mrs. Gardner!
Oki3xDoki3 chapter 33 . 1/1/2007
I've have completed this story so far in two straight days. My eyes are bleeding. (not literally of course) And I must say im sorry to hear it's discontinued :( But if you want, I drew fan art :) It's River and e-mail me if you want it! :)
AoiChoucho chapter 6 . 11/23/2006
I like that character, Caspian. Though it's hard to actually find a guy like that in real life XD

Most are either nice or good looking... ?.?
the sacred night chapter 22 . 11/1/2006
Hey, I hate tea too! I thought I was the only one.

But, um... the chapter! I liked River's reaction to the whole kiss thing. It's pretty common when one character kisses another out of the blue that the one who was kissed, despite liking it, gets somehow pissed off, but I think your treatment of it was original, and River's logic about precisely *why* it was a bad thing was pretty unique.
the sacred night chapter 20 . 11/1/2006
You really think you need to bother with the rating for this? Meh. There's much more explicit stuff to be found on FP, which I'm sure you've found. I don't think two boys making out is going to corrupt any innocents who might stumble upon this story. Wouldn't worry about it.
the sacred night chapter 19 . 11/1/2006
Hell, he's right. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds *is* the shit.
the sacred night chapter 16 . 11/1/2006
Aww I liked the sketches. Not quite what I've been picturing (for some reason I pictured River with freckles... wtf?) but I can definitely see the appeal.

I love the silly musings at the beginning of a relationship (Like, oh my God, he like, totally touched me!) and the myriad blushes that accompany them. I'm engaged, so it's been awhile since I've had that new romance feeling, but I remember it well.
the sacred night chapter 15 . 11/1/2006
Those theories about why M/M is appealing to females are logical, but I think it's simpler than that. We like boy/boy action for the same reasons straight males like girl/girl action. I think part of it might be that there's not someone of our own sex to be jealous of or to block our view... if we're attracted to both participants, it's naturally going to be hotter than if we are only attracted to one. Although in my case, I like both, so I guess the pairing doesn't really matter in that sense. I do find I'm usually in the mood for either boys or girls, not usually both at the same time, so straight sex is significantly less appealing to me than gay sex for just that reason.

I loved the angst at the end of this chapter. I have thought those very things, but about other girls obviously. I had the biggest girl crush ever on my RA, which would've been awkward even if we were opposite sexes, but I'm pretty sure she never found out despite how I went to knitting group (knitting, for god's sake) just to be around her. Even though I have no interest in knitting, having her teach me was pretty groovy *s*
the sacred night chapter 14 . 11/1/2006
I am an American and I did in fact know that Australia has six states and 2 territories... lessee, can I name them? Queensland, Tasmania, is New South Wales one? That might be in Canada... but that's about as far as I got. Damn. I used to be able to name them, but in all fairness that's only because when I was about 14 I was obsessed with a band from Australia and thus got obsessed with Australia itself briefly. I didn't learn much about it in my actual schooling. Don't feel bad that you can't name our states; we have to learn a song to memorize them, no joke. They're in alphabetical order, no less, and it's the most ridiculous song you shall ever hear in your life if you ever do hear it.

And, um... the chapter? I like River's pessimism about Caspian. It's cute, and it's also making it more natural/believeable for us that he knows he's gay, unlike Caspian, who I think you mentioned does not know. I'm bi, so I'm sort of anal retentive about certain points of realism in slash stories, M/M or F/F.
the sacred night chapter 12 . 11/1/2006
Seriously, if two hot gay guys are constantly making out in front of you... why would you *want* them to stop?
the sacred night chapter 11 . 11/1/2006
I don't think River is going to owe Caspian *any* favors, considering how he's made no effort to stop this bullshit from happening. He was going to, yes, but he hadn't yet.

I am glad they're finally getting a little closer, though. It is worth all the waiting.
the sacred night chapter 10 . 10/31/2006
You had me worried when the two of them were falling in the bathroom. I braced for a really cheesy falling on top of each other and strangely liking it scene, but you did something totally different with it and I was pleasantly surprised. I wonder if Caspian will put together what is happening with Adam when he sees River's not in the nurse's office, if he'll find out from the nurse where he went and try to follow, or what? I mean, I'm pretty certain River's going to get is ass kicked *hard* again, but maybe if Caspian gets there in the middle he can stop it, or if he at least sees it he'll feel guilty enough to visit River in the hospital. I really like that this doesn't even feel like a romance yet. You're taking your time to set the scene instead of going for hot lime scenes to boost reviews.

I wish you had mentioned River's sexuality, or his knowledge thereof, sooner. When you wait until right before it's about to become useful, you sound like you just threw it in for convenience even if you really did have it planned from the beginning. It seems a lot more natural to the reader if you establish it early on.

And not that I'm insulting your choice here, but why is it that with M/M slash, almost invariably one of the guys knows he's gay and one doesn't? Why can't they both be newbies, or both experienced? I'm just curious about the trend.
the sacred night chapter 7 . 10/29/2006
This chapter was kind of a nice change from the other angsty ones. As much as I love angst, even I need a break now and then. This chapter did have angst in it, but it was nice to get to see what made both characters happy.
the sacred night chapter 5 . 10/29/2006
Lol, I love the title of this chapter. It amuses the crap out of me.
786 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »